May 23Rd: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Agreed. Between this and Saryn, you find them, get them, then... feel disappointed.

Definitely also think that Sayrn needs a second look. There was a a post from a few weeks ago that had a lot of good comments on her. I'll try to dig it up and link it back to here.

Yes to T4, but also yes to more game modes like DEGlen said during the livestream.

If Oberon is a paladin, he needs his paladin aura, and that should be different from what trinity is offering. The 4 should be completely reworked to be a non damaging ability focused on defending surrounding allies. Now the challenge is not to make it a clone of blessing.

The biggest problems with utility mods is giving up a spot to use them when you're not sure you need them.

The perfect example:

WarmCoatMod.png

Ice environmental effects are completely random. No one with any understanding of the game will slots this mod in the off chance that the mission they're going into will have ice effects (frankly, even if I *did* know that there were ice effects in a mission, I'd rather just throw in a maxed Vigor on top of Redirection/Vitality rather than to slot Warm Coat).

What I feel we need is two additions to the game:

1) The ability to see what effects there are in any given node. Instead of making it random at load in, make the current state of the node visible during mouse-over (pardon the weak photoshop skils):

MapStatus.jpg

2) A hot-swap Mod slot available at the map screen, similar to the old Artifact system. While the new Aura system won a lot of players over with the additional mod points it added to Warframes, the utility of being able to see each other's Team-Boost and the ability to swap it in the lobby depending upon your squad makeup was never really addressed. No Trinity on team? Hot swap to Rejuvenation. All four players have Energy Siphon equipped? One person can change to Corrosive Projection. This is something that I sorely miss from the early open Beta days. It's something that should be brought back in one form or another. Maybe Artifacts 2.0 is the place for Utility mods like Warm Coat and the verious Damage Resistance mods.

Edited by DaftMeat

Things that I would like to see and some things that you have touched on I will list.

Sniper Scopes: It has been talked about before to have the option to toggle them on or off, I have been waiting for this option since I hate how the scopes look (no offense to the Dev who designed them).

Lato nerf: before damage 2.0 the lato had 20 damage or a little more, now it has been nerfed twice and its damage is pretty pathetic, it discourages a lot of new players when their weapons deal extremely low damage.

Shotguns: Shotguns have been constantly phased out of the meta, with the continuous weapons being more accurate and dealing full damage for longer ranges then shotguns, rifles getting stronger, the only shotguns you will see people use will be the boar prime or the phage. And the phage isn't really a shotgun since it is more of a continuous weapon. I think its time to look more at spread rather then damage fall off since the drakgoon, detron, and the bronco series do not have damage fall off but they have either larger spread or travel time and none of them are considered op. It would be nice to take a look at spread so that mods like vicious spread and tainted shell would be considered more.

Volt: This is a personal opinion but Volt does not live up to his description of "an alternate to gun play" this is more due to the low damage of electric damage to enemies with no good bonus to enemies and usually very harsh penalties, there is no reason why I would just use electric damage when the combined elements are so much better.

Just my opinion but it would be nice to look back on older community hot topics and see if things were fixed or changed and try to get them pushed (I'm specifically talking about sniper scopes).

Still no love for continuous fire weapons, seems everybody forgot about how awesome the flux or synapse once were. On the other hand, there is no reason, we got phage and that other new, simply stronger stuff....RIP in piece my lovely, useless 5 times formaed flux :'(

The biggest problems with utility mods is giving up a spot to use them when you're not sure you need them.

The perfect example:

WarmCoatMod.png

Ice environmental effects are completely random. No one with any understanding of the game will slots this mod in the off chance that the mission they're going into will have ice effects (frankly, even if I *did* know that there were ice effects in a mission, I'd rather just throw in a maxed Vigor on top of Redirection/Vitality rather than to slot Warm Coat).

