Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity's Blessing Issues & Improvements

AntLion

Admitting that something is overpowered isn't asking for it to be nerfed to trash tier.

Blessing is a joke now.

Run an energy battery build, or switch to something that sucks less. Until Blessing is fixed it's a waste of energy and slot that could be filled with a Volt or something.

Shes effectively one of the best tanks in the game with bonus battery and heals

well... how about having power strength mods boost the DR %? capped at 100%, obviously, but it would make the juggling game of trying to max the protection without letting a low health player go down easier to judge

Capped at 100 we might as well not change a thing

Energy battery trinity can easily sustain that

because depending on how you want to calculate the boost, you still need to have an ally at 20-30% health before you get the invulnerability with a maxed intensity , and if you want to enhance that with blind rage, your eating into your efficiency rating. You get a dash of invulnerability for tight spots, without having to wait for an ally to be at deaths door, but without it being spammable to just waltz through the entire mission

Why would i take that personally? Disagree =/= i dont like hearing her called underpowered

Its called an opinion

Ok, I got your opinion. This thread is about Blessing issues and possible improvements and if you agree this ability could be improved, I think there is no sense to argue how we call it.

If you learn to heal efficiently with long duration you can make amazing use of blessing

Im not sure what people are thinking saying that DR is bad or not useful or underpowered

Ive seriously been using trinity way too well or something because that DR has been so good to me in the new missions

You can't heal efficiently with long duration build until Blessing will be recastable.

Well, I can repeat one more time. But, seriously, I thought my first comment already explains situation clear...

DR is not bad but the way how Blessing works now makes it's not reliable enough. If you cast Blessing with long duration too early (or too late when teammate starts bleeding) your team won't get decent DR (or won't get any DR) and you can't heal them until timer is over. Since DR is based only on amount of health restored Trinity has too little time to react due to many reasons as lags, many enemies around, low health pool of teammates or just because group of high level enemies can take away any amount of health almost instantly (look at weekend event missions, for example, where enemies deal increased damage).

Short duration Blessing allows you to heal effectively but DR makes no sense in this case. It's not good as well 'cause DR could be very useful in late game. Without DR Trinity is doomed there to spam Blessing all the time like poor Nekros and his Desecrate.

I'm really glad if you have no problem with Trinity at all but it won't help to make Blessing more reliable and comfortable to use for the rest.

I've started kicking Trinity from groups when people try to roll her.

Useless frame is useless.

Well, it's too much. Trinity is still useful. She can heal by spamming short duration Blessing and make you not care about energy with her 2nd skill.

But I can agree that she can't use all her Blessing potential now and other frames with CC-abilities (that help you to avoid most of damage from enemies) can protect the team more effectively than Trinity does that with Blessing atm.

pretty much all i can say is, you have yourself to blame, reading to first few paragraphs it looks like you were one of the people that complained about it being too OP now its UP, instead of this community saying Cyrille has an ability that is too OP needs nerf, they should say well what if leaders had dispel like the stalker, that would of countered the blessing spam, or some other counters, but no everyone cried nerf.

trinity was fine with the way her blessing worked, all that needed to be done was reduce the effect time and add a 50% cool down based on the users duration, but everone that hates trinity wanted it reworked, now even they say its underpowered, theres just no winning for the devs with this community that wants nerfs but not new ideas for enemies to counter the effects.

I never complained about things that some people call OP 'cause we need such things in current ingame "balance". I always think DE should rework enemy's stats and abilities at first, improve their AI and only then start to review our weapons and frames.

Also I don't like that DE make so long pauses between reworking phases. For example, the last time they changed Trinity it was August 2013; It took 10 months for them to review Nova's MPrime; Valkyr's Hysteria rework is still in process. Such delays just make people annoying 'cause we need to change the way we got used to play this frame, spend our time changing builds...

When DE opened thread about Trinity's changes many people (including me) noticed possible issues with new Blessing. Fortunately devs listened and made some fixes but the game shows it's not enough. So I hope we'll see further improvements.

