[DE]Rebecca

Coming Soon: Devstream #29!

1) Has there been any progress on the Melee Contest winners? Is there an ETA at this time? Related, when can we expect to see the Enemy Contest winners?

2) Will the player ships simply be a sort of personal dojo, or will they have some sort of gameplay integration? What level of customization, if any, will we have on our ships? Can we expect ships with Update 14, or will they be released at a later date?

3) Dark Sectors (previously known as "Badlands") have come out. When can we expect the other proposed endgame content (Focus system, etc.)?

4) Sentinels have unique precepts, which give them unique abilities; Shade's Ghost, Carrier's Vacuum, etc. What will Kubrows have that makes using them worthwhile and unique compared to Sentinels?

• Upvote 1

I've got 3 questions everybody!

1. Being that I am a martial artist, I would like to know how you guys feel about incorporating more real life martial art moves and techniques, for the Tenno to learn via the Dojo, into the game? Using maybe motion capture?

2. "This game was created with what I believe was not just ONE vision but MULTIPLE visions that will most likely contribute to Warframe coming out as something no one, not even DE, expected" How do you feel about that statement, do you feel it is accurate?

3. Do you feel that the balancing done thus far will have an impact on the decisions that you guys make in the future?

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, SHOW STEVE THIS PHOTO THAT I FOUND OF HIM! HE MUST SEE IT!

uv3ex.jpg

Edited by BecomeLikeWater
  • Upvote 1

Any thoughts on trying to re-balance Mods and their stacking, and how players almost always stack Damage+Multishot on weapons, or how Serration/Hornet Strike are absolutely required to have any performance whatsoever and/or the fact we can go from guns that do 100 damage a shot to doing thousands of damage per shot, causing you guys to have to stick enemies in the game that have tens of thousands of HP so they can live more than a couple seconds?

• Upvote 1

Any chance Banshee's Sonar could function like her new Silence in terms of mobile PBAoE with a duration? I feel it would help players make decisions to be stealthier without having to constantly recast.

Edited by EelPlus

1) Will we see any changes to PvP in the near Future?

2) Will the Codex ever offer more incentive such as mastery experience?

(I will keep asking) :P

Glen is the best.

(Actual Conversation)

-Glen, what is your favorite Warframe?

"Not Ash"

-Glen, what's your favorite thing about Waframe?

"What's your favorite color?"

Never forget.

Edited by Lynches
  • Upvote 1

Can we expect to see more melee weapons per class (like more "polearm" class weapons, more "katana" class weapons, etc.), for more variety? Are there any new melee weapon classes and stances in the works?

Would be really interesting to see some of the other fun melee weapons. An actual spear, nunchuks or three-section staff, etc.

They're making a sword and shield right now, so that's something new.

Speaking of which, my questions are:

1. If we don't get the Silva & Aegis today, can you talk about them on the stream? Also, what about the other community designed melee weapons?

2. Will the Glaive get fixed soon? Many would like to be able to just throw it while it's equipped, instead of having to attack first, then throw.

3. There are many weapons that still under-perform (Spectra, the Latos, the Bratons, Kraken, etc.). Will they ever get a balance pass?

Edit: 4. Will we ever get an infested-themed melee weapon attachment? They're the only faction that's not represented by the melee attachments.

Edited by Braken

Q1- Will Kubrow get armor?

Q2- Will we get more armor in general, and maybe some related more closely to the factions in the game?

Q3- will we get accessories for decoration from other factions outside of armor for Warframes?

Q4- What are the max amount of heads that you plan to go out to for each warframe?

Q5- Will Raid ever make a comeback as an alert mission?

Q6- is it possible past event missions can become actual mission types in the game? Such as kill certain enemy types in a mission, or injecting something into a machine, or collection missions to do the mission where you inject said items. I think bringing them back would make for good walls in order to play, and beat said mission before moving on to the next set of nodes, Dark Sectors, other planet, or maybe certain locations that are usually dead ends on the map that could lead to unique mission types. Possibly even reuse them as alerts in the future?

Q7- Will we ever get to walk along platforms above the enemy, and hang half our body over the ledge, and shoot an enemy from a far better cover location?

