Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Rewards (Suggestion)

DietEbolaCola

A bump because I received some positive feedback from the wiki post for this that made my day..

"if this gets implemented you deserved a super goodie from DE. One of the best ideas with plausible implementation I've seen in more than a year of WF.
Like you said, all those goodies aint a huge ammount of stuff when compared to what you need during the gameplay but they sure add a flavour to ranking stuff up and more importantly. gives mastery rank something else other than bragging rights.

Hope to see this in game soon."

Thank you, anonymous Warframe wiki user. <3 <3

Wiki post @ http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:478167 (OP updated with link)

Edited by DietEbolaCola

First of, thanks for a wonderful idea!

They should take an exqample from the games that excell on selling/distributing of the cosmetics rather than balance changing items such as DOTA from Valve - there are thousands of items that you can customize our character w/o any threat to balance.

But let me be more into the topic.

I'd like to add some ideas for your consideration:

1. For those thiking giving the Forma BP or Weapon/Frame slot or even Legendary Core ruins the balance and offends those who invested their money into this game I can suggest some other rewards that does not touch balance:

a. Idle animations

b. Color palettes and custom FX such as raibow stream for continious weponry

c. Syandanas, armour pieces, attachments that approves your mastery

d. Customizable badge that you can have something written on(up to several letters like 10 or so)

e. Taunts

f. Other cosmetics such as unique helmets, footwear, belts, pendants, sentinel and misc items.

2. I rather insist that rewards should not include cash, mods, platinum, buyable/sellable items etc. Instead it should be something unique that you can't trade and at the same time obtainable exclusively via mastery leveling up.

3. It's discussable that every X mastery level players acquire bonus warframe/weapon slot - it should not be often though. Optimal is every 4 mastery or so.

4. Every mastery has to have a unique set of gifts and should not be repeated. E.G. Mastery 1 : Novice badge + basic color palette(the colors avail. now by default), /Level 2: Novice syandana / Level 3: Initiate armor set ...Of course not necesarily as I described, but the whole idea should be like this.

5. Let us leave Catalysts/Reactors/Forma for the rest of a game. Those should be earned by the other aspects of a game.

And as a conclusion I think the DE should pay more attention for making visuals for the items existing already - this will bring them more profit than making new weapons and frames and concentrate more on balance.

So I was going through my in-game inbox and found 8 attachments from the Lotus for the Tethra's Doom event, and it contains 8 attachments. My Cicero one had 6 attached items..

When I put the Rewards List together, I played it rather conservatively, and I was under the mistaken assumption that it could only do like 1 or 2 items before requiring multiple messages. I figured more items per Mastery Rank completion would get spammy, but that is not the case. Whoops.

I may need some time to think things through and revise it as Rewards List 2.0 or something, especially rewards past MR15 or so.

I am still digesting some of the ideas shared in this thread as well. Thanks for all the great feedback. Keep it coming.

So I was going through my in-game inbox and found 8 attachments from the Lotus for the Tethra's Doom event, and it contains 8 attachments. My Cicero one had 6 attached items..

When I put the Rewards List together, I played it rather conservatively, and I was under the mistaken assumption that it could only do like 1 or 2 items before requiring multiple messages. I figured more items per Mastery Rank completion would get spammy, but that is not the case. Whoops.

I may need some time to think things through and revise it as Rewards List 2.0 or something, especially rewards past MR15 or so.

I am still digesting some of the ideas shared in this thread as well. Thanks for all the great feedback. Keep it coming.

This concept is great (and it's a really positive thread) pls keep it coming.

Also, please remember to take into consideration that max MR is currently 16(?) and at DE's current rate of content creation, will probably be capped at less than MR20 for a couple of years.

That, and that each rank after 10 or so really takes weeks/months and should have commensurate, visible, meaningful rewards.

Thanks and kudos!

Again, it is a small price to pay to incentivize player retention. Retained players tend to buy more plat than ones that quit playing after a few days. It takes money to make money. DE would spend some in the short term to recoup it tenfold later on in the long run.

Retained players even ones that don't pay anything do an invaluable service. They keep the game thriving and vibrant. They fill up clans, they'll fodder up the new DS conflicts, they make filling out the star chart easier instead of just going full on duration stealth loki, and then praying someone wants to do some random survival for 5 minutes in Uranus. Because given enough time as you said they eventually do convert into a sale. And, the spenders who spend a little, or way too much keep spending.

