[DE]Rebecca

Warframe Ability Changes: Nova

what about the kills? people mainly cry about MP kill hogging...why not take away her 1/2 credit per kill and instead only credit her for what SHE kills??? after all. Banshees sonar affects everything, but she dont get the kills, same concept please!what's the problem with her getting all the kills?

Yet you already state it will bring her in line with other frames, while she is already in line.

what's the problem with her getting all the kills?

She's a damage frame.  Damage is her game and she plays it well.  Nerfing that would literally be defeating the purpose of Nova entirely.

It's also nice to see that people are still wrapped up thinking that smacking the 4 key and killing everything in a room is a nova problem.  It isn't.  It's a generic issue of a large amount of ults in the game.  Rhino, ember, volt, mag, excalibur, saryn, Oberon, Frost, and arguably zephyr and hydroid can literally do the same thing.

as much as i'd like it to be like the others, ember's 4 isn't a press2win button, with how it's aiming mechanic works. if it hit all the enemies in it's radius however that'd be a different thing.

5. Make Nova slowed itself while her prime is active and let player see this effect on her own model via these antimatter constructs on her head and shoulders (kinda pulse could be great)

I'm sorry, but what?  Nova's defenses are already paper thin, this would make her ult a suicide button for solo players.  Especially considering that null-star was nerfed forever ago to not auto-stagger enemies it hits.

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure it's going to change anything to the issue, which is nova's ability to clear a whole room with basically two buttons, since damage hasn't been tweaked.

Edited by sixmille

The changes don't make sense. Why is the RANGE of Nova's MP affected by DURATION? Making the duration affected by, y'know, duration mods makes sense. But who decided to make the RANGE of MP affected by DURATION? Can we get clarification on this, and maybe a change so it's affected by range, not duration?

This is just counter-intuitive to new players, and players in general. It's backwards thinking. Who in their right mind would even think the RADIUS of a power is affected by a +/- Duration mod?

• Upvote 4

I'm sorry, but what?  Nova's defenses are already paper thin, this would make her ult a suicide button for solo players.  Especially considering that null-star was nerfed forever ago to not auto-stagger enemies it hits.

Really? 65 armor and 740 hp is more than enough to shoot primed target down and start chain reaction. Besides, Nova is one of the fasted frames.

Comparing with Trinity which is having only 15 armor, 1.0 speed and no attacking abilities...

• Upvote 2

Alright, this is a good start. The change to MP's duration is exactly what Nova needed to be brought down.

Double-dipping into duration... I'm less sure about, but I'll have to see it in action before I can make any judgments on that.

The slow change... I THINK you may have written that wrong, because reducing enemies to .5% of normal movement speed just makes it even more potent. RHINO STOMP ain't that potent, and it bends time.

At any rate, the slow is probably the most-requested section of Molecular Prime to lop off (since the damage boost is more valuable and the explosions are the core of the ability); she could use more CC in her other skills, rather than concentrating it all in her ultimate. Otherwise you're just increasing the necessity of Molecular Prime spam, both as a damage buff and her only survival tool.

Most importantly though, don't stop with nerfing Molecular Prime. Null Star desperately needs a buff; at least return the stagger on every hit, since it has been lost since Damage 2.0 and the stagger threshold changes.

• Upvote 1

as far as m prime is concerned, has de considered changing the "explodes on death" to "explodes on hit"? or changing the explosions to do a percentage of hp rather than a fixed number? (for example, have explosions do 10% of total hp of surrounding targets? before the extra damage by the debuff) and if you would implement this, would it be able to be scaled by strength? (and a bit more overall, would you implement a similar change to other skills?)

other than that, i like the intended changes.  you should also look into reworking antimatter drop and null star a bit to fall more in line with the functionality we've been seeing from the newer frames.

Really? 65 armor and 740 hp is more than enough to shoot primed target down and start chain reaction. Besides, Nova is one of the fasted frames.

Comparing with Trinity which is having only 15 armor, 1.0 speed and no attacking abilities...

Trinity also has damage reflection and multiple damage mitigation and self-healing skills.

• Upvote 3

Okay, great DE.

I gimped, nerfed my own Nova to do what you are planning to do.

Now I have to un gimp / nerf Her so she can be nerfed by you, DE.

Okay...

what's next?

