Enemies Of The Tenno: Corpus Submission Winner And Interview

DE_Adam

You are not the only one who deems it have energy shields than physical plating. While that detail might be more corpus like, it defeats the sole purpose of this unit.

I built the idea of the Riot Moa to physically hold back the Tenno, to create a physical blockade, to prevent advancement. However energy shields, like Volt's Shield for example, enemies and Tenno can pass through it. As you can see its counter efficient for this design. I have a feeling most other users are not reading the behavior or description of the Moa, and misunderstand its a boss unit.

Thank you for your comments nonetheless~

Well, I definitely see the plating and armor idea clearly. I don't like the thought of Volt-like sheilds personally. The plates and heavy armor are fine. But I fail to see how it'd defeat it's purpose. It certainly does sport something corpus usually don't have, armor plating (except for their helmets). But it still has some "just MOA" features, therefore I feel it'd just automatically have energy shields around its body, at least the non-plated areas. The other MOA's are just robots, there's nothing about them that aesthetically tells me they should have energy shields either. MOAs just sorta have energy shields because DE said so. I figured this was the same thing as the rest except it has two physical shields and bulkier armor that it's made of.

Note: After I typed this, I reread where you said "misunderstand its a boss unit". Sometimes people are flip-flop-ish about the use of the word "misunderstand". If you mean that they misunderstand by thinking it's a boss unit, yeah I get you. If you meant that they did not think it was a boss unit, therefore misunderstanding: well that's different story. I can't really see the name "Riot MOA" being highlighted on an Assassination mission, I figured it'd just be another heavy unit like a Fusion MOA or Grineer Bombard for the Grineer. But if it were intended to be a boss, then I understand going with solid metal plating without energy shields a little more than if it were intended to be another heavy unit. Just because it's a boss and bosses can be weird and have as many unique dynamics as DE wants them to have.

Note Note: When I say "heavy unit" talking about Riot MOA, I mean super-heavy unit, like heavier than stuff the Grineer's normally packing or any Fusion MOA.

Edit: And thanks for replying. :P

Edited by Number39