Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

- Updated 6/24/14* Falkor, Dragon Warframe Concept [With Artwork/abilities]

kingfirejet

- Let me note that this is all MY artwork and I've gathered all references from the internet. I also know that I'm not the only one with this idea (Endrian's Concept).

"During the old war, the Orokin used the original Prime Warframes for combat against the opposing factions, but when their numbers dwindled, they decided to create an elite force of Warframes that were strong as entire armies. The Dragon Warframes were few in number, but had the highest survival rate and strength to go toe to toe with all enemy factions."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Idea Focus

+ Tank Based with average mobility: Dragons are naturally tanky, I didn't want a female appearance as much as I don't want a female Rhino. I didn't go for high mobility even though he's a dragon because Zephyr is the aerial frame and she would seem weak if we had a flying tank through the sky. He will have high health levels with fairly high armor, but average to low shields.

+ Balanced set of abilities, more aggro than support though: I gave him a set of abilities which I think make him balanced, but that's up to many opinions. I'd take more ideas for abilities, but I don't want him to be overpowered, just a fun frame to use (I'm anti Molecular Prime and Rhino Stomp spam). 

+ DRAGONS @(&*@#$#!

rtyzk9u.jpg

Shaded Version

sHhBXoB.jpg

Abilties Display

WjVlk1M.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Draco Slam [Cost: 25 Energy] - Target near an enemy then his wings boosts him into an aerial pounce onto the targeted area doing small AoE damage and does knockback ( Basically Sonic Boom+Super Jump+Slash Dash).

+ Focus and Reach Affected - After the ground slam, 2 seconds to get up from attack

Evolve [Cost: 50 Energy] - Emits a menacing roar (scarier and more bada** than Rhino's) that affects all pets (Kubrow too for Update 14+). I thought this ability is unique and gives love for our pets that risk their 9 lives for us every mission <3 

+ Affected by Continuity and Focus

+ Increases the Sentinel's Weapon DMG + Heals them instantly + Drops an energy orb from each pet affected.

+ Revives dead pets - Doesn't affect dead pets 

Devour [Cost: 75 Energy] - The dragon heads on his shoulders sprout out and you target an enemy to consume. It will drain them of their health while filing your own. I don't know how much it should drain and the technical data on this so people can make this up for me.

+ Affected by Continuity and Reach 

+ Great for single high leveled targets because they won't be able to fight back during draining process.

- Not good for crowd situations

Tempest Breath [Cost: 100 Energy] - The signature dragon breath, but pumped up in badassery by adding the 2 additional dragon heads (Reference to "The Darkness II") breathing too. Fires 3 continuous beams of energy that can be aimed and concentrate by using right click. Note, I'm not sure what elemental types to use for the beams being fired or how they change.

+ Affected by Focus and Reach

+ Deals high amounts of damage that deals AoE at where ever it hits (Kind of like the Ignis).

+ Has a chance to stagger enemies.

+ Ability can switch on an off by pressing again. 

+ Aim the beam like a gun and can concentrate the spread by holding right click, but slows the aiming.

- Can't use melee or weapons during power usage

- Can only use when you have 100 energy or more and also drains energy rapidly (Like new Soundquake)

Thumbs up for awesome "Kubrow sketch." 

Thumbs up for The Darkness II

Thumbs up for dragons

Sponsored By 

nSnpVHn.jpg

Courtesy to RedSkittles 

http://redskittlez-da.deviantart.com/ 

O____O

Wow. Sounds awesome.

DE pls.

Oh, I like this concept more then others I have seen.

OMG F#CK YES GIMME DRAGON FRAME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Hate to say this but somebody beat you to it.

Wow i think I've seen this somewhere before, OH THAT'S RIGHT! This is almost a complete art similarity of the Typhus concept!

Did you happen to take inspiration from it?

EDIT:

Did you ask to use Red's artwork on your post? You know between artist and such you always ask permission to use their artwork to promote your own?

I saw the Typhus, but couldn't get inspiration from it being an infested frame. I did quote RedSkittles in the spoiler at the bottom as well as Endrian for his dragon frame concept in the beginning.

Look man, listen.

To take inspiration from anothers work is one thing, I do too.

But you OBVIOUSLY copied both Typhus art and abilitys.