God, this forum is terrible. First of all: Why do you even care about Warframes being balanced? It's a PvE game. Does your e-genital feel small if one Warframe is a bit stronger than others? Why do we not nerf other Frames too that are on the stronger side? Imbalance does not equal bad. Imbalance can help shape a game and help create more unique Warframes. Different Warframe's excel at different stuff. We're not complaining about Rhino's stellar solo-play potential, are we? We don't complain about Loki being able to rush through missions ridiculously fast. Why? Because they're good at it and worse at other stuff. So why do we complain about Nova being good at clearing Trash Mobs? She doesn't excel at anything else and it's honestly pretty childish to cry so much for nerfs, it seems pointless to me. If you keep nerfing everything the community wants you're going to be left with a very unhappy community. You should focus more on buffing other Warframes to be more in line with the stronger ones rather than nerfing the stronger ones. Instead of taking away from Nova, you should see it as an example. Make other Frames scale better into lategame too. And at least let us re-decide our Forma Polaraties if you nerf a frame, so we can re-make our Frame to be more in line with the changes.

• Upvote 13

Why do u have to kill all warframes over n over again ? They had unique skills. And please don't call this Balance because is not. You just want to please couple underaged kids. Why you should care when you fight against AI ? Step by step you bring us closer to Mercury/ Venus . From genius to moron. Who's asking for more challenge just take a stick n fight solo at Pluto don't screw up other ones gameplay. N most if them didn't throw a penny in this game !!! Should be able to vote for changes just ppl starting mastery 6-7 . There is no shame for this haters !!! They will never be pleased doesnt matter what u will give them !!!

• Upvote 3

So why do we complain about Nova being good at clearing Trash Mobs? She doesn't excel at anything else[...]

-50% movement and attack speed, and 2x damage intake (including from other players) on bosses says hello.  She's pretty nice for that.

• Upvote 1

God, this forum is terrible. First of all: Why do you even care about Warframes being balanced? It's a PvE game. 

Balance is necessary in any game, PVE or PVP. The work put into level design and enemy doesn't matter if everything dies instantly. What's the point of playing a shooter if there's nothing to shoot at?

I'm at a neutral stance with nerfing Nova, because she's never really ruined any of my games, but I can see her needing a rebalance by shifting some of her Molecular Prime overpoweredness onto her lesser used skills.

• Upvote 10

A buff to Nova's first ability should be considered, some stagger perhaps?  Procs from enemies can really ruin your day even if you're moving constantly. Don't really know what to think about the M Prime changes, the ability was in a really weird spot where it either kills everything or is completely useless at high levels (banshee's damage buff is still better and should be). I don't think any of these changes will change that. I never really hated the chain-reaction of M Prime, since most low-level enemies are plain annoying with staggers and no damage. The slow is annoying as hell though.

I actually think this is the first time buff/nerfs to a frame haven't made me sad/excited. Maybe that's because I don't use Nova a lot, which won't change anytime soon. Trinity's nerf was needed, but not really the right way. Instead of staring at the count of seconds left until the next 25 seconds of invincibility you have to stare at the list of players (with those damn shared bars, god I hate them). Frost's nerf, Ember's nerf and Mag's buff still make me sad, and the recent changes to ultimates take away any risk of using them.  

• Upvote 1

Welp after all the noobs complaining that nova is op the devs did something 

Nova was fine ,dont care about the changes 

P.S Does anyone play nova anymore i havent seen one nor have i played mine in 5-6 months

Balance is necessary in any game, PVE or PVP. The work put into level design and enemy doesn't matter if everything dies instantly. What's the point of playing a shooter if there's nothing to shoot at?

Balance is not achieved without greatly limiting characters to the same boring concept. Balance is also not needed, neither in PvE or PvP games. In PvP games imbalance result in a certain character being extremly powerful, which is easily countered by a character that is strong against that character, which results in a shifting meta, which keeps the game going and keeps it from getting boring and being watered down to only a few certain viable strategies. Warframe is not a simple shooter, the Warframe abilities are what make this game so unique. If you want to simply shoot stuff, go and play CoD or BF.

• Upvote 1

This seems like a very simple but effective change, it doesn't look like it will massively effect the overall usefulness of nova, however it should make it less of a spam to win ability.

The delay may be good however sentinels and other team mates may be it's downfall as they might kill an enemy near the start of the spread thus ending its destruction.

The growing radius thing is hard to assess imo. Can we have more explanation regarding this mechanic?

Balance is not achieved without greatly limiting characters to the same boring concept. Balance is also not needed, neither in PvE or PvP games. In PvP games imbalance result in a certain character being extremly powerful, which is easily countered by a character that is strong against that character, which results in a shifting meta, which keeps the game going and keeps it from getting boring and being watered down to only a few certain viable strategies. Warframe is not a simple shooter, the Warframe abilities are what make this game so unique. If you want to simply shoot stuff, go and play CoD or BF.

