The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Stop Searching For Crashing Errors, Here Is The Reason!

Grethorian

I have been crashing on Warframe since May. I can't even play the game anymore since it runs for about 5 minutes then crashes. My GPU is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 Ti 2 gb etc etc. My friend who uses a Nvidia GTX 750 has the same exact problem. We both use Windows 7 64 bit OS, but no matter what settings I use and what I do Warframe still crashes. Everything on my computer is up to date. I barely managed to finish the orokin catalyst alert today just to literally crash 10 seconds after I finished it solo.

Sorry for my bad spelling, grammar, and/or english its 1:17am.

Edited by wodanclay

Well here's what happened to me, which seems different somehow. I have had a few crashes over the time I have been playing, and they never really bother me because they were just that rare, or occurred after I had already been playing for a good 5 - 6 hours straight. I even have had no real problems (aside from the prologue stuff) with this update, and then once I start the Kubrow quest, I tried to start Elara and hardware failure crash. Weird... tried again, hardware failure crash. Tried without multithreaded rendering and/or DX11, hardware failure crash on startup of the game now, restart entire PC, put all settings back to previous, hardware failure on startup of game. 

One thing I CAN tell you is that I am not having any actual hardware failure, so this is frustrating as hell. Not really complaining, but I am sharing my experience here. 

Just to clarify, I ran dxdiag, no problems, drivers are all up to date, I always monitor temps closely, I was overclocked about a month or so ago but started getting BSODs when exiting Warframe (whatever) so I am also running at factory speeds, which is just fine. Right now I am checking the file integrity of windows system files so thats still a possibility, but it seems more likely that since I have not had any problems like this.... ever, not with this game or any other, that its something with the system that HAS changed, i.e., the game. 

EDIT: Okay so... now I'm getting hardware failure detections when just loading the launcher, so wtf. 

Edited by Ethereal1

Can somebody help me with my issue? https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/267812-how-to-fix-evolution-engine-crashes-please-help/

I can't even play for 1 hour without serious crashes that are now starting to cause my monitor to go into a black screen. This only happens with Warframe.

The game used to run smoothly. Now after Update 11 or 12 to the present update, the game acts up and crashes. Sometimes it fixes itself, other times it doesn't. Its like as if the game has a mind of its own.

I feel like I should just mention that we are actively trying to track down many of the issues that players are experiencing. While it may sometimes seem like we do not have as much of a presence on the performance forums, I can assure you that it is because we are trying to break down as many scenarios that we can in which these issues can occur. It is true that not every solution can be solved with updating drivers or replacing faulty hardware, however that does not mean I would rule out those solutions entirely.

Every thread in this forum is valued and I greatly appreciate the fact that we have such an active community of people who are willing to help each other while we investigate these issues on our end. I encourage everyone to provide as much insight as possible, regardless of whether or not it leads to an absolute solution, because more often than not it actually does.

Keep in mind that many of us, including me does not have this issue prior to U14. I never had this issue since CB.

-snip-

To be fair, it works both ways.

People can't just say it's broken when other people say it works fine. Modern games run up millions of lines of code. And expecting devs to isolate possibly a single broken string is literally like searching for a needle in a hay stack.

People need to give detailed information on what and/or how the crash happened, this then isolates the problem to maybe a few thousand lines of code.

"It's broke!" (which is the common tune) is not useful information.