Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penta In Conclave

Joyfulmama

Honestly you shouldn't be worried about this gun.

It's projectile path can be a disadvantage and advantage, but usually a disadvantage. Use it. And further more, how about you run straight up in his face, blow him away with a shotgun or melee multiple times, and make sure he'll never dare use that thing again? I can't because of my gear, but I'm pretty sure you can.....

It's projectile path can be a disadvantage and advantage, but usually a disadvantage. Use it. And further more, how about you run straight up in his face, blow him away with a shotgun or melee multiple times, and make sure he'll never dare use that thing again? I can't because of my gear, but I'm pretty sure you can.....

I should be, especially if someone good is using it, it's basically a one-sided game. In Conclave everyone moves about really quickly, even Penta users, so running up to him with a shotgun doesnt really work. Melee could work but you have to depend on mobility to dodge his explosions - more reliance on copters. But between every copter there is a slight pause, penta users can just blast u during that pause or predict your trajectories and eventually kill you. And anyways playing melee all the time can get boring.

First, and foremost, i really dislike pvp, yet, one of my favorite games has one of the best PvP system.

PvP is supposed to be challenging, balanced, and most of all, fun. There is no point on going to do some PvP and get griefed, mad, or something, there is alot of that in League of Legends and DotA2 already. But that isn't PvP, that is strategy games. So let's not count that.

Penta and any other "explosive kind weapon" and a major fault to PvP in Warframe, as some frames powers, for the moment, there is nothing to be done, and i hopelly wish it will be some time until something is done.

Like i've said, i'm not a fan of PvP, so as far as i'm concern, the more time they take to fix it, the better. But, i also wish, that, when they do fix it, they fix it properly and make something decent out of it.

Penta can be exploded in midair (or placed as traps) to kill, Angstrum has to hit a nearby object or the tenno head-on to kill. They work differently. Angstrum may be OP too, but I'm focusing on Penta here, if you want to talk about Angstrum make your own thread thanks.

Credit given since Angstrum is similarly an explosive-type weapon.

Is there even a point in that? Penta...you can copter out of its way if you know what you're doing...but when a well moded Angstrum fires a volley of 21 rockets at you...there's no escaping from the imminent wall of doom, unless you're extremely lucky that none of them hit you or anything nearby.

AFAIK conclave is about movement and using the environment. If you get killed by a Penta you will get killed even faster by other weapons since those dont have a trajectory.

False. Try hitting hitting someone coptering around violently across the map with an ordinary gun with bullets. Then try it with Penta, preferrebly with firestorm. Learning the trajectory of the Penta is not hard at all and you can detonate it and kill your target even when he's relatively far away.

Use pure black energy on the Penta aswell for added confusion.

Penta is there because of reflection, not the other way around.

Never used it before reflection+auto parry epidemic.

So I go out, get my penta and hopefully join the same game and kill reflection until they leave.

I feel no shame, I don't even mind playing against penta, or other explosives, just added chalange, but reflection.. And yea, u can't melee explosives, only counter with explosives, or distance shots that can be almost imposible if they know your position and wallrun good. After you learn that if you copter forward and try to shot and detonate, you fly faster then the nod (who cares about physics:), and blow yourself the first time, you learn little tricks and it's smooth sailing after that. It's almost undogable. Castanas are hard to play against too, less aoe, but that range.. and fire rate.. and ogris on open. Angstrum is actually the worst of the bunch, best chance for suicide in that game pace..

A lot of broken things in conclave. After last update, Loki black energy - invisible, i mean totally invisible. So we got one more broken mechanic.

Hooray!

Is there even a point in that? Penta...you can copter out of its way if you know what you're doing...but when a well moded Angstrum fires a volley of 21 rockets at you...there's no escaping from the imminent wall of doom, unless you're extremely lucky that none of them hit you or anything nearby.

I already said to someone else, copter isn't a perfect evasive maneuver, there's a slight pause between copters plus copters and copters have to go straight so they can predict your trajectory. And I didn't disregard Angstrum as OP so well done for emphasising Angstrum again, now go make your own thread thank you.

So I go out, get my penta and hopefully join the same game and kill reflection until they leave.

I feel no shame, I don't even mind playing against penta, or other explosives, just added chalange, but reflection.. And yea, u can't melee explosives, only counter with explosives, or distance shots that can be almost imposible if they know your position and wallrun good. After you learn that if you copter forward and try to shot and detonate, you fly faster then the nod (who cares about physics:), and blow yourself the first time, you learn little tricks and it's smooth sailing after that. It's almost undogable. Castanas are hard to play against too, less aoe, but that range.. and fire rate.. and ogris on open. Angstrum is actually the worst of the bunch, best chance for suicide in that game pace..

A lot of broken things in conclave. After last update, Loki black energy - invisible, i mean totally invisible. So we got one more broken mechanic.

Hooray!

Reflection you say?

Theres this thing called a stug...

Well I'm an Embolist user(yes I'm a hipster who likes playing with handicaps to pretend that I have some kind of level of skill to assuage my secret fear of being inadequate) but I really had no trouble with Penta players(Amphiscopter!), but now that I think about it, it could be sort of worrying for me if someone were to just place a Penta grenade at his feet to easily revenge-kill me when I close in. But that hasn't happened yet so I'm not worried- though maybe Penta detonation after death should be disabled.

That doesn't work out in practice.

