Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

- Updated 6/24/14* Falkor, Dragon Warframe Concept [With Artwork/abilities]

kingfirejet

--UPDATED 6/24/14 Minor Fixes--

"If we can have a bird and a space pirate, then we can have dragons." - Why We Should Have Dragon Frame Fan Club
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a major upgrade from my previous Warframe Concept located here. It took around 6 hrs to create this artwork with photoshop and manga studio. I'm aware that I'm not the only one with the concept [Endrian's Concept:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37089-a-warframe-concept-the-dragon-20-%E2%80%94-updated-5182014/ ]. If we have more awareness and concepts though, it might influence DE's decision for the next frame.

Previous Version: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/237358-we-want-dragons-dragon-warframe-concept-with-artwork/
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Idea Focus

+ Tank Based with average mobility: Dragons are naturally tanky, I didn't want a female appearance as much as I don't want a female Rhino. I didn't go for high mobility even though he's a dragon because Zephyr is the aerial frame and she would seem weak if we had a flying tank through the sky. He will have high health levels with fairly high armor, but average to low shields.

+ Balanced set of abilities, more aggro than support though: I gave him a set of abilities which I think make him balanced, but that's up to many opinions. I'd take more ideas for abilities, but I don't want him to be overpowered, just a fun frame to use (I'm anti Molecular Prime and Rhino Stomp spam).

+ DRAGONS @(&*@#$#!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Concept Painting/Wallpaper
Gbg8Qst.jpg

Previous Version

http://i.imgur.com/rtyzk9u.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Concept Painting Explanation
nB8IsPF.jpg

Abilities Explanations 
sZ8dCRg.jpg

Previous Version

http://i.imgur.com/WjVlk1M.jpg

Hope you like the concept, feel free to reply with feedback, opinions, concerns, feels, rants, hypes, etc. 
UPDATES WILL COME! Make sure to follow!

Edited by kingfirejet

Oh god yes i loved the darkness , and if a warframe was based around that then yes count me in

all tho personally i dont like the concept art for it but its a great idea

Edited by DiBBz

Clever pitch appealing to another DE game (which is Awesome) as cool as your idea is there was another dragon frame idea that I think is also good. I'd love to see them both made to be honest.

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

We cool design, but the abilities are a little lackluster.

To have continuous beams that drain energy seems too OP, and if it was nerfed in anyway the ability would be too weak and underwhelming. Personally, I'd rather remove the energy drain, while being allowed to wield weapons. (Sort of like world on fire but with limited range, and it's more directly in a line than AOE.) Keep with the Health draining theme and allow him to drain health with his beams, and then you can dual this ability with his first to quickly jump in front of his enemies to cause a small AOE, then mass kill/drain for HP.

And you should reconsider devour, I love the imaging around it, but targeting a single enemy for HP is very weak. Consider killing a enemy for energy, and allow it to simply become additional companions that attack enemies around you (sort of like turbulence/iron skin but can deal a fair amount of damage to enemies.) Then allow Evolve to stack up on these enemies, and when they are destroyed they drop 1 energy orb.

And also consider to change something into provoking ability as well, so it makes enemies come after you so you can tank. (Another addition to evolve perhaps?)

To point out what I'm suggesting, basically make a frame were his abilities effect/enhances one another, while doing being sufficient on their own. A tank needs to be able to take damage for their team. His range is very limited (except for his first ability) so that way he can have self healing powers that aren't too overpowering, and are useful enough for fighting the enemies closely around you.

We cool design, but the abilities are a little lackluster.

To have continuous beams that drain energy seems too OP, and if it was nerfed in anyway the ability would be too weak and underwhelming. Personally, I'd rather remove the energy drain, while being allowed to wield weapons. (Sort of like world on fire but with limited range, and it's more directly in a line than AOE.) Keep with the Health draining theme and allow him to drain health with his beams, and then you can dual this ability with his first to quickly jump in front of his enemies to cause a small AOE, then mass kill/drain for HP.

And you should reconsider devour, I love the imaging around it, but targeting a single enemy for HP is very weak. Consider killing a enemy for energy, and allow it to simply become additional companions that attack enemies around you (sort of like turbulence/iron skin but can deal a fair amount of damage to enemies.) Then allow Evolve to stack up on these enemies, and when they are destroyed they drop 1 energy orb.

And also consider to change something into provoking ability as well, so it makes enemies come after you so you can tank. (Another addition to evolve perhaps?)

