The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sybaris And Burst Weapons

SpiderWaifu

I'm really enjoying the Sybaris, but I feel like it could use a change to make it more of a unique weapon.

Perhaps a system where firing from the hip will only shoot one bullet, and aiming-down-sights will fire the burst.

Or a toggle between 1 bullet and 2-burst.

I think it needs a toggle, because when I tried it, I found the second bullet was wasted a lot. The first would kill the enemy, and then the second should would hit the dead body and do nothing.

And if the enemy needs two shots, then it's fine. Having the option would be nice, it's all.

Another idea I had to make burst weapons better... A mod to increase how many shots are fired per-burst. Just a vague idea. Opinions?

I'm really enjoying the Sybaris, but I feel like it could use a change to make it more of a unique weapon.

Perhaps a system where firing from the hip will only shoot one bullet, and aiming-down-sights will fire the burst.

Or a toggle between 1 bullet and 2-burst.

I think it needs a toggle, because when I tried it, I found the second bullet was wasted a lot. The first would kill the enemy, and then the second should would hit the dead body and do nothing.

And if the enemy needs two shots, then it's fine. Having the option would be nice, it's all.

Another idea I had to make burst weapons better... A mod to increase how many shots are fired per-burst. Just a vague idea. Opinions?

Well it is already a unique weapon, its the only two burst rifle, and its meant to be a mid/long range rifle. Not many of those around.

As far as ammo efficiency goes, it doesnt suffer to much from that 2nd shot, because it use so little ammo. I would just be thankful that you can kill with one bullet.

We also already have a way to make them fire more bullets, Split Chamber. And if you mean being forced to shoot, say 3 bullets instead of 2, that would make burst weapons sluggish and a pain to use.

As a matter of fact, I think that kind of customization is one of the things this game needs the most. It would be absolutely brilliant if we could change more about our weapons other than just damage values. Tweaking and customizing it's mechanical behaviours would be excellent.

This falls right in the category of genius ideas such as the Penta sticky-bomb mod, for instance - wich we are yet to see. Or different kinds of arrows for the bows.

So yes, I would absolutely love to see mods like that. And I'm sure there are tons of great ideas in that line around the forums. Mods like that would open up a whole new world of fun possibilites to the game, and they would breathe much more life into each weapon, increasing their replayability value. Not just for burst weapons - wich OP was covering - but for all of them.

As the owner of 50+ weapons, i'd be thrilled to go back to some oldies and see what I could do with those.

Edited by MrCranky_BR