The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are 5 Weapons You Will Keep Forever?

(PSN)xHCG4Lifex

I'm not going to count difficult to acquire (stalker, detron...), prime, or event weapons. Those are basically cheating. Of course I won't sell them, they take forever to get or are impossible to get again.

Akmagnus - They're glittery and get a lot of crits. They might not be THE BEST, but I feel like they're plenty effective, which is all the more reason to keep them.

Aklex - I'm not really a fan of guns I can't keep up with. So what if the Akbolto has a crazy high fire rate if my pitiful human meat finger can't make use of it? The aklex makes a great noise and hits hard, all from an unassuming little rectangle.

Kestrel - It doesn't seem to do it anymore, but I loved to ragdoll bosses with this thing. I once launched Vay Hek up into the air and straight down into the pit in the Grineer boss room with this, all at incredible speed because he was hung up on the boomerang.

Dragon Nikana - This one is entirely about the stats. I guess it's cool and all, but how can I say no to something this effective?

Hek - I've really tried to build this into a late-game weapon and I've mostly succeeded. I guess. I don't really even like how it looks. It's just a big, blasty shotgun with a tight cone of fire and a bit more practicality than the tigris. Why is it simultaineously everything I want it to be and nothing I want it to be?

Boltor. That's right, standard Boltor. Because I have it from pretty much the very beggining and it's still quite reliable.

Penta

Brakk

Glaive

[All the event-exclusive weapons like Strun Wraith or Gorgon Wraith]

Other than that, I have a few weapons lying around in my inventory and collecting dust but I'm not getting rid of them because they're potatoed.

I wish that one day we can trade weapons with other players.

Latron Prime- It has served me well, and for a long time, without a single Forma, too. Plus, it's the most powerful weapon I have.

Dragon Nikana- Looks nice, does great damage, and has nice animations. Overall, style.

Strun Wraith- Even though I rarely use it, it makes a great weapon for when I just need to overkill things, and fight infested. Or overkilling infested. That, and it's no longer possible to get.

Probably Detron- That DPS, also complements my Latron Prime well.

Snipetron Vandal- No longer possible to get, age value, and also a pretty effective weapon.

penta, wraipers, dex furis(never ranking them above rank 6, but they're cool), reaper prime (found the blade the day after ether reaper came out), and galatine (one day I'll figure out a non-charge build for it)

if you don't count those event guns: vectis and dual zorens join the brawl (speedy snipers ftw)

Detron(only weapon I took the time to put 5 forma on), Boar Prime(one does not simply disregard grinding for that bloody receiver back in the day; plus it works amazingly my perma stealthing Loki), Dual Ichor(monster melee that has never failed me), Dread(I love me some bows), Akstiletto(automatic accurate apocalypse)

Spectra. One of these days you will be good...Shhh..shh..just eat the forma...

Scoliac. I love my umbilical cord! But more importantly I do love whips!

Mire. I have accepted that you will always be the unique backwards bacon weapon and for that I shall keep a part of you within my heart..and stomach..

Vectis. You are my most used weapon..Naturally I will always have you by my side...because I do own primed chamber.

Ceramic Dagger. Killing all who oppose me with pottery? Yes please!

Hmm... 3/5 are melee weapons..

• 2 months later...

Penta would've been on this list, but after these changes it might not.

If you meant I could only keep and use these weapons forever:

Marelok

Dragon Nikana

Boltor Prime

Paris Prime (it was this or Latron Prime really)

Brakk (IF I HAD ONE)

If you meant my top 5 without looking at stats:

Paris Prime

Galatine

Gorgon Wraith (IF I HAD ONE)

AKBronco Prime

Dragon Nikana (I cannot play without my nippon steel)

Edited by Arabaxus

Latron Prime *1st prime weapon, 1st forma on it, now has 4. Don't plan to put anymore.

Lex Prime *Everything about this pistol I love, style, damage, reload animation, and the sound.

Dread *Love the style, but also I was proud to finally take on the Stalker and survive and kick his &#! to the curb. 

Dera *its not that great but, was my first clan tech weapon.

Aklato *Did alot of work for me back in dmg 1.0, still have it around for sentimental reason.

Edited by cryotech9020

5 slots is not nearly enough.

5 primary:

Latron Prime - the unsung hero of one-shot kills.

Boltor Prime - ultimate spray-and-pray

Dread - best bow, red crits, nuff said.

Phage - out of this world shotgun.

Ogris - kaboom!

Vectis - yes, 6 slots, but I have a soft spot for snipers.

5 secondary:

Brakk - if I had one

Detron - no damage faloff over distance

Marelok - I hate it because snipers are underpowered, btu it is good. 

Castanas - good strategic value.

Stug - ploit. ploit. ploit. BLOOORGHSPLOSION

Wraith twin vipers - as 6th option because it is an event weapon.

5 Melee:

Galatine - ever the classic, most beloved.

Orthos Prime - Mows down enemies like hot knife on butter.

Dual Ichor - can hit faster than you can click, awesomecopter.

Dakra Prime - Best one-handed sword.

Scoliac - awesome animations, fast toxin whip can make great builds.

5 Overall:

Dread

Boltor Prime

Marelok

Detron

Orthos Prime

Boltor / Hikou / Heat Sword / Gorgon / Dread /

I own many other weapons considered better than these. Like Soma, Boltor prime, Dragon Nikana, and others. But those top five got me through hard times.

My love on the other hand.

Gorgon / Supra / Flux Rifle / Dragon Nikana / Pyrana / Dual Vastos / Despair / Hate / Dread / Hikou / Vulkar / Angstrum

My 1 forma Boltor Prime haven't earned my respect yet. We'll see in time.

Edited by OrphanMaker