To point out what I'm suggesting, basically make a frame were his abilities effect/enhances one another, while doing being sufficient on their own. A tank needs to be able to take damage for their team. His range is very limited (except for his first ability) so that way he can have self healing powers that aren't too overpowering, and are useful enough for fighting the enemies closely around you.

Thanks for the constructive feedback! Love the ideas here, I didn't know what to center him around, but now life drain seems like a good choice to combo with the AoE of the 1st ability.

Wow i think I've seen this somewhere before, OH THAT'S RIGHT! This is almost a complete art similarity of the Typhus concept!

Did you happen to take inspiration from it?

EDIT:

Did you ask to use Red's artwork on your post? You know between artist and such you always ask permission to use their artwork to promote your own?

Edited by EMagnolo

somehow the concept art reminds me of Godzilla with a hint of MH. 

Tempest Wind seems nice, though it would be funny if you can use it while walking. 

As much as I want to own a kubrow already, Evolve seems lack luster imo.

As for the concept its pretty good.

- Let me note that this is all MY artwork and I've gathered all references from the internet. I also know that I'm not the only one with this idea (Endrian's Concept).

"During the old war, the Orokin used the original Prime Warframes for combat against the opposing factions, but when their numbers dwindled, they decided to create an elite force of Warframes that were strong as entire armies. The Dragon Warframes were few in number, but had the highest survival rate and strength to go toe to toe with all enemy factions."

Idea Focus

+ Tank Based with average mobility: Dragons are naturally tanky, I didn't want a female appearance as much as I don't want a female Rhino. I didn't go for high mobility even though he's a dragon because Zephyr is the aerial frame and she would seem weak if we had a flying tank through the sky. He will have high health levels with fairly high armor, but average to low shields.

+ Balanced set of abilities, more aggro than support though: I gave him a set of abilities which I think make him balanced, but that's up to many opinions. I'd take more ideas for abilities, but I don't want him to be overpowered, just a fun frame to use (I'm anti Molecular Prime and Rhino Stomp spam). 

+ DRAGONS @(&*@#$#!

rtyzk9u.jpg

Shaded Version

sHhBXoB.jpg

Abilties Display

WjVlk1M.jpg

Draco Slam [Cost: 25 Energy] - Target near an enemy then his wings boosts him into an aerial pounce onto the targeted area doing small AoE damage and does knockback ( Basically Sonic Boom+Super Jump+Slash Dash).

+ Focus and Reach Affected - After the ground slam, 2 seconds to get up from attack

Evolve [Cost: 50 Energy] - Emits a menacing roar (scarier and more bada** than Rhino's) that affects all pets (Kubrow too for Update 14+). I thought this ability is unique and gives love for our pets that risk their 9 lives for us every mission <3 

+ Affected by Continuity and Focus

+ Increases the Sentinel's Weapon DMG + Heals them instantly + Drops an energy orb from each pet affected.

+ Revives dead pets - Doesn't affect dead pets 

Devour [Cost: 75 Energy] - The dragon heads on his shoulders sprout out and you target an enemy to consume. It will drain them of their health while filing your own. I don't know how much it should drain and the technical data on this so people can make this up for me.

+ Affected by Continuity and Reach 

+ Great for single high leveled targets because they won't be able to fight back during draining process.

- Not good for crowd situations

Tempest Breath [Cost: 100 Energy] - The signature dragon breath, but pumped up in badassery by adding the 2 additional dragon heads (Reference to "The Darkness II") breathing too. Fires 3 continuous beams of energy that can be aimed and concentrate by using right click. Note, I'm not sure what elemental types to use for the beams being fired or how they change.

+ Affected by Focus and Reach

+ Deals high amounts of damage that deals AoE at where ever it hits (Kind of like the Ignis).

+ Has a chance to stagger enemies.

+ Ability can switch on an off by pressing again. 

+ Aim the beam like a gun and can concentrate the spread by holding right click, but slows the aiming.

- Can't use melee or weapons during power usage

- Can only use when you have 100 energy or more and also drains energy rapidly (Like new Soundquake)

Thumbs up for awesome "Kubrow sketch." 

Thumbs up for The Darkness II

Thumbs up for dragons

Sponsored By 

nSnpVHn.jpg

Courtesy to RedSkittles 

http://redskittlez-da.deviantart.com/ 

HECK YES!!!!

