The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are 5 Weapons You Will Keep Forever?

(PSN)xHCG4Lifex

5. Flux Rifle

My hatelaser is a joy to use now, and so useful! The only reason I don't always use it is the relatively short max range.

4. Acrid
This is a great pistol and only its cost and the fact that most players don't know how to make good use of it keeps it from being more common.

3. Dual Cleavers

"Criminally underused" comes to mind for these damned things. Guaranteed stagger+fast attack speed+high critical chance = put berserker on this and let irony run its course.

2. Boltor Prime
A gun that can kill the Stalker in under a second of sustained fire. Really, not much to say here.

1. Gorgon

I put five formas into this (and counting). This is, unequivocally, my favorite weapon, one I return to whenever I need to clear a hallway faster than a flatulent Sargas Ruk.

I'll keep everything exclusive etc, but...

5) Sybaris * (# forma)

Not the most efficient weapon in the world, but its nice to know that when you shoot anything, it's going to die. Needs more forma tho.

4) Detron ****

Single element hand held shotgun? What could go wrong?

3) Synapse *****

Because instantly melting faces never goes out of style.

2) Scoliac

Dat AoE attack in the combo + the coptering is out of this univ.

1) Seer*****

Pocket sniper with decent fire rate when modded... with 100% accuracy and a buck-rodgers ray gun model? YESPLS.

I've held on to my Karak as well as my Aklexes. Probably never will get rid of them as they were the first descent weapons I aquired. I've also managed to squeeze 500 Elemental Damage out of that old karak and close to 1000 on the Aklexes. (I like messing with even low tier / mid tier guns and seeing how much damage they can really do) Another that I will most likely keep is the Soma and after the pain in the behind I went through Boltor Prime is staying idc what happens to it xD.

Edited by XxSeether1992xX

Primaries...

5 - Mk1 Braton. This girl took me through a lot... I even potato'd and forma'd her once, back in Damage 1.0, when she was quite good.

4 - Drakgoon. Only shotgun I've every used that I liked. No falloff, can reach out and punch someone at long range with a full charge, even does pretty lights flying everywhere.

3 - Dera. After reading the wiki entry... Recoilless, perfect accuracy.... Oh man I blitzed to M5 as quickly as I could. Still love her, but she is quite meh at the current moment.

2 - Snidal. I was up till 4AM during that event to help secure these things for everyone, and when the event ended, oh my this sweetheart of a gun was mine and many others' facorites. Still a sweetheart, but desperately looking forward to the sniper buffs so long as they deliver what is needed

1 - Lanka. My queen, once the Finger of God, capable of doing over 1m damage in one shot when set up propperly for it (back before Heavy Cal and when 6.5x was the highest Sonar could go... Before Bane mods, when Kril could be killed during his Ice phase...You know, back when 1m was INSANE)... Alas, she fell when Damage 2.0 came out, and was unjustly ignored when all of the other snipers were buffed to 25x2 from 20x1.5. I pray the sniper buff comes out and returns her to her throne. Her recoronation will be a joyous occasion.

Secondaries

4 - Lex. My first taste of a weapon that told enemies to "F*** off", this thing was *amazing* when I got her. Way better than that Lato... so much so that I didn't even finish ranking my Lato at that time.

3 - Twin Vipers. When I got these, they quickly rose to my most-used weapon. To the point where they're *still* my "most used" weapon, in spite of them remaining in my armory almost permenantly now. Really wish I had the Wraiths, but that event actually made me ragequit. Hoping at some point they'll make event weapons tradeable and I'll be able to enjoy them.

2 - Dual Cestras. Ever wanted to start a sweet rave party on a Grineer Galleon? Honestly I hated these things until I finally got to equip both Lethal *and* Diffusion at once with Steady Hands on them still. Then they became quite nice.

1 - Twin Gremlins. John Woo Reload Moments, the joy that was using them back in Damage 1.0.... Wish they were a tad stronger than they are now (they're quite weak, unfortunately), but as Damage 2.0 strived to do, all content up to 20 minutes slash 20 waves is quite possible to carry with a potato and some forma on nearly any weapon.

Melee

1 - Orthros Prime. Having a melee weapon that hits nearly as far as the Ignis can is just insane. She still hasn't caught up to my original Orthros in kills, but she's close.

1 - Dual Zorens. Absolutely love them in combat since Melee 2.0 came out- Tiger Stance + Zerker on them is crazy fun. Also, thanks to constant derelict runs, I've gotten really really good at controlling my coptering.... which is funny, because I also recently got good at the slide-flip loop. This has taught me that coptering isn't necessary- but a fun little bonus thing.

I honestly can't decide which of these I like more, so I gave them the same rank =P

Edited by TheBlueJelly

I will never get rid of any Prime, event weapon, or assassin drop.

Not too keen on getting rid of too many more weapons, but if I had to pick my top 5, discounting the above categories:

Karak: First non-starter weapon I ever got, the gun that made me love this game.

Grinlok: My #1 kill gun and all-time favorite.

Akvasto: Ok, might get rid of these if there's ever a Dex Vasto or Akvasto Prime. But they're amazing as they are.

Grakata: Little guy's too much fun. Hakuna Grakata~

Spectra: He'll get buffed eventually. In the meantime, it's an integral piece of my Vauban Isaac Clarke cosplay.

Non-OP weapons?

Boltor (Not Prime, yes, I have it formaed 4 times), Gorgon Wraith, Hek, Kestrel, Akvasto.

OP weapons would be Boltor Prime, Brakk, Angstrum, Orthos Prime, Castanas. (Might swap Gorgon Wraith with Castanas, they aren't that OP, and they're soooo fun... but... heavy machine gun.)

I'd die with all my weapons had I an inevitably grim choice, they've been too good to me. But in truth, what would be able to kill most of us if we could use all our weapons back to back? Most of us would be able to dual wield Brakk's were someone to try and ambush us in the arsenal...

But were I to play along I'd choose the Glaive prime for my melee weapon as It's what I'd consider a true extension of my wit, bringer of joy and awe, and a huge factor in what keeps me.

As for my Secondaries I'll choose two: I'll Start off with the Dual Cestra, as unreasonably flawed as it is, the Cestra series have served me well and I must honor them by paying my due respects. Lastly, it'll have to be a hand cannon and as much as I love them all, it's going to be a predictable choice: Brakk, embodies Strength, Dedication, and helps breaks the trope of shotguns becoming cotton candy boom sticks. Hikou was to be considered but it was merely for nostalgia as my Ice shuriken days of damage 1.0 are over and it served it's time. Detron could've beat out the Brakk but the systematic status chance nerf of shotties severely crippled it and it sadly lost favor.

Finally we have Primaries: it's hard to choose between the Miter and Drakgoon and because I have two choices remaining, I won't. They make every match a challenge while providing me with much entertainment as I use doors for cover, walls for trick shots, and consideration of the charge mechanic to make sure I'm always on my feet and aware of what's going on. Boar prime and Sobek have honorable mentions as they've carried me through heavy times but their spirit lives on in Drakgoon.