The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Wonder If De's Metrics Say That Most People Are Credit-Starved?

[DE]Momaw

I've done 3 alerts now in the Suspicious Shipments theme, totaling almost a million credits.  That brings my current wealth up over 7 million.  But the thing is.... There's nothing to really DO with that. As a veteran player I don't have many things I need to build in the foundry; and when it comes to fusing mods which is a traditional credit sink, fusion cores are harder to come by than credits nowadays. Even transmutation isn't a problem credits-wise, since rare mods are so damned rare now that I get credits faster than I get transmutation material.

Am I alone in this line of thinking?  Are there lots of people out there in Warframeland who are desperately needing credits?

I have 700k+ credits, so the credit alerts really aren't of much interest to me :p

Edited by Frenzlin

has anyone stopped to think that maybe they are giving us these "event" rewards to give us a headstart on stuff that will be in update 14?

DE thinking ahead? Well that's never happened before!

/possiblymaybedefinitelysarcasm

This is where my head is right now as well. I actually used to complain that DE would create a drought of some important resource before it was needed, but they seem to have learned that lesson and learned it well. 

I've heard of some bugs that suggest some of the melee mods are capable of going to ten ranks but are limited to three right now, and I find it odd that with a stance, even a stance of the wrong polarity you pretty much don't need to forma any melee weapons right now. All viewed together with DE throwing lots of creds at us... I think we'll see the rank cap on lots of melee mods raised soon. That's my prediction.

Melee 2.0 and stance mods show that you can never have too many credits.

This.

I had five million credits and then transmutations in search of elusive stance mods whittled me down to under 100,000 credits. And I still only got fewer than half of the rare stance mods. Most of the rare transmutations I did resulted in common mods :(   . Anyway, I ended up selling many of the spare helmet bps I had accumulated... just before they retired them and they became commodities for plat.

I for one am glad to be back over 1 million in credits now thanks to this event - but I do wonder whether they are throwing us plat to encourage transmutation because they are intent on soon releasing even more rare and difficult to acquire mods to the drop table.

Well, form the viewpoint of guy that plays this game over a year:

We had good headstart when Void was introduced. Getting 70 k per run was quite awesome and we didnt have anything to spend that credits on. I was sitting around 5 millions and didnt play much, but burned around 2 millions once Transmutation was introduced.

Now i vary between 2-3 millions and i dont even try to increase my credits amount over that. Was at 3 before U13, burned around 1 million on transmutation ( unholy and addictive mechanic ). My overall income is over 70 millions i believe, and i am shocked that i burned that much.

As for new players, i am kinda sorry for them. There is crapload of weapons, frames, mods and other things that need insane amounts of credits.