Updated information:

Firstly, for those wondering 'what about the damage multiplier', it will still be present and the changes do not touch this.

Secondly, after some in-house testing the slow motion effect will have the following values:

- Slow-motion effect on enemies now scale with level (.9,.8,.75,.7 percent of normal speed) This is affected by Strength mods, but will have a cap on how slow you can make your enemies overall.

These changes will be going live in an near update on PC, and a future update for PS4. We'll be able to address immediate issues with hotfixes once this change is live on PC.

So M Prime still slows, debuffs, and does damage then, eh? Not sure if these changes are gonna do anything to fix the real issue then since Nova's ult is still "the ult that can do it all". Oh well, guess we won't know until we see it in action.

So M Prime still slows, debuffs, and does damage then, eh? Not sure if these changes are gonna do anything to fix the real issue then since Nova's ult is still "the ult that can do it all". Oh well, guess we won't know until we see it in action.

I think it depends entirely on how long the antimatter wave takes to propogate. I can't wait to try it out!

It's also going to suffer a bit from needing every power mod to make it as good as a base MPrime 1.0

Edited by ValhaHazred

I haven't used Nova in a age since the last nerf on her MPrime reducing the number she could effect, but I don't understand why Duration plays a part in her casting of MPrime, will it be like a wave like soundquake and effect any who are in that cast radius? Even then I still don't understand how duration would effect MPrime it has nothing to do with how long it stays up it's a immediate action. If someone can explain to me that would be great?

I haven't used Nova in a age since the last nerf on her MPrime reducing the number she could effect, but I don't understand why Duration plays a part in her casting of MPrime, will it be like a wave like soundquake and effect any who are in that cast radius? Even then I still don't understand how duration would effect MPrime it has nothing to do with how long it stays up it's a immediate action. If someone can explain to me that would be great?

Because it is being changed from instantly coating everything in range to an expanding wave from Nova's cast position. Duration increase/decrease may either slow down/speed (in no particular order, it wasn't specified in the main post) the wave's expansion.

@PsiWarp ok thanks for the explanation, but using duration for the speed of the wave still doesn't make sense to me, duration by definition to me would mean a action based on length of time of that action. Whereas speed should be governed by power strength, higher power faster movement.

- Slow-motion effect on enemies now scale with level (.9,.8,.75,.7 percent of normal speed) This is affected by Strength mods, but will have a cap on how slow you can make your enemies overall.

Do you mean by 10%/20%/25%/30%, or less than 1% per level? I am confused. Otherwise I think the balance changes all sound pretty fair and seem to be the right direction. Looking forward to trying the new Nova out when this change is made. 

Edited by TheSeannachaidh

This is not what the council voted for as Nova's final ability.....

It still keeps all its effects and now each one can be adjusted based on how you use it. Most use it to slow and deal more damage.

Do you mean by 10%/20%/25%/30%, or less than 1% per level? I am confused. Otherwise I think the balance changes all sound pretty fair and seem to be the right direction. Looking forward to trying the new Nova out when this change is made. 

She most likely meant .9/.8/.75/.7 multiplier and not percent. Which would make you right with the 10% and so forth.

Updated information:

Firstly, for those wondering 'what about the damage multiplier', it will still be present and the changes do not touch this.

Secondly, after some in-house testing the slow motion effect will have the following values:

These changes will be going live in an near update on PC, and a future update for PS4. We'll be able to address immediate issues with hotfixes once this change is live on PC.

In-house testing, That is the phrase I wanted to see. I am glad nerfs (or buffs I assume) don't go through without some kind of testing.

better use nova for long survivals while i still can..... then i'll just stick with valkyr for them, although i won't kill nearly as fast, so i'll just have to be the team reviver while the others do the damage (although it won't be nearly as much damage as it was, oh well, score one for the minority that cried nerf).

Expansion speed needs to be faster. You can out walk it.

I would like to see it move as fast a Nova Sprint Speed.

Also Null Star is still garbage power. Needs its stagger back to be at least partly worth considering.

Edited by Brasten

Expansion speed needs to be faster. You can out walk it.

I would like to see it move as fast a Nova Sprint Speed.

Also Null Star is still garbage power. Needs its stagger back to be at least partly worth considering.

Then there would be no reason at all to have it "spread" out in the first place. If it went her sprint speed or even her walking speed, it would be too fast and too imbalanced. The speed at which it travels currently is perfectly fine. Nova's doing just as much exploding as she used to, only -slightly- differently and not instantaneous.

I will agree that Null Star needs its 100% proc back, however.

molecular prime had way to many perks to be considered balanced:

old prime: instant cast and effect, slowed all enemies, what seemed like an infinite duration, on top of giving a damage multiplier

new prime: now longer cast and effect, scaled slow effect, scaled and much shorter duration, damage multiplier

I thought the old prime was fine accept the damage multiplier and the duration but this change sounds reasonable on paper cant wait to take her out for a spin and see how it performs.

that being said can we see some attention to nullstar. I like it and it looks nice but functionally speaking I have to agree with the community its all show and no go.... still an awesome show though.

i feel like there was too much change to molecular prime, altho a debuff has been long needed.

playing with it gave me this idea. 

rather than casting this room filling aura that gradually expands over time, it could act more like null star.

Nova casts molecular prime and a number of mini null stars explode outward over a certain distance, sticking to enemies. Enemies covered in the primed mini null stars would feel the same effects as the current molecular prime. The mini null stars would not penetrate surfaces (go thru walls/doors). The ability would be otherwise unaffected.

I think I like the change. It's still a room killer, just not instantaneously and since the explosions are smaller it doesn't necessarily blow all at once.

It feels much more fair for my teammates.

Thanks DE!

Nova is NOT a CC frame, her 4 should not slow the mobs

Neither is Ember. Yet she has a very effective spammable CC on a DPS frame. Granted its not like Nova's MP all in one, but its still on a DPS frame. Make your argument with a little more detail on specific's than role. Cause most frames can do a bit of every thing, just some better than others.

How many meters per second does it radiate? How long does it take for MPrime to reach its max range? Important info that you kinda missed out on there~

You guys should just remove the slow effect. Its not really a needed thing. Even with these changes.

Imo, all you guys needed todo was remove the slow effect and leave the rest the same. It still woulda worked fine then.

No, just no.

Nova was finally nerfed. I've tested it to have a relevant opinion.

Except a loss of range, i see no true change, to be honest. She still kills in chains and still cumulate effects.

Having read here and there many threads about her, it appeared to me that what bothered most the players in MP was the superposition of assets. The ability was simulaneously a buff, a debuff, a damager and a wide AoE. Decrease these effects do not solve the main concern of the player: the superposition.

It causes the ability OPness, but also encourages the Nova Players to only rely on this ability.

The best choice from here is, IMO, to split the assets of MP. For example:

-leave the damage to Antimatter Drop. It does this job very well. MP damage is redundant.

-leave the deceleration of groups to Null Star (rework the ability to give it this role rather than redundant damage)

- make MP only weakening (damage multiplier) nearby enemies + if a primed enemy dies, he explodes, knock-down everyone around and contaminate them with the Prime (no significant damage in all the process).

Results: Nova has 4 abilities, all useful and offering different properties. No more superposition.

Null Star: controls the approach of the enemies, AD does the damage, wormhole do the mobility, MP weakens and help to manage groups.

This is an example of rework of what i think the community is/was asking for. I may be wrong, and people wouldn't have done exactly the thing like I did, but i hope this will help you, DE, to see what is expected/wished.

Except that, i like the new visual effect and propagation. ^^

Players, feel free to rectify if necessary.

Edited by Yaer