That's worth a hell of a lot more than just trying to wring another 50 bucks out of a 'whale'.

In my line of work, as a salesman who supplies businesses with products to sell, the most successful ones are the ones who utilize the loss leaders, sell cheaper generate more turns, which results in larger 'basket sizes' that make more money, and demand more product, and in turn buy cheaper because they gave us low retails, and buy more.

Versus the buisnesses who do not purchase and sell loss leaders, refuse to sell at lower retails, deny any incentives and deals, and thus pay more for products, and hardly convert any of our service. And frankly are a complete waste of time.

I doubt that's any different that the f2p model. Supply a great game, with good service and incentives to stay longer, to either convert them to a sale, or provide a service to the players who do pay their hard earned dollars by making the game more vibrant.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

I am monitoring rewards given through the Suspicious Shipments alerts before expanding this proposal. So far no one is complaining about how those are breaking the game or making DE bankrupt.

First 24 Hours: 150k Credits, Argon Crystal, 10x R5 Fusion Cores, 4x Orokin Cells, 175k Credits, Orokin Reactor, Cosmic Specter, 300 Oxium, Forma, Forma Blueprint

Second 24 Hours: Orokin Reactor Blueprint, Orokin Catalyst Blueprint, 200k Credits, Orokin Catalyst, 10x R5 Fusion Cores, 4x Orokin Cells, Orokin Reactor Blueprint, Cosmic Specter, 175k Credits, Orokin Reactor

Edited by DietEbolaCola

eh, I like it, but I'm not really sure about some things... for instance, the Diciple/Hunter/Master/Grandmaster badges were awarded ONLY to those who purchased the corresponding Founder rank. giving them away for free just for investing hours sorta cheapens the deal. It'd be like Excal Prime (The Founder Exclusive Frame, which is what we were told it'd stay when it was released) suddenly dropping in the Void, and that's un-cool. so the rank badges for those would have to be eaither removed or changed.

another thing i'm not so great on is the Weapon/Warframe slots persisting so far into the rankings. I'm just MR 11 and I have 19 WF slots (19 frames available, not counting Primes) so what would I do with the inevitable extra slots? fill them with the non-prime varients? thy'd never get used after getting them to 30 due to having the Prime version which is statistically better (Rhino Prime, Excal Prime) or pretty much pre-forma'd as all the Prime frames have an additional polarity slot. i know more frames are going to be released, but i'm sure I still have a point there. and at MR30, chances are you'll have maxed about every weapon available already. so what're you going to do with more weapon slots? I'm sure at that point you'll have as many weapon slots as you want. an extra slot would just not be really useful/wanted at that point.

again, I like the idea. but it needs some tweaking

eh, I like it, but I'm not really sure about some things... for instance, the Diciple/Hunter/Master/Grandmaster badges were awarded ONLY to those who purchased the corresponding Founder rank. giving them away for free just for investing hours sorta cheapens the deal. It'd be like Excal Prime (The Founder Exclusive Frame, which is what we were told it'd stay when it was released) suddenly dropping in the Void, and that's un-cool. so the rank badges for those would have to be eaither removed or changed.

another thing i'm not so great on is the Weapon/Warframe slots persisting so far into the rankings. I'm just MR 11 and I have 19 WF slots (19 frames available, not counting Primes) so what would I do with the inevitable extra slots? fill them with the non-prime varients? thy'd never get used after getting them to 30 due to having the Prime version which is statistically better (Rhino Prime, Excal Prime) or pretty much pre-forma'd as all the Prime frames have an additional polarity slot. i know more frames are going to be released, but i'm sure I still have a point there. and at MR30, chances are you'll have maxed about every weapon available already. so what're you going to do with more weapon slots? I'm sure at that point you'll have as many weapon slots as you want. an extra slot would just not be really useful/wanted at that point.

again, I like the idea. but it needs some tweaking

There's nothing in this thread about Founders gear or exclusive items showing up in the Void or in the Mastery Rank Rewards.

Yes, it needs tweaking, but as there are 30 possible Mastery Ranks in the game data, I figured they should all be included. Someone calculated it would take 5-10 years at current rate to reach MR30 in another thread. This is about thinking both short-term and long-term.