• Upvote 1

Damage 2.0 is still needlessly complex in areas. We have 4 types of flesh, 2 types of Robotics (one of which applies to only two enemies) and 2 types of armor for Ancient Infested (which affect 6 uncommon enemies in total). Blast damage is only positive against two niche enemy types, and weak to common Grineer. Oberon’s a “paladin”, but Radiation is awful against the game’s “undead” analog. If damage tables are constantly being rewritten (as Steve has said in the past), when can we expect to see damage retuned again?

Excluding our wide variety of staggers, damage-based abilities like Psychic Bolts and Shuriken are widely regarded to be useless in higher level missions, citing flat damage values suffering from steep damage falloff, and low utility against increasingly-powerful enemies; in short, scaling issues. Several (including those examples) are also less cost-efficient to hit than the player's ultimate skill. Do you have any plans to address this, so damage-focused frames can be more attractive in higher level content, rather than just being outclassed by a well-modded gun?

Do you collect statistics on how many times X frame was used for Y mission type? If so, are you startled by any trends? How has that influenced your balance decisions thus far?

I asked in Devstream 27, and it was brought up by Rebecca, but it wasn’t actually answered (Scott even ran away) – 

When can we expect to see the first implementation of universal ability mods? What can we expect as examples?

Edited by Archwizard
  • Upvote 4

Who are the winners of the  design project? Are you thinking of making another design project with orokin faction and wild enemys?

When are we going to be able to design our own enemys on dark sectors??

Why remove normal vayhek you could have two vay heks its getting hard for players to get oberon.

Edited by (PS4)SuperRaySonic

Q1: Can we get NOVA to stop in mid-air (again) when she Primes, pretty please?

Q2: Can we please have warframe idle animations that do not look similar to the beginnings of the stagger animation, indicating I am being attacked whenever idle animation starts to play? (This never fails to raise my hydraulics pressure)

Q3: What is the history of the Evolution Engine? What is cool about it? What makes it unique?

Q4: How about hosting the infamous tileset doors on servers? Would that improve their performance at feasible costs?

Do you guys ever ship Warframes together?

As in do you do Rhino x Saryn or something like that? i have always wondered if people do that with their characters. 

Thank you for your job with the new cosmetic upgrades and i really appreciated the proto armor for excalibur and the new armors. My question is:

Will you ever release another armor that completely change the look of a  frame like the proto one for excalibur?

Any chance the ps4 will ever get smaller updates, instead of large updates that take longer to port. And I recently looked at codex and saw many weapons deleted, what happens to our mastery ranks, that is a lot X missing off ps4 version. Will we receive extra mastery in place of missing weapons?

Hello, inhabitants of the Forums!

Quite new here, and I couldn't be bothered to read through the other 4 pages of questions (I read the 1st one and the last one), so forgive me if I just end up repeating other's questions.

Q1: You know how Stance Mods are called Stance Mods? Do you not think that they should have actual stances instead of just being... Combo Mods. Like, actual custom idle animations, unique to each stance? And custom run, sprint, jump, and wallrun animations? Just a suggestion.

Q2: What's up with all the dead-end rooms in the Orokin Void? You know, the ones with the consoles at the end? Just curious, you know?

Q3 : As stated by someone above (Sorry, don't remember your name!), Instead of Nekros being a cash machine which doesn't ever get overdrawn, you should make him more useful! 666 Shields at max redirection, if I'm not mistaken. Make him more useful.

That's it for now, If there's anything else, I'm make it known!

• Upvote 1

1. What's the next frame?

2. When will we see focus system?

3. Will Valkyr ever get a decent name?

4. How is progress on the new faction?

5. Hek's in-mission lore radically alters the rules of Warframe universe, and wrecks a much of what it previously established. Was this intentional, or an unintended side-effect of revamping him?

6. Who will be next on Extreme Makeover: Boss Edition?

7. When will we be seeing ability mods on specters?

8. Any news on other installable solar rail features?(Traps, added enemies, nightmare mode conditions)

9. How far off are new "armor" sets?

10. When can we expect "proxy wars"?

11. Will proxy wars feature lots of factions to align with(I wish to be a fanatical Darvo/Sandskate champion!), or will it be just the red veil and our weapon fodder friends?