Wow i think I've seen this somewhere before, OH THAT'S RIGHT! This is almost a complete art similarity of the Typhus concept!

Did you happen to take inspiration from it?

EDIT:

Did you ask to use Red's artwork on your post? You know between artist and such you always ask permission to use their artwork to promote your own?

I saw the Typhus, but couldn't get inspiration from it being an infested frame. I did quote RedSkittles in the spoiler at the bottom as well as Endrian for his dragon frame concept in the beginning.

Look man, listen.

To take inspiration from anothers work is one thing, I do too.

But you OBVIOUSLY copied both Typhus art and abilitys.

You need to come clean about this, asap.

If you wish to develop this further, go ahead but do so in the spririt of cooperation and fun.

I saw the Typhus, but couldn't get inspiration from it being an infested frame.

I don't know by that, I kind of would say that you were slightly inspired by parts of Typhus. It's nice to see that but you say that you didn't take any inspiration from Typhus because he is a "Infested" Warframe even though he is Viral. Back to my point, to me it looks like the feet, battle skirt and pose are way too similar to Typhus. Also one of the abilities "Devour" seems similar to Typhus' own type of Devour.

wip_by_redskittlez_da-d75st6p.jpg

I put the two pictures together and to me it doesn't look like coincidence that they seem the same, don't get me wrong I'm not bashing on your work or saying you're a terrible person but if you did take inspiration from concepts just say it and people won't mind.

Also, with the Tenno Spice picture it's nice that people like it but can you ask permission before you use on your thread? Thank you.

Edited by RedSkittlez

I don't know by that, I kind of would say that you were slightly inspired by parts of Typhus. It's nice to see that but you say that you didn't take any inspiration from Typhus because he is a "Infested" Warframe even though he is Viral. Back to my point, to me it looks like the feet, battle skirt and pose are way too similar to Typhus. Also one of the abilities "Devour" seems similar to Typhus' own type of Devour.wip_by_redskittlez_da-d75st6p.jpg

I put the two pictures together and to me it doesn't look like coincidence that they seem the same, don't get me wrong I'm not bashing on your work or saying you're a terrible person but if you did take inspiration from concepts just say it and people won't mind.

Also, with the Tenno Spice picture it's nice that people like it but can you ask permission before you use on your thread? Thank you.

I appreciate the feedback, I did look at your thread on Typhus, but I didn't mean to copy your ideas. Our abilities are similar but I picked the name out of randomness and that it sounded good. I created the pose and artwork all through Mangastudio with their custom models and I mostly looked looked at Endrian's Dragon Concept for ideas. For the Tenno Spice, I apologize for using the picture without permission, I can delete it if you want. I will update my designs accordingly later on, sorry for the confusion. Edited by kingfirejet

I appreciate the feedback, I did look at your thread on Typhus, but I didn't mean to copy your ideas. Our abilities are similar but I picked the name out of randomness and that it sounded good. I created the pose and artwork all through Mangastudio with their custom models and I mostly looked looked at Endrian's Dragon Concept for ideas. For the Tenno Spice, I apologize for using the picture without permission, I can delete it if you want. I will update my designs accordingly later on, sorry for the confusion.

Putting posework and a few other things aside this is dangerously close to Typhis. I understand as an artist you can draw inspiration from another's work but you wanna try and hide or detail out everything that would make it close to the old work, or what ever you took inspiration from whether its true or not. I understand that you most likely looked mostly at the Dragon concept. But the art is suggesting both Dragon and Typhis. However the ability is another dangerously close concept but then nothings original but it reads very close Typhus' devour. So I would elaborate more on how it works. Though also I would suggest, you detail the shoulder heads to look a little more like heads of dragons cause I'm looking at it and cannot see them. Thats me though.

Edited by AmatsuNoir

Putting posework and a few other things aside this is dangerously close to Typhis. I understand as an artist you can draw inspiration from another's work but you wanna try and hide or detail out everything that would make it close to the old work. I understand that you most likely looked mostly at the Dragon concept. But the art is suggesting both dragon and Typhis. However the ability is another dangerously close concept but then nothings original but it reads very close Typhus' devour. So I would elaborate more on how it works. Though also I would suggest, you detail the shoulder heads to look a little more like heads of dragons cause I'm looking at it and cannot see them. Thats me though.

I plan to do painting later on, thanks for the feedback and caution. :)