The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cicero Mods In Update 14?

Stefanovich

Allow me to say sorry in advance for this wall of text.

Far as exclusive items go I think that the excal prime and founder pack stuff should as an example remain exclusive, the event mods are something that can be rewards again in future events, DE had mentioned in a devstream way back that these event items are not completely exclusive if I recall it right and they are just sitting there for another time where they can be reintroduced to the game. Plus like others have mentioned its possible they may not be added in as rewards for another event or as extremely rare drops till after they release similar mods for the other 2 elements of fire and ice. Just be a bit patient in waiting, even if the mods in question do not come out again there will be other mods that will come out in events that will be just as good, the rewards for most of the events thus far have been great be it weapons, mods, or cosmetics like the one from the rescue mission event. far as event rewards go, good things come to those who wait, we can't complain to much about these things cause its possible to miss out of some things due to real life issues, just wait calmly and sooner or later similar or better rewards will be available to you.

as a new player who started 3 weeks ago and then seeing weapons like Serro released, Its really frustrating that these mods are exclusive, theres a big pool of weapons that have 0% fun value when you know you cant achieve full potential on them 

it seriously feels like new players are being punished severely for being new....have to work 10x as hard to earn crazy amounts of plat to buy useful things off other people? Im certain that has pushed people away from this game

getting sick and tired of looking up guides on how to build weapons and warframes and hearing, i use these mods(or helms), but you cant get them anymore!! oh well!! guess that weapon is useless mastery fodder for you instead of a weapon u might want to use

i feel your pain hombre.

Cicero mods should remain event-exclusive.

In an entirely unrrelated topic, WTS Cicero mods 900p.

thank you for providing no reason as to why these mods should remain exclusive other than for you to make some form of monopoly off of people.

Yeah, I know what you mean. One guy was selling Malignant Force for 300 Platinum.

Yeah no thanks.

Edit: That's 20 bucks worth of Platinum for a single mod that gives me +60% Toxic Damage and +60% Status Chance

$20

I sold a Malignant Force today for 450p.

::EDIT:: If people really want the mods that bad either work for them in the event, Wait the 4 months or so for DE to re-release them or buy them from people on the open market its really as simple as that. Making posts about it and whining "They have a shinier toy then me" doesn't do anything but inflame the community. Its not like DE Doesnt already know that a good portion of the community wants the mods released again, repeated posts serve no purpose.

Edited by DarthRevan84

Cicero items were stated as exclusive.

Tethra items, however, were not stated as exclusives whatsoever, or "never before seen again" things.

Where were they stated to be exclusive? The event page doesn't state nothing.

My guess is that they haven't been rereleased because if they were added to the Nightmare alert reward list, the reward table would wind up too diluted. People complain about the RNG enough already, we don't need to make it worse by halving the Nightmare alert drop probabilities.

Maybe they'll be added as rewards for the upcoming Quest system, or for Capture or Sabotage 2.0.

Desire is not a justified reason for access. You didn't participate, you don't get the reward. Done and done.

What about players who joined recently? Theres no way the y could have participated in cicero without a  time machine :/

Godspeed :D

You guys must be forgetting about them re-releasing lethal torrent, shred, and vigor in the arid fear event into the nightmare tables and whatnot.  You guys complaining about "we earned it in the event it shouldn't be rereleased" and stuff forget that it has already been done or are choosing to omit information.  It can and may happen and if they already did it once, its possible they will do it again.

no

and it's becasue its so powerful it should be kept exclusive

Yes, because it makes sense that the only status melee mods worth a damn are from an obscure event that was done before many players even started and are now cordoned off forever in such a fashion that they can't have them. How dare players want a decent status chance when three new melee weapons have high status chances.

The gall of those fiends, thinking they should be entitled to, via hunting for them like other Nightmare Mods, a decent status chance roughly double what they can get without them. Yes, we need to cordon off that so entire weapon strata are beyond their reach, lest the serfs gain literacy and threaten the landed gentry.

Edited by Jaimas

I'll make an addendum here in that after several days of information-gathering by floating offers to people, the lowest I was quoted for ONE Cicero Mod was about 100 Platinum. And even then, that was from a friend of mine, so there was that. Him aside, the lowest one I was quoted was for 120 Platinum.

You might think it's fine that these are cordoned off this way, but when the only mods of several varieties are blocked off this way, you can essentially give up seeing anything but DPS weapons on most builds. What impetus is there to even build a status-loaded weapon like the Serro, mastery aside, when at best, barring the Cicero Mods, you're going to have a status chance a fraction of what it will be with? It hamstrings loadouts, and just reeks of being counter-intuitive. The fact that they also cost less than the existing elemental mods energy-wise is just gravy.

I'll make an addendum here in that after several days of information-gathering by floating offers to people, the lowest I was quoted for ONE Cicero Mod was about 100 Platinum. And even then, that was from a friend of mine, so there was that. Him aside, the lowest one I was quoted was for 120 Platinum.

You might think it's fine that these are cordoned off this way, but when the only mods of several varieties are blocked off this way, you can essentially give up seeing anything but DPS weapons on most builds. What impetus is there to even build a status-loaded weapon like the Serro, mastery aside, when at best, barring the Cicero Mods, you're going to have a status chance a fraction of what it will be with? It hamstrings loadouts, and just reeks of being counter-intuitive. The fact that they also cost less than the existing elemental mods energy-wise is just gravy.

Cicero typically gets sold for 300-500 plat, in my experience. Getting one of them for 120 is a steal that doesn't happen very often.

i feel like alot of people fail to understand the gap between scanning some flowers in an event and doing random alerts...

versus farming for 400p (and thats just 1 set) and then another 400-500p to get all the arcane helmets now     (some people have tried to even ripoff with vanguard alone for 400p....)

if a new player wanted Half the freebies the old players got , hes gotta earn 1300p? will be higher later

and thats just the things we CAN still  aquire....

Edited by MerelyARumor

Cicero typically gets sold for 300-500 plat, in my experience. Getting one of them for 120 is a steal that doesn't happen very often.

Maybe it's the time of day we're going there, but we have completely different experiences. I saw multiple guys offering the entire mod set for 300-500, and individual mods for about 150 on average.

The one Cicero I have, a High Voltage, was a gift from a friend after I gave him what he needed to craft Rhino Prime and some mods he traded in to acquire the Edo Armor.