Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Change That Will Go A Long Way: Option To Rebind Finishers

shut

Basically, just give "Finisher" its own independent keybind that is capable of overlapping with either Quick Melee (default E) or Contextual Use (default X). Create another separate keybind for "Finisher (Melee Mode)" that is capable of overlapping with "Finisher", "Quick Melee", "Melee (Melee Mode)", "Contextual Use", or "Fire weapon".

Default the Finisher keybinds to E, so players running default settings will be able to activate finishers as they currently do.

What will this do?

Allow players to choose when to activate Finishers, of course.

- Saves huge amounts of time and annoyance to players who just want to finish off an enemy that's at low health.

- Saves precious buff time that accidental Finishers would have wasted. (As a Loki player, I personally have died far too many times because my spin attack into a group of heavy Grineer was transformed into a Stealth Attack during the last second of Invisibility.)

- Reduces the head start that an enemy gets in escaping your melee range when you attack one of his buddies. This is now a very real issue with Ash players; teleporting to a group of enemies and quickly massacring them all is now impossible because of how far away the group is by the time that you killed the poor sap you Teleported to.

- Allows players to more reliably activate Finishers on enemies that regular swing animations can't reach instead of waiting for the enemy to get back up. (This happens far too often when you use a ground Finisher and miss; the cooldown prevents you from doing it again even if they're still flat on their backs, forcing you to wait until they get back up.)

- More client-sided customization, which is always welcome.

What won't this do?

- Have a significant amount of difficulty in implementing compared to fixing each of the above pressing issues one-by-one.

- Have a downside at all. Players can choose to stick to their current controls if they wish, and they won't be gimping themselves by doing so.

- Remove Finishers from the game; there are still numerous situations in which a Finisher would be better than a regular melee swing (e.g. Teleporting with Ash when holding a gun instead of a sword, or instakilling a downed enemy instead of waiting for them to stand up again). Players will be gimping themselves to an extent by removing Finishers from their keybinds entirely, but at least they'll be satisfied that they had the option to do so should they feel that Finishers are too annoying (as is the case with low wall vaults).

Please consider this, DE. It's simple, yet it would be effective and widely loved by the playerbase.

Edited by SortaRandom

if there's a key to bind the finisher to, that means there's also the possibility of having finisher's not bound to any key right? because that's what I want.

I don't see any use for them at all when you could just perform several regular attacks in the same time frame. some people like them because they look cool I guess, and they can use them if they want to, but I personally don't.

+1

• 2 weeks later...