PVP is broken. Not a great news... This is a PVE based game

Just equip a reflection mod, so you can parry the explosion and oneshot the enemy. Easy

You sir, are a dunce. Go watch livestream 29. PvP is now a very high priority thanks to the people of conclave asking for more.

Either ban it in conclave or nerf it in conclave. This weapon's ridiculously stupid there. I don't think I have to say much, conclave players will know.

And don't talk to me about "Oh I know how to play against Penta" or "There's a way to counter it you know". It's still an imba and unskilled weapon, seriously destroys the fun of conclave.

Edit: So after reading through the comments, got some things to say, some things to re-emphasise.

"PvP isn't fun" Alright then go play your PvE. What's the point of you commenting here? It's like a pure FPS player commenting that Strategy Games aren't fun. Of course it isn't to you, smartass.

"You can do this...you can do that." Already said. I KNOW there are ways to counter Penta. But if you have to keep playing that way and if you try to play your own style it's a sure loss...it's bloody boring. So many unique playstyles will be destroyed just to accomodate the OP-ness of Penta in Conclave.

Agree that playing private games is a solution but there are times when people aren't online and you just feel like Conclaving with new people from public. Then these Penta users come in and ruin the fun and I can't pub Conclave until they leave.

As far as people using the penta, Its a respect thing not to use explosives or other rigged mods.

A warning here though, you will encounter two types of people in lobbies that in most oppinions will, ' ruin conclave '.

1st, The cheap users.

They will do anything to win, no matter what people think of them.

You should know these people just by looking at their loadout. Most are pretty douchy, not going to sugarcoat it.

The first person are easy to deal with normally, sometimes it is as simple as, " You do realize that the {Weapon/Mod} is overpowered and you are gaining no respect from any players by using it? Please take it off man. "

The second person.. People absolutely despise.

2) The strong and talented players.

These people you can easily rereconize by either a very high k/d and impossible to hit or someone who flies across the map in seconds while hitting and/or killing you.

These players are just playing, When people mention that they are not normal that means little to them. They are normal on their own level.

** Small hint about these players **

~ Ask them to help you or teach you something to improve your conclave in hopes that one day you will be able to vs the { Players mentioned in #1 } Most will be very respectful and be glad to teach you.

If this is a derailing post, my bad.

PVP is broken. Not a great news... This is a PVE based game

Just equip a reflection mod, so you can parry the explosion and oneshot the enemy. Easy

That doesn't help when reflection from explosive damage is strangly mitigated and you can't  block explosive damage. There's also a type of delay, making it you technically die first and lose, anyway. So. that's stupid. 

Never played conclave but doesnt almost any good weapon 1-2 shot your opponent ? If secondary weapons 1-2 shot you - you think a grenade launcher that 1-shots you is OP ? Come on - its a grenade launcher - you want it to not kill you on a direct hit ? AFAIK conclave is about movement and using the environment. If you get killed by a Penta you will get killed even faster by other weapons since those dont have a trajectory.

If its a rant against rocket / grenade launchers in general : In a war you will not have a choice over the weapons an enemy uses. If you want to exclude certain weapons then you might want to negotiate with your opponent on that.

I'm sorry but... You just do not understand. It is all about mobility, but the map is only like 50m long and 50m high. You have no place to go except hide like a little *@##$ if there's some one who's just going to wait to shoot a grenade launcher at your only source of energy and health. No, there are not many other weapons that kill faster than a Penta or explosive type weapon. The biggest difference, the Penta requires no skill past depth perception and timing skills past the level of a kindergartener. Besides the dual Ichors which have a slide attack the one shots just about everything but that's a straight line and you have to be on the ground and slow. Other wise, they really have to work to hit you. A bow, unless you have thunderbolt, which isn't that big of a deal with it's small AoE, requires a lot more skill. Especially since we're not stupid AI and have more than two forms of motion: Straight and derp run in circle mode. We duck, slide, roll, jump, fly, wall run, wall attack, fire back appropriately, cover fire, suppress, stealth and more. It's difficult to hit someone who knows what they're doing with a bow. Melee VS. Melee like old samuaris is really fun especially now with melee 2.0 and effective blocking. Though, in moderation. If you're just going to sit and block with reflection the whole game, I'm not going to attack you and there is no way in hell you're going to kill me unless you have a stug, penta, or ogris unless we're fighting fair. Sniper rifles are iffy, since they do one shot but it's pinpoint. You actually have to be able to track and hit them and there are only small windows to do such.

Honestly, the point I'm trying to bring out it that you don't deserve to have an opinion until you actually play conclave because that's like trying to tell a blind person walking around looks simple without being blind. 

Protip: THAT DOESN'T WORK. 

You obviously have never played conclave, have you? You start out on opposite sides of the map and there's three ways he can get to you excluding going above you which rarely ever works. HE HAS A GRENADE LAUNCHER AND INSTANT ACCESS TO TWO OF THOSE WAYS AND IS FULLY AWARE OF THE THIRD. It's really hard to get within five meters of someone like that. 

Disregarding the stupid PvP hate

the penta is mostly balanced

It kind of needs work like alot of things but not too terrible since its slow and people ith rifles can easily catch you first

It's just not. Sprinting speed of an Excalibur with max Rush mod < Penta Grenade. Unless you're using a sniper rifle from max range, about 40 meters or so, "catching them first" is not a valid option. 

Hooray!

You've obviously never used a Glaive... Or reach... Or ground slam knock downs... Or anything that involves not hitting them from where they're blocking.