Lol.

And here we have a person who is just wrong.

Balancing content means that each piece of content is appropriately powerful relative to each other and the challenge the developers have decided to put in.

If balance doesn't matter in pve, I am sure you won't mind a weapon that when fired kills every enemy, collects all of the loot in the game, drops life support, and heals you right?

Imbalance doesn't create a shifting meta, incomperables do. Warframe is severly lacking in that.

Warframe IS a simple shooter. Granted its movement is above average.

If you want a game with a better melee system, I recomend blade symphony.

If you want a game with better shooting systems, any other shooter would work fine. CS: GO especially. Maybe a twitch shooter if you like that kind of thing.

For casting abilities, I don't know any off the top of my head because I don't play many, but I am sure that it will be easy to find one.

For better movement, Titanfall for parkour or Tribes for speed.

• Upvote 3

Hello, after 1 week, I'm finally back after being blocked from login, cause since the maintenance all sort of password bugs started.

For this reason I never had the chance to post a comment about Nyx, and since that tread is also closed, I'll post it here.

My "beef" "grief" problem with nyx, as always been the Chaos ability, I cannot begin to understand, how that ability was ever designed that way.

This is, when enemies kill or damage each other, Nyx and the rest of the team don't win any affinity back.

The reason why I think that ability is very bad, it's because this is a loot game, and also a game were you have to keep leveling tons and tons of weapons, so, a ability that causes damage on the enemy, but doesn't give back affinity, it's very illogical for this game.

Also, the same bad logic appends with Nekros Shadow of the Dead.

As for the other Nyx changes, not only they sound good on paper, but I also seen them in action in the game, and its seems a very good work.

Same thing here with Nova, seems like this frame is finally getting a good rework.

So, fleeting expertise builds are now out of the question.

Thanks DE.

yea I thought the same, it will cover less enemies.

God, this forum is terrible. First of all: Why do you even care about Warframes being balanced? It's a PvE game. Does your e-genital feel small if one Warframe is a bit stronger than others? Why do we not nerf other Frames too that are on the stronger side? Imbalance does not equal bad. Imbalance can help shape a game and help create more unique Warframes. Different Warframe's excel at different stuff. We're not complaining about Rhino's stellar solo-play potential, are we? We don't complain about Loki being able to rush through missions ridiculously fast. Why? Because they're good at it and worse at other stuff. So why do we complain about Nova being good at clearing Trash Mobs? She doesn't excel at anything else and it's honestly pretty childish to cry so much for nerfs, it seems pointless to me. If you keep nerfing everything the community wants you're going to be left with a very unhappy community. You should focus more on buffing other Warframes to be more in line with the stronger ones rather than nerfing the stronger ones. Instead of taking away from Nova, you should see it as an example. Make other Frames scale better into lategame too. And at least let us re-decide our Forma Polaraties if you nerf a frame, so we can re-make our Frame to be more in line with the changes.

rhino was nerfed about 3 times already, from duration to str, then they nerfed his iron skin about 2 times after, they nerfed other frames, loki is the only stand out frame. nova does not clear trash mobs if thats what you believe you havent seen a nova in action. nova is way out in front of other frames as it is. late game content is the end of the star map, 30-40, every frame built correctly can scale with that the problem is nova scales way beyond that as was old trinity, loki and about 2 other frames. rhino players didnt get the chance to choose a new polarity when duration was switched, neither was frost players, why should a nova player? even with the changes they dont really affect nova if anything some aspects are buffed, as in if m prime is based on a radius and scales with duration, it just means less casts as mobs will run towards you and continually get primed for less casts, 30 second duration is by  far too much as stated before with a mac efficiency build and no duration mods you still get 15 seconds of m prime, the slow is not needed and look at its figures and it still scales beyond the skill max with str mods. where is the nerf?

That's completely beside the point.  First off, why on earth would her own ability NERF HER OWN SPEED?  Speed is basically her only defensive capability, aside from her AVERAGE hp.  Suggesting that m.prime slow her down as well is just silly.  Like, game-breakingly silly.  That's like suggesting rhino-stomp hold rhino in place for the duration of the stun on his enemies.  No.  Just NO.

• Upvote 2

But while you're shooting at the TINY ball, you're being shot at/hit by enemies...

Are you serious?

Because there are things such as movement, aiming skill, clever positioning and tactics.