Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fan Fiction] Alad V Uses Us

Zrugel

Okay so, a little background. I like the infested and I color my equipment to look infested, I was playing the (pre-event?) alert today (may 30) and an idea struck me. I was going to upload a screenshot of my character looking in the infestation chamber at the guy stuck in there but after I looked into it, I realized I was too lazy.

Also this is the first time I've posted any lore, so if it's crap then please just ignore me. Otherwise please enjoy.

Nobody told him why, nobody told him what was going on, why he needed to be the one in here, in this chamber, or what it was for, but he knew, he knew in his bones what was going on, what was happening, he could start to hear them, the whispers, the echoes at first it was just when he drifted off, from the exhaustion of it all, to have this happen to him, to his body, to his flesh. he could start to feel it creeping over him while he lay there,  it was starting to add up, the veins, the tendons, the sinew, the muscle, he could feel it grow, he could feel himself start to change. 

his flesh was no longer his own, it was being warped, twisted, reshaped by this new biology. it was stuck to him now making him one of them, one of the things he tried to fight off before. he had seen them, he had fought them, he had observed them, but never like this. they were always aggressive, they fought with such vigor and drive, they could never be reasoned with, they could never be appeased, they were simple he used to think, they only knew battle, the battle of will to drive out all others. the only way to deal with them was to kill them, their numbers were many but they could be killed, and that's how it was, over and over again, they killed and were killed. they were simple he thought.

but this time it was different he wasn't fighting them, he couldn't, how could he, he had no weapon, ah his weapon, if only....     even without it his mind told him to fight or get out, he knew he had to try, but he couldn't, he was just so tired.

all he could do at this point was wait, wait and listen, listen as they whispered, he could hear them again, they didn't stop but they weren't always there either, they told him about ancient things, things he didn't understand, things he didn't want to know, they told him of their directive, their all consuming directive. they were made for an ancient war, a war of time past. to fight an enemy long since forgotten.

The others would come by to see him, or to see how 'it' was doing. it made him crazy, it consumed him, not the organism, although it was, that's not what he was thinking about, what consumed him was his hatred, his fear, they saw him but they did nothing, nothing but write on their datapads and move along, he screamed at them, tried to get them to help him but they wouldn't. he knew the glass would muffle his screams, his plea for help but not like this, they acted like they didn't hear him at all, or didn't want to, as though they had seen this before, as though they had done this before, to others like him.

he had woken up to the alarm, to shouting and gunfire, he had heard those guns before, he had used one, trusted one, now he was without it. he felt naked even with the organism still covering him, with no weapon, no ally, he felt truly alone.

the gunfire was getting closer now, the shouts turned to screams, and the screams got fewer in number and frequency as they grew closer. they had all stopped, the screams, the shouts the gunfire, all of it. the door started to open. it looked strange, his first thought was that of the stories he had heard, he heard them in his old life, they were called tenno. he didn't pay much attention, he wished he had. who were they? what do they want? but now, one was standing, here, right in front of him, just outside the glass.

he knew it could see him, it looked right at him, it had to have seen him, right? he started to pound on the glass frantically, this was his chance, his mind started to race, he couldn't help himself but maybe this tenno might. "but they kill corpus, don't they?" his mind told him, its true most of the stories he had heard about these tenno, they were deadly, they killed, they killed the grineer, the corpus and infested. but which was he? he didn't know anymore, neither did he care, the only thing he wanted was out, to be free from the glass prison.

he closed his eyes as the glass shattered, it was the loudest thing heard in days, the loudest thing he remembers hearing since weapons training. the the tenno had broken the glass, but was it to free him or kill him he didn't know. the sudden change in smell from the air almost made him gasp, it certainly made him wince, the smell, the taste, it tasted like freedom.

as he opened his eyes he realized this tenno wasn't like the stories he had heard, this one wasn't a shining-armor-covered-laser-etched-sword-wielding-stoic-warrior, or a scary-as-****-living-shadow, as some of the tales went, no, this was one was different, almost as if... as if it were like him, what he was becoming. this tenno was infested. he didn't know such a thing existed, or could exist for that matter. but here it was pulling him to his feet. he fell back down as soon as this tenno let go, he knew he couldn't stand, his legs were weak, how could he escape? how could he escape what he had become?

'I'm still as good as dead' he thought, the tenno pulled him again, this time his legs held him, 'but how? my legs shouldn't... shouldn't be able to hold me after...' he can't understand what's going on, as he looks down he sees the infestation on his legs, "thats how" he hears a voice echo from inside. he looks up to see the blank gaze of the tenno. he starts to speak "I-I don't..." and with that the same voice cuts him off, knowing what he wants to understand "because we refuse to be used by Alad V"

I really like this take on things. You do have some grammar issues; the run on sentences and the capitalization, but the concept and descriptions are REALLY good. You should definitely keep writing ^-^

Edited by Jeahanne