Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 13.5.2 + 13.5.3

[DE]Rebecca

Now that Ash's Bladestorm is fixed, time to fix Valkyr's Hysteria yah?

It doesn't use damage scaling mods other than pressure point and crit mods, which limit its peak effectiveness to using crit weapons such as Dual Ichor to be of ANY usefulness at all in higher levels, and even then it is EXCRUCIATINGLY underpowered for an ultimate ability that uses a base 100 energy, in fact USING YOUR REGULAR MELEE WEAPON is much more effective than the ability is. Its only real use is a temporary invulnerability in order to heal allies, which Blessing can already one-up.

Looking back, this problem was centered around bringing it up to melee 2.0, and was nonexistent before then. It is good to see that abilities are being fixed, and I can't wait to see this one be re-vamped and actually useful!

~Eseli

i just started playing Valkyr to see whats up, and i have to agree

Cant hurt anything that isnt some Light enemy at lvl 40-50

and it feels really clumsy, floating around not being sure if you're hitting anything at all.

im going to ask as politely as i can but DONT add ponys to this game -.- they are every were all ready TF2,BF.COD YES even call of duty has a MOD that adds ponys :/ plz dont ruin this community

Redtext was Glen?

yeah, looks that way. remember the dev stream?

Wait, this game lets you know when you've been playing too much?

But awards you and calls you "Pride Of The Lotus for playing too much?

I'm so confused.

well, it's reccomened that you take a quater hour break after every hour when playing videogames, for health based reasons, so they post that every so often after you've played for over an hour. it's just like a "Hey, bro, we know you love playing warframe, but we don't want you to get sick or anything, please at least try to have a break". DE does care, in a way :P

I'm really enjoying the higher difficulty on these new missions - forcing me into a more cautious playstyle rather than guns blazing charging. Also, the alad v texture patch totally felt like an intentional progression rather than an 'oops we forgot to change that texture' - he's getting more corrupted as the event goes on. Cool event so far, nice to have exceptional resource rewards for a decent but quick challenge. Especially loving the transition to corrupted units partway through the levels, and the new corrupted corpus tiles. Wicked stuff, can't wait to see what comes next.

This... If more Warframe missions had this many enemies and that much damage, i would die happy... Again.. And again..

And my Salad appears to have rotten.

Edited by Giant_enemy_Crab

and it feels really clumsy, floating around not being sure if you're hitting anything at all.

Exactly my point. Where other warframes' abilities can be scaled through multiple mods of their own, the dependency on melee weapon mods COMBINED with the fact that those mods are limited to only 3 (that i have seen) that work, it HORRENDOUSLY fails to keep up.

Love Valkyr, but for a berserker, whose entire point is to DEAL MASSIVE DAMAGE, this inability SEVERELY cripples her in late-game maps.

Edited by Eseli

I dunno if it's intended but the corpus got quite strong for these Suspicious alerts. They (specifically the heavy troopers whom just love to wield their Supras) tend to mop the floor with anyone careless. My Rhino Prime with active ironskin get's taken out in the blink of an eye (literally) if I don't massmurder everyone fast or take cover.

Again I don't know if it was intended but guys, this is such a fresh and nice direction! Enemeies being dangerous? Good stuff!

Only if they had accuracy. I'm not talking about precision but a mechanic that changed their accuracy according to the situation. For example I use a fast frame and wallrun all over the place, slide sideways, etc. They still aim right at me without a problem. Sure, they are corpus thus I can react when they shoot but essentially they are still dead precise.

It would be so good if all enemies were rather easy to kill (like these guys) but could kill us fast (like these guys) - but what the game truly needs for that is proper fighting mechanic (like a more detailed and more responsive melee system - Left+E horizontal slash to left, Forward+E equals a thrust forward, etc. kind of moves wouldn't be hard to implement but they are essential in a proper melee system where you don't just keep pressing E as if you were playing another point and click mmorpg...).

Just for better clarity I've tried to rephrase the melee mechanic I'm so hell bent on - instead of the current one where you frequently end up being unable to stop slashing air while the enemy is already meters away:

- You press key to initiate attack (or to charge heavy strike if we want that back - wouldn't be bad).

- Attack commences (or attack commences when you release the key that you held to charge your heavy strike).

- While the attack animation is played, you press the key down again (after releasing it once).

- When the animation ends, if you are still holding the key, either the next attack starts or the next heavy-attack charge up period (if there is such).

Even if you press the button a hundred times during the original attack animation, as long as you are not holding it at the end of it, there will be no following attacks right away thus no "I can't stop slashing!" problems yet we still have a way to chain attacks one after another fluidly in a precise manner.

