The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

.. You All Realize It's Not The Amount Of Lore That Matters, Right?

The fact that they call the Tenno betrayers (ties in with Stalker's entry) and how they have a religious vision of gaining profit and salvaging technology, with the Orokin technology being the highest in their list due to how advanced they are, show how they almost see the Orokin as the peak of their religion. So I'll disagree with what you said.

I think they call Tenno betrayers because we destroyed what remained of the Orokin empire.  We can only assume why.    Perhaps the corpus remember somewhat, the story being passed down through their ancestors...

And it's easy to see why Orotech would turn the highest profit, and thus be the most sacred to the Corpus; it's simply more powerful and people will pay more.  If they discovered sentients artifacts, they'd sell those too, and then suddenly like the sentients more.

But, in the same vein, it would be cool to see that dynamic of greed and solemnity that the Corpus would display towards Orokin tech were they ever to cultivate your point of view.

Hell, it could even vary on corpus to corpus.  It may be a giant organized religion, but as we've seen with Darvo and Frohd, hell even Alad, it has many factions and families within it that fight each other as well. 

Edited by Gaminus

I would assume that the corpus indoctrinate people in the same way as old churches or military academies would indoctrinate people.

I feel this is not the case, as the Corpus have so much technology, they could utilise that to indoctrinate people for efficiency (lower costs = more credits saved), bypassing the need for churches/militaries to indoctrinate people. 

What I learned is that the leather or latex materials that we think the warframes are comprised of, is actually metallic.

It's because it's made of technocyte.  Living Metal, same stuff that covers Hayden's arm, same stuff his Warframe is made out of.

I feel this is not the case, as the Corpus have so much technology, they could utilise that to indoctrinate people for efficiency (lower costs = more credits saved), bypassing the need for churches/militaries to indoctrinate people. 

These temples could also be schools, living quarters, maybe even cities.  We simply don't know.  There's a bit of lore that would be useful.

I'd personally love a corpus city tileset to run around in.  So cyberpunk.  And it would be good for establishing how people live in corpus controlled sectors.

Percussion rifle=Modern day design firearm. Uses gunpowder and projectiles.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percussion_rifle

I suppose you'd know your own codex entry.

But yeah, that's what I meant.  Bullets are propelled via shockwaves. 

As we've seen, the Orokin prefer lasers or plasma.  And hell, that stuff is probably just low grade.  We can only imagine. 

These temples could also be schools, living quarters, maybe even cities.  We simply don't know.  There's a bit of lore that would be useful.

I'd personally love a corpus city tileset to run around in.  So cyberpunk.  And it would be good for establishing how people live in corpus controlled sectors.

Speaking of temples, I created a small history for the Corpus in order to re-introduce the Snipetron. Do you want to see it?

Sure. 

Use this link (Last suggestion): https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/236973-some-suggestions-to-make-gameplay-more-engagingrewarding-now-with-snipetron-re-introduction/ 

I am not sure if this is your vision of adding lore, but I gave my best to make the Corpus feel more interesting. 

EDIT: By 'history', I mean 'small snippet to describe part of an important event from the history of the Corpus'. Blame me for my poor choice of words.

Edited by Renegade343

Use this link (Last suggestion): https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/236973-some-suggestions-to-make-gameplay-more-engagingrewarding-now-with-snipetron-re-introduction/ 

I am not sure if this is your vision of adding lore, but I gave my best to make the Corpus feel more interesting. 

EDIT: By 'history', I mean 'small snippet to describe part of an important event from the history of the Corpus'. Blame me for my poor choice of words.

That entire thread is win.

I hope DE add your ideas.

Sorry by the way, I edited my post again with more examples after you've already began replying.

I think they call Tenno betrayers because we destroyed what remained of the Orokin empire.  We can only assume why.    Perhaps the corpus remember somewhat, the story being passed down through their ancestors...

And it's easy to see why Orotech would turn the highest profit, and thus be the most sacred to the Corpus; it's simply more powerful and people will pay more.  If they discovered sentients artifacts, they'd sell those too, and then suddenly like the sentients more.

But, in the same vein, it would be cool to see that dynamic of greed and solemnity that the Corpus would display towards Orokin tech were they ever to cultivate your point of view.

Hell, it could even vary on corpus to corpus.  It may be a giant organized religion, but as we've seen with Darvo and Frohd, hell even Alad, it has many factions and families within it that fight each other as well. 

See? This is the kind of information provided by DE (straight forward information on Corpus) that still allows us to speculates on possibilities. That's the stuff we need more often, even if it's short description like the Dual Ether example I gave, and pretty much all the Dark Souls item/weapon descriptions that have lore in them (the Looking Glass Knight and the other knight who was Vendrick's right hand have quite a sad story too).

Also, they call them Betrayers like a title, which has more impact in a way, tying with the events of the Orokin massacre. To continue on the religious aspect of the Corpus, it's not just about greed: it's about pride. The Corpus see both the Grineer and Tenno as animals and peasants. They think they are the one supreme, and might think they are the ones worthy of Orokin technology (so they try to understand how Warframe works to harnest their powers).

However, from a single line that Darvo said in that short rescue mission with him, "they aren't Betrayers," that alone intrigues me much more lore-wise than the whole journal entry of Mag Prime, since Darvo has potential to reveal more about our past (and possibly the Orokin), as well as our motivation in the massacre.

EDIT: By 'history', I mean 'small snippet to describe part of an important event from the history of the Corpus'.

