Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Changes: Nova

[DE]Rebecca

Well, nothing to do with the skills of nova I would just like to understand why this is the second fastest warframe after Loki. It makes no sense, it should be 1.1, not 1.2. I think that speed should be attributed to Ash. That would make sense in relation to Loki and Ash are stealthy. 

Nova is even faster than Zephyr, which is composed of oxium an ultra light materials. Again I do not understand.

Nova is even faster than Zephyr, which is composed of oxium an ultra light materials. Again I do not understand.

Nova IS faster than Zephyr. On the ground.

Zephyr being a superlight frame is exactly why she's slower. Being superlight makes it a little bit harder to keep to the ground and keep walking forward.

That aside, I'm not entirely sure what this is accomplishing for MPrime. All I'm seeing is MPrime becoming prettier to look at...

Edited by ShibuyaESPer

This nerfing crap is the reason why I'm done with this game, after 1000 hours of ingame play time. Who needs balance in a PvE game? Tell me, who? Watching all important high lvl frames being killed one by one makes me sad. This game was fun until you've decided to serve people who are crying because someone is "stealing their kills".

If you're actually going to nerf nova now, then how about nerfing antimatter drop? I can deal 5 to 10 million damage hits to a laaaaaaaaaaarge area without any effort. Just a few pew-pews and a level 1650 enemy dies in a single blow. Need proof? Watch this:

Happy now? This is what you should nerf if you want to annoy the veterans in this game. This is our only remaining possibility to actually play HIGH END.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by .xTB_Kenshin

This sounds good, but it isn't a problem, Nova is effective yes, but at higher ranges all molecular prime contributes is a slowing at a range and a bit of increased damage as thee higher level enemies are less and less likely to become a massive explosion. Yes she can be overpowered at lower levels, but so are all frames, and it is her volatile power that makes up for her somewhat squishy nature. Please keep that in mind don't make her even less effective at higher levels than she is now.

This nerfing crap is the reason why I'm done with this game, after 1000 hours of ingame play time. Who needs balance in a PvE game? Tell me, who? Watching all important high lvl frames being killed one by one makes me sad. This game was fun until you've decided to serve people who are crying because someone is "stealing their kills".

If you're actually going to nerf nova now, then how about nerfing antimatter drop? I can deal 5 to 10 million damage hits to a laaaaaaaaaaarge area without any effort. Just a few pew-pews and a level 1650 enemy dies in a single blow. Need proof? Watch this:

Happy now? This is what you should nerf if you want to annoy the veterans in this game. This is our only remaining possibility to actually play HIGH END.

Thanks for reading.

That was awesome

Nova IS faster than Zephyr. On the ground.

Zephyr being a superlight frame is exactly why she's slower. Being superlight makes it a little bit harder to keep to the ground and keep walking forward.

That aside, I'm not entirely sure what this is accomplishing for MPrime. All I'm seeing is MPrime becoming prettier to look at...

Ok for Zephyr 

But I still do not see why Nova is faster than Ash. To me this is absurd.

Not bad at all. Much better than what would be expected after Trinity was to defamed.

Only one thing bothers me - correct spread of Molecular Prime - I hope you do not have to produce 5 more hot-fixes to the server and the client's ability to work equally and correctly.

I hope that no other changes appears in patch.

What prevents enter normal CD (countdown) for certain abilities? I do not mean a restriction on reuse while ability is active - I mean classic countdown. (For example, for Trinity's Blessing add CD = 2 * duration.)

Or go ahead and come up with own mechanics for abilities - "cooling down" - certain abilities must recharge (time based on ability) to do full effect on next cast, otherwise it's power is reduced (reduction depends on how mush % left to full recharge).

so, pretty much http://goo.gl/lql0XP  and nothing much changes?  except 27% reduced damage and, missing 225 energy max?

For me, mol prime was never really the issue, as it stops working after a certain level and becomes a debuff.

The snare is annoying on endless defense, but its a great tool for staying alive when playing endless survival.

I want DE to address the issue of 4 million Antimatter Drop(AMD), and the way you can cast 5 AMD and each one feeds the next resulting in numbers that simply kill anything in game.

But I also love the mechanic, the reward for juggling AMD balls or feeding them is almost justified.  I really enjoy navigating a half mill ball around a level and under doorways for use in a room later on.

You could tone it down a little, reduce it from 400% to only 200% or even 150%, or have power strength not apply.

Nyx is a flat 100% damage in 100% damage out, should Antimatter drop be so much more?

One thing to keep in mind is, while nova is a small fast frame that can dodge bullets, she also has very low shields, and no control skills, so damage output is expected to be above other tougher frames with control powers.