If we move sideways to an enemy's sights, then they shall lose precision according to that speed. Give them a turn speed even - it would do well with heavies, they are "heavies" after all.

Otherwise I like these missions - not exactly challenging (since an enemy simply having a bit higher stats isn't exactly how someone makes a unit challenging...) but at least we cannot breeze through that easily (still fairly easy, yes).

__________  _  _  __________

As for Valkyr (mentioned just above my post), she truly feels more like a porcelain vase than a mass murdering ball of rage.

What I would do:

- Forget that "if you leave someone alive you will suffer" addition to her ultimate. Worst possible idea, ever. She is a berserker, her main point should be Not caring about anything at all - and here we have the berserker frame, the only frame that have to take great care while using her ultimate... sorry for being overly blunt but that is a fail, no matter how you look at it.

- Make berserk a channeled ability, using up 25 energy on activation and eating 10-15 every second.

- She gains energy for every kill she makes.

- She gains 5/10/15/20% of damage she deals as Health.

She switches to her melee weapon or IF she doesn't have one, to her claws. In this case the claws shall have adequate damage.

- IF she has a melee weapon, she gains every benefit from that weapon plus attack speed.

- All her melee attacks (regardless of possessing melee weapons) gain a constant AOE attack that makes all enemies within X range of her melee hits (affected by power range mods) suffer the same damage and effects as if they were hit themselves (apart from this AOE - so no chain reaction where an AOE births another AOE and so on).

- All her melee attacks (regardless of etc.) activate a debuff on every enemy they hit (including those affected by the mentioned AOE) which slows them by 15/25/35/45% (not just moevement!).

- Valkyr is NOT invulnerable during this time but as mentioned above, she leeches HP.

How does that sound?

__________  _  _  __________

Oh, another thing!

Just remembered (or noticed again): is that intended that the standard electric damage mod on melee is maxed at 60% while poison is on 90%, at the same time, their event damage/status counterparts are 60% each? I mean if electric damage was better I would understand the 60-90% difference (it is supposedly not better though, everything is supposed to have equally good status effects) but then why are the dual mods still the same... so however I look at it it's either a glitch/bug/mistake or an error in game-design. Either way, just mentioning that this difference (fire 90% cold 60% too by the way) is quite old and though I don't want to seem unpatient, it would be kinda about time to fix or clarify them, along with some other stuff left behind by the closed beta/alpha stages.

Again, no offense, it was just quite... you get it.

Edited by K_Shiro

I dunno if it's intended but the corpus got quite strong for these Suspicious alerts. They (specifically the heavy troopers whom just love to wield their Supras) tend to mop the floor with anyone careless. My Rhino Prime with active ironskin get's taken out in the blink of an eye (literally) if I don't massmurder everyone fast or take cover.

Thank god, finally something that is actually capable of killing the players.

No event? ;_;

Soon™?

Edited by Taikaponi

There's always hope for next time. One of these days an update is going to have a pony, just you wait.

Always happy to see more fixes. Thanks again.

ive been having this nightmare and now i fear it will come true

new FRAME

Still.png

Edited by Edgedemon

I donno, if they did it like the RX-0 line from Gundam Unicorn it could work/be awesome, but other wise, yeah, no pony frames plz

makes me wonder if they would do a quadroped frame, even not a pony one...

would be awesome to play as a badass mechanized lion and just devour grineer left and right for example...

if only it fit with the lore somehow.

I know that feel dude, im playing with valkyr all the time and i end up using my weapon more than hysteria thanks to the animation but in the devstream 29 they show the new animations for hysteria, hopefully it will actually hit whats infront of you, more fluid hits and overall a better dps.

And i dont know if it is a problem of how armor works in general in this game not scaling properly or valkyr armor value is too low for a frame with that shields, even with life strike+rage+quick thinking against lvl 50 enemies she is too weak outside hysteria, maybe if warcry gaves you and your teammates something like 30-50% damage reduction (not armor, damage reduction pretty much like trinity) it will be worthy, 1260 armor (max steel fiber) against high level enemies is still a bit useless.

Devstream 29, skip to 14:20 to valkyr new animations:

Edited by ProxyReiv

makes me wonder if they would do a quadroped frame, even not a pony one...

would be awesome to play as a badass mechanized lion and just devour grineer left and right for example...

if only it fit with the lore somehow.

A Zanuka that turns on its masters and some how remembers who and what it was? Lame, but really all I got.