What I feel we need is two additions to the game:

1) The ability to see what effects there are in any given node. Instead of making it random at load in, make the current state of the node visible during mouse-over (pardon the weak photoshop skils):

MapStatus.jpg

2) A hot-swap Mod slot available at the map screen, similar to the old Artifact system. While the new Aura system won a lot of players over with the additional mod points it added to Warframes, the utility of being able to see each other's Team-Boost and the ability to swap it in the lobby depending upon your squad makeup was never really addressed. No Trinity on team? Hot swap to Rejuvenation. All four players have Energy Siphon equipped? One person can change to Corrosive Projection. This is something that I sorely miss from the early open Beta days. It's something that should be brought back in one form or another. Maybe Artifacts 2.0 is the place for Utility mods like Warm Coat and the verious Damage Resistance mods.

’Hardest’missions are too Easy
The introduction of T4 keys is almost certain, but the release date is still tentative. One of the issues with releasing T4 keys is figuring out how to scale enemies so that they are challenging for experienced players but not too restrictive for players who might not have optimized gear. We discussed this at length on the couch today, which led us down a path of all the possible problems and the fundamental point that ‘more armor/health’ doesn’t necessarily mean more difficulty. An important distinction!

So, basically, this means more RNG and more grinding. More dillution. That doesn't seem to have fixed anything.
Edited by CrimsonCrown

I am very much on board with returning the extra miter projectiles, even at the cost of a damage nerf or something similar (2 blades normally, extra blades on fullcharge, etc.). When the 'bug' hit i earnestly thought it was just a buff, and had a great deal of fun tweaking my Heavy Caliber mod to see just how much i could level it and still remain accurate while getting an optimum spread of blades. Hopefully we'll see a return to how it was (though perhaps not with the 11k total damage i was seeing :P )

I would really like to see reverting the Miter back to that "bugged state", because it actually started to kill the enemies.

The point is that even with 3x damage buff, (just re-think it for a moment 3 times more damage) it performed good (not decent, not OP) against level 30 enemies.

Honestly, i see it from that Miter is Slash orientated weapon, Flux Rifle suffers from the same thing.

You can either bring x3 damage back or re-adjust some Slash damage into Puncture damage which will actually result that you'll need to buff it less then x3.

Don't know if it should be x3 damage with 1 blade or just 3 blades again, 3 blades look cool but kinda don't make sense.

Edit: and for god's sake do something with Miter projectiles hitbox - it's feels like it doesn't have any width and acts like a bullet.

Edited by Riccoshot

Why do T4 Keys need to be playable by everyone? Or let's put it the other way round:

Why can't we get any missions, where you NEED the maxed out gear???

There are many people who have that gear and want to use it. Right now you have to play for about 45 boring minutes just to have a short time of a real challenge. You could also add the option to "Start at wave 45" or "Start after 45min". In many other games you have the option to raise game difficulty just for the fun of it.

’Hardest’missions are too Easy
The introduction of T4 keys is almost certain, but the release date is still tentative. One of the issues with releasing T4 keys is figuring out how to scale enemies so that they are challenging for experienced players but not too restrictive for players who might not have optimized gear. We discussed this at length on the couch today, which led us down a path of all the possible problems and the fundamental point that ‘more armor/health’ doesn’t necessarily mean more difficulty. An important distinction! 

High level content "Not restrictive for players who might not have optimized gear"  ? Why propose the option to have optimized gear in the first place if we have no reason to use it ?

Is there a revamp of all this ? A limit on how many formas we can put in frames / weapons coupled with A BIG nerf of all the more powerful powers / weapons ? Because if not, this doesn't make any sense in term of game design. Isn't Focus another way to make ourself even more powerful ? To what end ?

Many games do this right. In Guild wars 1 for example, once you had finished the campaign, you had the possibility on playing "hard" mode with enhanced enemies and AI, COUPLED (that is important) with better rewards. A quick read : http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hard_mode

That is an example of good design. The Nightmare mode with no better rewards in Pluto than in the beginner planets is an example of bad design. Nightmare alerts are way better with the fixed penalty and fixed reward with good credit scaling (in short : no RNG) and that's the shame that they are not an "always on" feature or option.