Exactly.

As we've seen, the Orokin prefer lasers or plasma.  And hell, that stuff is probably just low grade.  We can only imagine. 

They prefer that, maybe, but we've clearly seen otherwise with Prime weapons. It's highly unlikely they were weapons used only by the Tenno (the Braton Prime is described as a "classic Orokin weapon," for example).

Edited by Casardis

In what sense?

You make very good suggestions that would improve the game, and the corpus lore entry is genius.  I suppose you could explain the Braton and Lato too, being old weapons of a renegade corpus' make.  Hell, it could even hint at the Lotus's origins, or what she may have done in the past, either being corpus or instigating corpus rebellion.  Or at least, open rebellion, since we've never actually seen corpus on corpus fighting, and instead politicking and assassinations. 

Sorry by the way, I edited my post again with more examples after you've already began replying.

See? This is the kind of information provided by DE (straight forward information on Corpus) that still allows us to speculates on possibilities. That's the stuff we need more often, even if it's short description like the Dual Ether example I gave, and pretty much all the Dark Souls item/weapon descriptions that have lore in them (the Looking Glass Knight and the other knight who was Vendrick's right hand have quite a sad story too).

Also, they call them Betrayers like a title, which has more impact in a way, tying with the events of the Orokin massacre. To continue on the religious aspect of the Corpus, it's not just about greed: it's about pride. The Corpus see both the Grineer and Tenno as animals and peasants. They think they are the one supreme, and might think they are the ones worthy of Orokin technology (so they try to understand how Warframe works to harnest their powers).

However, from a single line that Darvo said in that short rescue mission with him, he says that "they aren't Betrayers." That line alone intrigues me more lore-wise than the whole journal entry of Mag Prime, since Darvo has potential to reveal more about our past (and possibly the Orokin), as well as our motivation in the massacre.

Exactly.

They prefer that, maybe, but we've clearly seen otherwise with Prime weapons. It's highly unlikely they were weapons used only by the Tenno.

In my opinion, prime weapons were orokin designed weapons that were made for Tenno, or other forces that fought alongside the Orokin/Humans.  Like that solider in the Mag entry...  After all, they said that "gun and blade were the old ways" or something like that.  We had some form of fighting beyond what we know right now. 

Edited by Gaminus

You make very good suggestions that would improve the game, and the corpus lore entry is genius.  I suppose you could explain the Braton and Lato too, being old weapons of a renegade corpus' make.  Hell, it could even hint at the Lotus's origins, or what she may have done in the past, either being corpus or instigating corpus rebellion.  Or at least, open rebellion, since we've never actually seen corpus on corpus fighting, and instead politicking and assassinations. 

I'm not too sure about the Braton and Lato. I always perceive that they are made and used by the Tenno, despite the appearance of the guns and the Vandal versions of it. I'll see what snippet I can conjure up for it. 

But remember, the Sentients were known for turning their own advanced technology against them.

This is where the Tenno come in. They mastered the art of combat with the most primitive weapons of "bade and gun." You can't quite hack a hunk of sharp metal or a firearm.

I'm not too sure about the Braton and Lato. I always perceive that they are made and used by the Tenno, despite the appearance of the guns and the Vandal versions of it. I'll see what snippet I can conjure up for it. 

To come back on how the Corpus salvage techs from the Orokin and reverse-engineer them (laser and shockwave deathorbs --> flux rifle/fusion MOA and Shockwave MOA; Orokin Sentry --> Fusion MOA drone; etc.), it's highly likely that they salvaged techs from the Braton and Lato Prime to make a mass-manufactured, basic weaponry that everyone can use (since they own the market of the system).

To come back on how the Corpus salvage techs from the Orokin and reverse-engineer them (laser and shockwave deathorbs --> flux rifle/fusion MOA and Shockwave MOA; Orokin Sentry --> Fusion MOA drone; etc.), it's highly likely that they salvaged techs from the Braton and Lato Prime to make a mass-manufactured, basic weaponry that everyone can use (since they own the market of the system).

As much as this makes sense, I would prefer if the snippet could be made so that it applies to every player (the Lato Prime is only for Founders, and by placing it into the lore, I fear that there will be confusion/whining about exclusivity). However, thanks for your input, and I may incorporate some of your ideas into my snippets. 

As much as this makes sense, I would prefer if the snippet could be made so that it applies to every player (the Lato Prime is only for Founders, and by placing it into the lore, I fear that there will be confusion/whining about exclusivity). However, thanks for your input, and I may incorporate some of your ideas into my snippets. 

Unfortunately that has to do with DE's decision on exclusivity, not with how the lore is handled. XD

There is no lore

so yes it matters right now XD

Yes there is. Sometimes we, as players, are stretching some information or making too many assumptions, but some of it is there. The problem is how jumbled up it is, and how DE's not revealing lore in the most efficient way (with both information and mystery/enigma), even though they've done it before (Dual Ether's description, Mire's, Excalibur's lore entry, etc).

If they want to follow the Dark Souls path, they need to analyze further how they do it in those games, which uses both straight historical snippets, historical snippets with intentionally left-out information, and straight mystery/enigma, all scattered efficiently so players can make multiple interpretations without stretching too much information and making too many assumptions. Dark Souls also do that effectively by making its storytelling and lore in harmony with gameplay, something Warframe doesn't accomplish right now.

They may be taking a nice path, but they could use a clearer view of their direction.

Edited by Casardis