12. What's the ETA on dojo jukeboxes?

13. It was suggested that Dark Sectors would be expandable beyond a singular node. How far off is this addition?

14. Dark Sectors are clearly incomplete. In your estimation, how complete(what percent) are they?

15. Can we get a promise that frame alterations will remain primarily mechanical(buffs/nerfs)? There's some factions of players who want dramatic frame redesigns, but many others who love the existing designs, but merely want the mechanics(the numbers that are off!) of existing designs sorted out. It's understandable that there may be minor redesigns from time to time(for example, overheat), but it seems silly to completely redesign an existing frame rather than releasing a new one that satisfies the demanded design whilst leaving the frame people love in-tact, particularly when tiny alterations fix major issues(for example, silence is AWESOME now, but technically does nothing new/different).

16. Silence is awesome now. This isn't a question, just, it's worth saying. Thanks!

17. There's been discussion about the recent fan contests, including an "only the chosen" debate. We know we'll be seeing the contest winners, but will we be seeing the runners up/flat-out losers? If so, to what depth and what logic? There's quite a few that I'm very glad have lost, but quite a few where I'm sad to think we won't be seeing them. It'd be nice to have an idea of how the leftovers will be treated, particularly if it's possible that some well-designed, but poorly scoring, concepts could be deep-selected to be brought into the game.

18. Recently, a lot of players have been asking about ultimate game size. Current information works out that the game will have a mastery rank 30, that getting there will require almost 100 frames and 1,000 weapons, and will take approximately 7 years from today(just before u38 and lobbies are introduced!) to appear. Is this the intended path of warframe, or will we be seeing fewer frames/weapons, accelerated mastery ranking, or other curveballs to that base formula? I realize it's a bit much to ask "What is the path warframe will take for the next decade" for an off-the-cuff response, and it would be absurd to see any such far-reaching concepts as iron clad, but it would be nice to see the general roadmap currently envisioned, at least from your personal perspective? Will we be seeing variety-is-the-spice-of-life, or is there a point where you can see yourselves going "Man, we've got too many warframes/guns/swords, let's stop making them"?(Rebecca: If they go with the former, could you say "The spice must flow!"? Please?)

19. Planetary-unique tilesets have been replacing the old tilesets as we go. Will we ever see old tilesets completely retired, or will they always have a place as part of the game?

20. What's the next prime?

21. How far off are the llamadogs?

22. There's been a few false steps/hiccups in the last months on updates. Do you guys think you're perhaps going too fast, or are they just stepping stones to learning how to keep production at the current speeds?

23. It's noted that there's a lot of time spent going forward, but also in repairing. Do you feel comfortable with the current ratio on each, and how does it affect the workload of each when tending to the other, ie. does repairing ever get in the way of creation, or does creation ever get in the way of repairing? Neither? Both?

24. Will we be seeing many more new stances?

25. There's some players who sorely miss the old charge attacks. Will we ever see stances that feature charge attacks(held E) as an actual combo or starting strike of a combo?

26. Will we ever see frame specific stances, say, the ability for a frost to stab someone twice, then freeze them, or the ability for an ember to slice someone and then set them on fire before slicing them again, all as part of a regular melee assault combo(perhaps with channeling required)?

27. Now that we have toggle skills, will this be a regular feature in the future? Or is it mainly going to be a "go back and fix it" thing?

28. We're approximately six months in to damage 2.0 now. Is it living up to expectations? Does it ever come up as a thing that could use tweaking, or is it in a satisfactory place from your perspective?

29. What is the most massive project you wish you could do that just currently doesn't fit in the schedule? Do you think you'll ever be able to do it, or is it a "this would be awesome but implausible with our technical limitations"? Considering the effort that went in to melee 2.0, does anything actually qualify as "awesome but implausible"?

30. Will we ever see Warframe on the X-box?

31. During development, melee 2.0 was referred to by various internal numerics, going, as far as we were told, as high as melee 8.0. You guys said you'd eventually tally up the number of iterations that went in to the final product, and tell us about it. So, what was the final number? If you don't have it memorized, what's a decent guess?

33. Are there any existing technical limitations that you've considered working around to bring us new and amazing features not-yet-dreamt of in the minds of the average tenno?