The slots in the reward list help to incentivize players to rank up to gain them without cutting into DE platinum sales. DE is pretty good about continually releasing more so that I continually want more slots to house them all. I'm rank 12 and I have 28 Warframe Slots and 105-ish Weapon Slots, and yet, I could always use more.

Hell, I even have a few friends that keep 2 of each Warframe on hand so that they can optimize polarity builds with each. At the moment, that takes 46 Warframe slots right there alone (not including Excal Prime if they have him).

As far as the badges go, certain Mastery Ranks share the same names as the Founders Tiers, but they have separate art assets & meanings. This is why I appended "Tenno" to the Mastery Rank Badge names. "Grand Master Mastery" sounded redundant.

See also the Challenges in your in game Profile to view them.

For Example:

"Grand Master" Mastery Rank 30 Image:

Grand-master.jpg

"Grand Master" Founders Badge:

50px-GrandMasterBadge.png

Sources: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank and http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Founders

Edited by DietEbolaCola

Saving these here to incorporate into possible proposal revisions & expansions.

RjbpowN.jpg

Sem_t_tulo_1.jpg

Now I don't feel so bad about some of the items on the Rewards List people were concerned about balance issues with.

Edited by DietEbolaCola

• 1 month later...
I have not forgotten about fleshing out and updating this concept. I am working on organizing and developing my dozens of others as well. 

In addition to aligning it with prior event rewards and suspicious shipments rewards meta, plus your excellent user feedback, I also need to account for referral rewards, too.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by DietEbolaCola

DE?

Give rewards?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

IT WILL RUIN THE BALANCE OF MOOLAH!

p.s. I think DE wouldn't agree with this.

While it is a good concept to make a game based on ingame cosmetics(gw2, for example), DE uses it to make moolah.

I highly doubt giving away free cosmetics is acceptable to 'DE'.

it will be awesome to have the items

but if you disagree then would you agree if these were to occur on higher overall/mastery rank like 15

Saving these here to incorporate into possible proposal revisions & expansions.

RjbpowN.jpg

Sem_t_tulo_1.jpg

Now I don't feel so bad about some of the items on the Rewards List people were concerned about balance issues with.

but someone related to me got this and they got 30 free platinum but 75% discount

it will be awesome to have the items

but if you disagree then would you agree if these were to occur on higher overall/mastery rank like 15

Talk about a dead bump.

The answer is yes, though your question is already wrong.

Unless DE drops their goal of squeezing out every bit of moolah they can without looking too much like p2w, I don't think this is happening.

I am not disagreeing, I am saying it's not a likely thing to be considered given DE's current stand on cosmetics.

Talk about a dead bump.

The answer is yes, though your question is already wrong.

Unless DE drops their goal of squeezing out every bit of moolah they can without looking too much like p2w, I don't think this is happening.

I am not disagreeing, I am saying it's not a likely thing to be considered given DE's current stand on cosmetics.

You mean their current stance on getting them free through alerts and events?

I'd rather bump threads after I overhaul the OP than create new threads with the overhaul info linked back to the old post since I have no control on locking my own threads to prevent those from getting the older meta bumped instead of the newer meta. Is there a better method?

Edited by DietEbolaCola

You mean their current stance on getting them free through alerts and events?

I'd rather bump threads after I overhaul the OP than create new threads with the overhaul info linked back to the old post since I have no control on locking my own threads to prevent those from getting the older meta bumped instead of the newer meta. Is there a better method?

Leave ideas to die and let DE do as they always do, I say.

Leave ideas to die and let DE do as they always do, I say.

That's not why I bought Founders to participate in the evolution of Warframe. Sorry. Love you Scoots, but I wouldn't be playing Warframe if I didn't feel I could contribute. 

Thanks for the feedback. *hugz*

PS. Since you disagree with this proposal I hope you have Unfollowed it so you don't get those pesky notifications with responses as I continue to flesh it out. I'll abandon it only if DE puts something else in place that covers what this is meant to accomplish.

Edited by DietEbolaCola

Cool idea +1...I think if they did this I would actually be motivated to rank up some more...I consider my self a veteran even though I'm only rank 8. Rank 8 unlocks everything in the game so far, so there is really no need to rank up anymore...of course I will rank up anyway when I get plat for more slots...but this would give me a reason to strive for the highest mastery rank possible. Good work! Keep it up and maybe DE will finally notice you and your great ideas that you've had on the forums :)

• 4 weeks later...