Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Logging Into Someone Else's Account

Spobbles

Question

A friend of mine is unable to play warframe (computer issues) right now, which is horrible timing due to this event. What I want to know is can I log in to her account to do the alerts without breaching the rules? Also, our warframe accounts are linked to our steam accounts, so I'm not sure how logging into her warframe account using my steam account would go. Also note that I have her permission to log in to her account.

Any info on this would be much appreciated.

12 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure it isn't against TOS to give out your account details, but if by chance your friend gives them to you and you decide to play a little prank by, i don't know, selling all her vandal weapons, your friend will NOT be able to get them back because it was her fault for trusting the wrong person.
In essence, be careful who you trust and don't be an a$$hole if you are trusted.

Edited by Greene413

I'm pretty sure it isn't against TOS to give out your account details, but if by chance your friend gives them to you and you decide to play a little prank by, i don't know, selling all his vandal weapons, your friend will NOT be able to get them back because it was her fault for trusting the wrong person.

In essence, be careful who you trust and don't be an a$$hole if you are trusted.

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully my friend won't be missing out on too much if I can do this.

My brother and I help each other out with Alerts occasionally if one of us can't get to a (Warframe capable) computer at the time.

We've had no problems with it but we don't have any trust issues either.

That being said, it's probably against the TOS so uh... don't do it... or something. >.>

My brother and I help each other out with Alerts occasionally if one of us can't get to a (Warframe capable) computer at the time.

We've had no problems with it but we don't have any trust issues either.

That being said, it's probably against the TOS so uh... don't do it... or something. >.>

Do you use each other's steam accounts, or your own?

Another thing about this, im doing the alerts on my account with 1hour+ left and when I log on to my friends account to do it for him it doesn't show up. :\

He might not have the node completed. I think it still works that way but not too sure since i haven't played with beginners in some while.

Edited by Greene413

if only that was the case, but with these new Event related alerts(hopefully) DE makes them available to everyone so no1 misses out on it.

Honestly i have no idea with this new event. I haven't really touched the game since the major bug fix after melee 2.0. Damn you Ghost Recon Online! =_=

Do you use each other's steam accounts, or your own?

The steam account doesn't matter. It is 'linked' to your Warframe account but it isn't used instead of it. I stay logged into my own steam and it works fine.

The steam account doesn't matter. It is 'linked' to your Warframe account but it isn't used instead of it. I stay logged into my own steam and it works fine.

That's what I thought, just wanted to be sure. Thanks :)