Edited by AntLion

because depending on how you want to calculate the boost, you still need to have an ally at 20-30% health before you get the invulnerability with a maxed intensity , and if you want to enhance that with blind rage, your eating into your efficiency rating. You get a dash of invulnerability for tight spots, without having to wait for an ally to be at deaths door, but without it being spammable to just waltz through the entire mission

With max blind rage her battery charger gets really broken

Ok, I got your opinion. This thread is about Blessing issues and possible improvements and if you agree this ability could be improved, I think there is no sense to argue how we call it.

You can't heal efficiently with long duration build until Blessing will be recastable.

Well, I can repeat one more time. But, seriously, I thought my first comment already explains situation clear...

DR is not bad but the way how Blessing works now makes it's not reliable enough. If you cast Blessing with long duration too early (or too late when teammate starts bleeding) your team won't get decent DR (or won't get any DR) and you can't heal them until timer is over. Since DR is based only on amount of health restored Trinity has too little time to react due to many reasons as lags, many enemies around, low health pool of teammates or just because group of high level enemies can take away any amount of health almost instantly (look at weekend event missions, for example, where enemies deal increased damage).

Short duration Blessing allows you to heal effectively but DR makes no sense in this case.

I'm really glad if you have no problem with Trinity at all but it won't help to make Blessing more reliable and comfortable to use for the rest.

Alot of players agree shes fine ._.

She could use improvements but isnt bad off atm

Thats all ive been saying

People like to be way too dramatic sometimes >that guy who kicks trinities from groups

$&*^ move

There hasn't been a thing yet since I started playing that has really drawn me to the forums yet.

As far as I can tell the only problem blessing has currently is as far as I know is that rank 0 is better then rank 3 as far as healing goes due to the timer problem.  If this ability was adjusted so it could be recast, I don't see Trinity having any further problems then...  Yes people need to be playing smarter and not being where they shouldn't be, but I would rather be able to make the decision to hit them with a heal rather then have the option denied.

AntLion has collected a nice set of ideas, though I still consider the timer the primary concern.

There hasn't been a thing yet since I started playing that has really drawn me to the forums yet.

As far as I can tell the only problem blessing has currently is as far as I know is that rank 0 is better then rank 3 as far as healing goes due to the timer problem.  If this ability was adjusted so it could be recast, I don't see Trinity having any further problems then...  Yes people need to be playing smarter and not being where they shouldn't be, but I would rather be able to make the decision to hit them with a heal rather then have the option denied.

AntLion has collected a nice set of ideas, though I still consider the timer the primary concern.

Max duration is just as good as min but plays differently

A change would be nice but people saying max duration is bad really just arent doing it right imo

Max duration is just as good as min but plays differently

A change would be nice but people saying max duration is bad really just arent doing it right imo

My problem is the times I heal prior to someone being revieved in a hostile area, I now am stuck with a cooldown where I cannot heal the player who just got back up while the reviver is taking damage also...  This is where rank 0 Blessing comes into play but the idea of using a rank 0 power over a 3 I find silly.

Yes duration max and min play differently but the power is still broken unless this was the intent.

Edited by Arakendo

My problem is the times I heal prior to someone being revieved in a hostile area, I now am stuck with a cooldown where I cannot heal the player who just got back up while the reviver is taking damage also...  This is where rank 0 Blessing comes into play but the idea of using a rank 0 power over a 3 I find silly.

Yes duration max and min play differently but the power is still broken unless this was the intent.

In that case i wait for a relatively high DR

Sometimes people die but thats ok because youre a trinity and dont die very easily with so much as link alone

I agree with most of the OP points.

Taking health AND shields into account is a must, to heal all type of players.

Blessing needs to be "recasteable", so we are 3 people and i cast blessing yeah they get a damage reduction but what happens if the 4 member needs a quick heal? i have to wait til the cooldown is off? it breaks the purpose of trinity.