34. There was formerly a notation made that new sentinels were held back by the lack of new designs available to stick their powers in to. We now have three reskins of existing sentinels(Carabus, Sprite, and Para), rather than three new sentinels. Does this mean we won't be seeing many/any new sentinels(we haven't since update 12.5!), or are there others yet to come, and alternate skins will be a new normal?

35. Relatedly, how many sentinel ideas have been scrapped? Did the 3 reskins originally have different sentinel ideas attached to them, or were they old alternate artwork that was ultimately released?

36. "Armor" does not accept immortal skin. This causes a bug with some frames(like banshee's shoulder), and makes it seem rather ugly/incompatible with immortal skins. Will we be seeing immortal(and other future possible) skins available to work on "armor", or is that something beyond the scope of that project?

37. As ironic as it may seem, will we ever be seeing stats on armor, perhaps specialty ones from proxy war factions, or are we officially "done" with the stats-on-cosmetics phase of the game?

• Upvote 1

This might be said earlier, but Neurodes!! I have died (Well certaintly not) trying to farm for it, but little to no luck. I hope we can fix that. 

= I know it exists in some places, but after Vay Hek was taking off as a boss, it's been pretty difficult to find neurodes =

Could this be possible resolved? ^ 

I have a few questions, and maybe a suggestion or two.

Q1) Will the Kubrow be capable of equipping mods, and, if so, will they replace the Sentinel slot when the Kubrow is 'equipped', or will they have their own slot, allowing for better solo-capability for the Tenno?

Q2) Will ranged weapons and Sentinels ever receive an aura- and stance-like mod-slot to allow for greater variance in play-style and customizability?

Q3) Will we see more mission-types in the near-future, or ever, for that matter?

Q4) Will we have a Nitenichi (Two katana) or daisho weapon-set in the near-future?

Q5) Why -do- some elemental mods offer a smaller bonus per upgrade when their brothers in the same category (rifle, pistol, etc.) compared to others?

Q6) Will other PvP events, like races to mission completion or marksmanship contests, be made available?

...Okay, so that was a bit more than a few. As to suggestions...

S1) For mission types, I'd like to see some mass-Tenno missions. As opposed to squads of four, you could offer siege missions, where an objective is a huge place and requires four squads or more of Tenno to defend adequately. Or a Tenno-invasion upon a massively-powerful boss character. I think these types of missions would be a far more effective use of Solar Rails than -just- beating the tar out of each other in what amounts to a system-wide schoolyard fight over who gets to play on the slide.

S2) Tenno are infantry. Special Forces infantry, but still infantry. We need support, whether it comes in the form of called-in artillery, dropped-in heavy weapons or deployable turrets, Special Forces are insertion squads that need assistance. The closest we come right now is Lotus' life-support (and how -do- enemy factions shut off life support on a -planet-, by the way? I'm still trying to figure out how to turn off Earth's oxygen to get away from a couple of my co-workers.), and that's...not nearly enough. Though, dropping in a suit of powered armor or a tank would be much appreciated.

S3) A general 'Mission Mod' slot that affects your frame and loadout as a whole, like the Dragon Keys, but in a positive or differing manner wouldn't go astray.

S4) I've run into the mod-wall more than a few times, frustrating the crud out of me when I have a loadout I -reaaaaallly- want to use, but I have to polarize and wait a good three or four days before my weapon's up to snuff again. It's gotten to the point where I'd take a penalty to -all- of the mods equipped to my weapon just to be allowed to install a mod above capacity. And therein lies the suggestion, allow mods to be equipped above capacity at the cost of a penalty to -every- mod in the loadout. You'd be surprised how many people take advantage of that.

S5) Dojo missions. Our dojos currently have a drop table, according to the mission map, but there's no chance for those things to drop with a lack of missions. I'd accept defense missions that, until completed, halt research and building processes until completed. I'd even accept -repair- missions that either halt or slow down research and development until completed. But...I want more reasons to go to the dojo other than to trade, beat the hek out of my clanmates, and work on blueprints.

• Upvote 1

-There will be a versus mode in the future? (like counter strike)? 

-When will be released the space station of Venus?

What are plans for future sentinels / pets?

How will the Kubro pets work compared to sentinels?