The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cicero Mods In Update 14?

Stefanovich

Based on what I've read of this thread, the Cicero ones (un-opinionated on Tethra) should return, as per the info about U14 has told me.

I may have missed this, but those who have those mods have a clear shot at getting the Tysis over 100% Status proc chance. That's insane if you mix Radiation or Magnetic onto it, since Corrosive stacks, Radiation turns enemies against each other and it can keep Corpus' shields down to 25%.

As I've said a few times now, if they want to ensure status effect weapons are essentially non-starters in the current meta, by all means, keep them exclusive. It'll make sure that DPS continues to reign supreme.

Shame that Primed Chamber couldn't have followed suit.

My Vectis is lonely.

Except that was a reward for scoring in the top 100 in a makeshift contest that was held within an event.

Charged Chamber. Learn to use it.

Except that was a reward for scoring in the top 100 in a makeshift contest that was held within an event.

Charged Chamber. Learn to use it.

Charged Chamber is an insulting replacement. Less than half of the buff with a higher capacity cost. In fact, it's a terrible mod at best. Better to replace it with an elemental mod, a crit mod, or anything else that might be relevant. The only situation where you might slot it is as an all-purpose Anti-Faction mod.

Edited by TheAscendedOne

Yeah, they should. Nothing should be exclusive except for things like the closed-beta items, and the Founder stuff.

Actually primed chamber is the one mod i disagree on bringing back. The event should be released on ps4 because id like a shot at it. however this mod is a trophy for being in the top 100 out of like 100000 people or more 

Cicero and Tethra mods should be made available to all and anyone that thinks that they shouldn't is pretty damn selfish. Seriously you didn't spend hours upon hours getting it and hell some of you probably didn't do anything at all. I personally did not have a ps4 when the event was out, So because i didn't i shouldn't be allowed these mods? Selfish bastards

Actually primed chamber is the one mod i disagree on bringing back. The event should be released on ps4 because id like a shot at it. however this mod is a trophy for being in the top 100 out of like 100000 people or more 

Cicero and Tethra mods should be made available to all and anyone that thinks that they shouldn't is pretty damn selfish. Seriously you didn't spend hours upon hours getting it and hell some of you probably didn't do anything at all. I personally did not have a ps4 when the event was out, So because i didn't i shouldn't be allowed these mods? Selfish bastards

damn straight, took me like 3 hours total to get like 760 points, which got me all the rewards i needed, but i missed Cicero

they should just release them as Nightmare Mods but perhaps a higher rarity

Why would you quote something that's 10 days old? What's more, you took me seriously when I said that. 

Edited by Tymerc

Why would you quote something that's 10 days old? What's more, you took me seriously when I said that. 

Yeah because you really didn't mean it right? thats why you made it sound sarcastic? thats why you were joking? oh wait you weren't.

Why do you even care? Are you mad because someone disagreed with you? Because someone took a quote you put from 10 days ago? 

Yeah because you really didn't mean it right? thats why you made it sound sarcastic? thats why you were joking? oh wait you weren't.

Why do you even care? Are you mad because someone disagreed with you? Because someone took a quote you put from 10 days ago? 

Wow, look at you spouting assumptions left and right. Get back to me when you learn some respect.

So you want old stuff released on a new event? And what about the new stuff for the event, just toss it aside?

You guys are getting really out of hand begging for stuff that firstly is already available via trade, and secondly you missed.

Worry about the things you can earn yourself, THEN look at what alternate methods exist to get what you want. But all of these blatant beg posts need to stop.

The other two event mods will come out in their own events before Cicero and Tethra's

Also, they aren't that powerful, they're as strong as a rank 3 elemental mod.

They also have Status Chance

Anyways I beileve they shouldn't re-release the mods, but instead make more elemental mods!

So you want old stuff released on a new event? And what about the new stuff for the event, just toss it aside?

You guys are getting really out of hand begging for stuff that firstly is already available via trade, and secondly you missed.

Worry about the things you can earn yourself, THEN look at what alternate methods exist to get what you want. But all of these blatant beg posts need to stop.

Yeah, because telling people with justified criticisms of the event mods' availability to shut the hell up is totally the best response, amirite?

You can complain all you want, but the simple fact is that these criticisms is, indeed, valid. More so than the obvious ridiculousness of a Cicero/Tethys Mod Set going for more than your average update bundle (because $50+ for a set of mods is totally what DE had in mind with these), the simple fact remains that in the current metagame, you cannot even begin to compare the effectiveness of a build with or without the status chance mods.

In the case of the Serro and Nami Solo, it's the difference between a 27.5% Status chance and one over double that much with the Cicero Mods. Hell, even on the lowly Grakata, it's the difference between a 35% chance (Rifle Aptitude/Hammer Shot) and a 59% chance (Those plus Malignant Force (Cicero)/High Voltage (A Tethra). Yes, these mods are less powerful in terms of raw damage, but that's not the reason they're so valuable and so useful on a literal crap-ton of builds.

No one's asking for Primed Chamber to make a return (even though DE Rebecca already said in a Stream it would be an event prize again at some point). What people are asking for here is balance. There's no logical reason to keep these mods cordoned off by a paywall that's only going to get infinitely worse as time goes on, because they're a limited resource that's in extremely high demand.

Oh, and before some chucklenuts decides to wave around the "lol wait for a gift of the lotus" canard, let me make a suggestion: don't. It's a spurious and ultimately pointless argument that relies on someone being placed entirely at the largesse of the RNG, and moreover ignores the aforementioned issue of these mods being a limited resource, constantly in demand, necessary for some builds, and constantly increasing in price despite being in the same power range as every other Nightmare mod. You and I both know that there's players who have played Warframe since Day One and not gotten a Gift of the Lotus Platinum cost reduction (I myself have played since around November, and never gotten one beyond the 20% reducer), the same way some poor players will never see a goddamned Gorgon.

Except they didn't tell anyone that it was being given out until after the event was over when they decided to give it out.  So no one was actually competing for that particular trophy. 

In all likelihood, the reason why they've held off on re releasing it is because of the ridiculous amounts of plat that it's traded for.  Of course that wouldn't stop them from releasing another 100 in another event.  They even had indicated they might do that in a livestream after the event.

It's not like DE had already said they were going to reintroduce these mods already or anything.  Nope.  Never.  Not at alllll ::\

AMG it's such a surprise to see them released :O

Edited by Aggh

Except they didn't tell anyone that it was being given out until after the event was over when they decided to give it out.  So no one was actually competing for that particular trophy.

Yes they did.  People did know that the top 100 kill counts would be rewarded.  I certainly knew but felt I was unlikely to get it since I was fairly new to the game then.

This update thread says event ran from 5th-8th July and people were discussing on the 6th the fact that only 100 were being given out.  Clearly people did know before the end of the event.

Edited by Katinka

Yes they did.  People did know that the top 100 kill counts would be rewarded.  I certainly knew but felt I was unlikely to get it since I was fairly new to the game then.

This update thread says event ran from 5th-8th July and people were discussing on the 6th the fact that only 100 were being given out.  Clearly people did know before the end of the event.

Oop you're right.  I was thinking of the fusion moa event when they added Thunderbolt etc. after the event as a reward.