Edited by Tatersail

Nova is used so much to steal all the kills in a match is there anything can be done to make this more

Fair for the few of us that don't run here I hate to be in a defence for 30 or 40 rounds and only show 200

Kills and a nova showing 700 to 800 thanks

Just create your own party and kick all Novas that you see. Just take Rhino/Banshee/Oberon and kill so much enemies how you can!

what about the kills? people mainly cry about MP kill hogging...why not take away her 1/2 credit per kill and instead only credit her for what SHE kills??? after all. Banshees sonar affects everything, but she dont get the kills, same concept please!

This is an interesting change, that way i can prime and then get exp for my weapons, sounds good to me.

As for the power itself, i see it has a duration tweak, a range nerf on explosions and how the power works, for me it won't matter, i will still kill everything with it.

Players consider these things as "nerfs", but by looking at banshee, trinity and frost, i think i will wait and try the power once it's changed, it might actually be a buff, who knows.

Not bad at all. Much better than what would be expected after Trinity was to defamed.

Only one thing bothers me - correct spread of Molecular Prime - I hope you do not have to produce 5 more hot-fixes to the server and the client's ability to work equally and correctly.

I hope that no other changes appears in patch.

What prevents enter normal CD (countdown) for certain abilities? I do not mean a restriction on reuse while ability is active - I mean classic countdown. (For example, for Trinity's Blessing add CD = 2 * duration.)

Or go ahead and come up with own mechanics for abilities - "cooling down" - certain abilities must recharge (time based on ability) to do full effect on next cast, otherwise it's power is reduced (reduction depends on how mush % left to full recharge).

Great Idea! Man! I can't understand how developers can't find such simple solution for that problem!

It looks like a change for me, other than a nerf. But ok. We will see. A Nova in team hasn't bothered me at all. Ever...

I think it was great to power up most (actually useless) abilities for all Frames and not break something that work good and/or better than other.

And of course no bullsssssst talks.

Edited by Prolbo

I'm frequent Nova user and i have to agree that molecular prime is not OP. The problem is, MP is just stealing fun for other players in lower level missions. Perhaps adjusting Mol.Prime radius, speed debuff and damage based on enemy level could help with this problem.

I would also like to see adjustment to the Worm Hole's mechanics so the beam won't get stuck on every railings, enemy and so on. Teleporting for 20 cm forward is just stupid. Also entry window is sometimes hard to enter.

Edited by turbinea

Ash too fat?

Ash have 450/300 (HP/SP) while Nova 300/225.

So according to you,  if I understand correctly, if you're frail you must run faster than others. Hum 
in these cases, Volt should be the second fastest, because with his armor, ultra low (15), even with 1000 shield, it really takes a lot of damage. Same for Ember and all other warframes with 15 armor.

Oh and by the way, Nova has 65 armor, 300 hp and 225 energy / shield. It is all but fragile? Not at all 

What I'm trying to make you understand is that the criterion of resistance versus speed is not valid. It's just something that is used as a lame excuse.

Seriously, Nova does not need a speed of 1.2
Edited by Vekthor

So according to you,  if I understand correctly, if you're frail you must run faster than others. Hum 
in these cases, Volt should be the second fastest, because with his armor, ultra low (15), even with 1000 shield, it really takes a lot of damage. Same for Ember and all other warframes with 15 armor.

Oh and by the way, Nova has 65 armor, 300 hp and 225 energy / shield. It is all but fragile? Not at all 

What I'm trying to make you understand is that the criterion of resistance versus speed is not valid. It's just something that is used as a lame excuse.

Seriously, Nova does not need a 

And I'm not going to give a complete answer. Just gave one of the options.

I realized the essence of the problem - you think that Nova overpowered while Ash soak hardly. And you just scream "Nova is too fast! Developers, you Must reduce its movement speed!"

And in Your opinion - who need speed of 1.2 or better? and how slow Nova must be?

You never before try to compare Loki & Rhino, no? why?

sounds fair. MP will depend on powerstrength, -range, -efficiency and -duration. Finding a build for different situations won't be as easy as it is at the moment.

Slow effect: will it stack with infested impedance/ coolant leak/ cold proc?

how about stagger instead of slow effect?

what about the kills? people mainly cry about MP kill hogging...why not take away her 1/2 credit per kill and instead only credit her for what SHE kills??? after all. Banshees sonar affects everything, but she dont get the kills, same concept please!

Kills are like points on "Who's Line is it Anyway?", they don't matter. Why? Because the game is PvE and as long as things are dying, you're winning. The only time they do matter (in regards to frames) is when you're trying to level one up, in which case, why wouldn't the ability reward a kill (or even half of a kill) to the caster? Banshee's Sonar should give assist exp if another player kills an affected enemy because that's synergy and teamwork.

Now for 18,000 egos to reply, each one trying to pick my comment apart while making personal attacks against me because they don't agree with a logical argument.

Edited by Ailith