You need to come clean about this, asap.

If you wish to develop this further, go ahead but do so in the spririt of cooperation and fun.

I don't know by that, I kind of would say that you were slightly inspired by parts of Typhus. It's nice to see that but you say that you didn't take any inspiration from Typhus because he is a "Infested" Warframe even though he is Viral. Back to my point, to me it looks like the feet, battle skirt and pose are way too similar to Typhus. Also one of the abilities "Devour" seems similar to Typhus' own type of Devour.

wip_by_redskittlez_da-d75st6p.jpg
I put the two pictures together and to me it doesn't look like coincidence that they seem the same, don't get me wrong I'm not bashing on your work or saying you're a terrible person but if you did take inspiration from concepts just say it and people won't mind.

Also, with the Tenno Spice picture it's nice that people like it but can you ask permission before you use on your thread? Thank you.

Putting posework and a few other things aside this is dangerously close to Typhis. I understand as an artist you can draw inspiration from another's work but you wanna try and hide or detail out everything that would make it close to the old work, or what ever you took inspiration from whether its true or not. I understand that you most likely looked mostly at the Dragon concept. But the art is suggesting both Dragon and Typhis. However the ability is another dangerously close concept but then nothings original but it reads very close Typhus' devour. So I would elaborate more on how it works. Though also I would suggest, you detail the shoulder heads to look a little more like heads of dragons cause I'm looking at it and cannot see them. Thats me though.

Here follow this link:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37089-a-warframe-concept-the-dragon-20-%E2%80%94-updated-5182014/

It was created last year WITH the same name you have........ The design is also pretty epic too.

Here follow this link:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37089-a-warframe-concept-the-dragon-20-%E2%80%94-updated-5182014/

It was created last year WITH the same name you have........ The design is also pretty epic too.

Yeah, I got inspiration from Endrian's concept as well. So far it seems there's only 2 concepts including mine about it. I love his work 8)

"We want dragons!"

"We."

Please, speak for yourself.

But he speaks for Us!

I think you should change 1 of the abilities to 1 that removes ALL armour and little drakes come alive and crawl off you and try to attack the enemy (Just a suggestion)

That would be... interesting, wouldn't it? Honestly, I thought about it too...

Edited by Drejzer

Wow, all I seen lately as warframe suggestions are all darkness, viral and mythological dark supernatural creatures most among them, dragons... You sir has just *solve* that problem, MIX THEM ALL and you have the best warframe of all, Dark Viral Vampire Lycan Dragon !! DE PLEASE ME WANT THIS COMBINATION!!!!! XD

Edited by 0zryel

dragons could be a possible tenno pet...lol like a miniature dragon.

That be cool!

Im sure DE will take the best of these Ideas and mix them up to gives us an awesome Dark Dragonic supernatural Bio weapon of a Warframe! XD

anything can fit as long as its implemented correctly, sadly this and endrians are just too much like that of all the other warframes. A couple of movesets are/will be along the lines of a new ending animation from a previous move. Granted they do that already with some abilities now, but adding a third variation would just, in my opinion, be too cliché. Warframe is one of those games that's expanding exponentially but its lacking a true background to get a grasp on such cool things. Yeah new content would be nice but at the same time wouldn't getting some lore be just as nice as a new tileset?

that was a lil offtopic but my .02 is just this, he seems like an over zealous Rhino with lackluster abilities. Yeah they would fit it but its just very lackluster in the implementation of it. Also stated was the fact he does look similar to another warframe and an original conceptual design in the forums. That's just my opinion.

I see some inspiration in Endrian's Dragon with those wings.

It looks nice.

And that polearm is also nice.

I think that I use the word "nice" a bit too much

The more, the merrier.

It needed wings,but I didn't want to make the wings permanent or it would interfere with syndana's and such.

lol I tried to make it look like Ether Wings. Go to my other thread for explanations.

Hue a darker shade of purple would work.

Btw if the color of wings represents energy why does he have yellow energy on his helmet?

Looks like Typhus has a cousin

Edited by izzatuw

Hue a darker shade of purple would work.

Btw if the color of wings represents energy why does he have yellow energy on his helmet?

Looks like Typhus has a cousin

Thanks for the feedback, I'm also thinking of making the wings larger.