The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sex.

DolgVlaPet

Uve ever looked into one of this warframe-cryotanks during defense? theres a nude Tenno inside and they got no ... u know nothing between the legs so theyre neutrum and therefore can swap the gender they represent as often as they like.

Uve ever looked into one of this warframe-cryotanks during defense? theres a nude Tenno inside and they got no ... u know nothing between the legs so theyre neutrum and therefore can swap the gender they represent as often as they like.

Nah he's a placeholder asset from an old game mate. Besides, have you seen the codpiece that covers up Rhino's junk?

Sex scenes in Warframe. Now there's a thought.

On it.

Did you ever take a look at the Tennos you free during Hostage missions? ;)

You are not playing a suit but the person inside of it. You play different characters. Otherwise they wouldnt have different names dont ya think ^^

Actually, bosses and such call you out by name, meaning that the suit is only that, a suit.

Not only that, but the very first boss, Vor, is able to speciffically call you out on the suit you are using, refering to it as a trophy, meaning that the armor is separate from your person.

So yeah, you play one guy, wearing many suits. Oddly enough, some of those got sexy bits you weren't born with.

Edited by Naqel

Actually, bosses and such call you out by name, meaning that the suit is only that, a suit.

Not only that, but the very first boss, Vor, is able to speciffically call you out on the suit you are using, refering to it as a trophy, meaning that the armor is separate from your person.

So yeah, you play one guy, wearing many suits. Oddly enough, some of those got sexy bits you weren't born with.

Maybe we're just form fitting, asexual beings that grow and shrink genitalia based on what frame we wear.

Didn't expected so much comments on thread... Wow. Can't answer everybody. As far as I understand it, when you create a character, you create one (wo)man, wearing a suit. After all, bosses call you by your (nick)name everytime and are referring to suit as to something independent from your body, as Naquel stated previously. So, it doesn't make much sence when you are running in one place as Ash and suddently, you changed gender, only to kill some infected on alert mission. "That mission is so complex, it will not be possible to accoplish without my trustworty silicon breasts". So yeah, it's a bit weird if you think about that and I am pretty sure that the ladies (Hello, ladies) in this thread agree as well, that it's awkward to play as male character, only because his frame suits your gamestyle, as BloodHungryKitty told, it's kinda strange to play as rhino, with that huge, manly codpiece, moving from side to side. :}

I do realize this is not first priority for Devs, they got a lot of things to work before that, but it would be nice if you could just state your sex at the beggining of game and build/buy any frame that you belive is better for your gamestyle.

Edited by DolgVlaPet

Didn't expected so much comments on thread... Wow. Can't answer everybody. As far as I understand it, when you create a character, you create one (wo)man, wearing a suit. After all, bosses call you by your (nick)name everytime and are referring to suit as to something independent from your body, as Naquel stated previously. So, it doesn't make much sence when you are running in one place as Ash and suddently, you changed gender, only to kill some infected on alert mission. "That mission is so complex, it will not be possible to accoplish without my trustworty silicon breasts". So yeah, it's a bit weird if you think about that and I am pretty sure that the ladies (Hello, ladies) in this thread agree as well, that it's awkward to play as male character, only because his frame suits your gamestyle. :}

And NOW you opened a can of worms that will probably stretch this thread even further... Let the "I'm not bothered by playing another gender. So you shouldn't" fight the "I only want to play with my own gender, not the oposite" in an eternal conflict...

Edited by ReiganCross

Hah, sorry. This isn't the intencion, I just belive it would be nice if we could play as our own genre. )

And i agree with you... There are just those that will come raining down your throath with knifes calling you a bigot or something because you can't "Handle" playing with the oposite gender, like some kind of threat to your masculinity or something...

Like it even matters. This ain't no immersive RPG. I enjoy playing both gender frames, because not only do they have unique skills, but unique aesthetics as well.

Yeah, so aparently you don't WANT to immerse yourself in this... But what if i do? X__X... I want to immerse in this RPG, i want to know more about the lore. I want to live the Warframe experience!

In the lore related discussion, perhaps the frames are just armor that we wear, but they are modeled after some heroes of old, and as a sign of respect we build them in their image? I mean, why else would trinity have kept that skirt/kilt/armored hoodie-tied-around-her-waist..... Its entertainingly ugly.

My name gives away my gender, but personally i dont think ill be bothered by playing Ember when it finishes building in a few days time. To each their own.

I have no issues with the gender issue.

I see the frames more as somekind of robot space ninja and the frame you choose is more like the 'model' rather than them being actual people.

having said that I know bugger all about the lore and its kinda un-specific

but I wouldnt mind a gender option for each frame should it be implemented... more customization is always a + for me

You go out and rescue a Tenno (Defense Mission, Mobile Defense, Rescue...). You also go out and collect materials. The Lotus takes care of the Tenno you freed (Either Nick Naked or Samantha Skintight), and slowly unfreeze them, get them up to speed. Meanwhile, you drop of the materials with the blueprints and the funds to combine them at the Lotus. Those then take all that jazz, grow the suit for the Tenno you freed. When it's all done, the Tenno reports for duty, as your buddy. Before you go out on a mission, you decide which agent you are sending.

I pick you, Saryn. All hail the dangly blue-waffled ladybits.

I think this works perfectly.

Well, we never see the Tenno out of a suit. Even the ones you free are wearing a sort of body suit. So--maybe we're just amorphous blobs who have long since evolved past the need for a solid corporeal form with petty matters such as gender. Except we've kept the warframes, designed off the body types of our ancient ancestors, as a reminder of our horrific war-filled past and why we now fight for peace...or survival or something. So, we're getting poured into the suits and filling them out however is necessary.

Then again, maybe I've just got a monstergirl fetish. Who knows.

Who says you play a person? maybe your an AI, stored in the first warframe and being "safed" by Lotus through reactivation. Maybe, Warframes are artifical bodys with real brains to store your actual being? Maybe thats why they need to be in cryopods.

So I dont think you can say that you simple are one guy wearing many suits.....

Well, we are supposed to be humans, because bosses constantly remind us, that we are nothing without our frame, while taunting us. And to even more proof, take a good look at tenno prisoners we are busting out of jain on "Rescue" missions. Those are clearly human. )