Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Satisfied With Exterminate?

Joyfulmama

So from many threads I understand (and I agree) that the style of gameplay in the weekend event alerts have brought you guys a refreshing challenge and many of you liked it.

This is probably going to give DE the idea that what we really want implemented in exterminate and/or other modes are more enemies that deal significant damage but don't soak up bullets like a high level Grineer Heavy Gunner.

I saw a thread some time ago about people complaining that the current Exterminate mode is boring. So perhaps the solution to that after all is just more enemies, better enemy damage, no insane damage sponge? (If I'm missing out something else that's making the event alerts fun tell me)

So the main question is (A genuine question, mind you, toxic members of the community): Would you guys be satisfied if the Exterminate style of the weekend alerts became Exterminate 2.0?

Edit: Typos.

Edited by Joyfulmama

No, because "2.0" is a much bigger number, while current Exterminate doesn't actually offer much of a change, nor a thought further than its current box. I'd call this Exterminate 1.2 if anything.

Therefore, an implication of "Exterminate 2.0," to me personally, would be something bigger, with more depth.

Edited by Casardis

So from many threads I understand (and I agree) that the style of gameplay in the weekend even alerts have brought you guys a refreshing challenge and many of you liked it.

This is probably going to give DE the idea that what we really want implemented in exterminate and/or other modes are more enemies that deal significant damage but don't soak up bullets like a high level Grineer Heavy Gunner.

I saw a thread some time ago about people complaining that the current Exterminate mode is boring. So perhaps the solution to that after all is just more enemies, better enemy damage, no insane damage sponge? (If I'm missing out something else that's making the event alerts fun tell me)

So the main question is (A genuine question, mind you, toxic members of the community): Would you guys be satisfied if the Exterminate style of the weekend alerts became Exterminate 2.0?

Definitely harder and faster paced so overall i would love to.

Edited by Crotax

Only if they really toned down the damage for a lot of enemies.

Just think of the grineer hitscan weapons with the current damage?  You wouldn't be able to do anything but die.
And just imagine how horrible Bombards and Napalms would be then, hitting you through cover and all that.

Sure its kinda fine for the corpus, but even then they would need a tone down for low to mid levels.

And I dont even want to think what some eximus combos would do with this level of damage (Toxic aura ancient anyone?  It would be instant death through walls and doors and floors with no way to avoid or protect against it.  What about grineer arson eximus?)

So while the increased number of enemies are welcome....thats really about all I would like to see from this.

Edited by Tsukinoki

I would like that. I really like the higher number of enemies.

Maybe not having the damage quite this high, though. It is really hard to get through these missions solo without using up a few revives, unless you have crazy awesome gear and are super careful.

I also like the short defense part at the locked door.

No, because "2.0" is a much bigger number, while current Exterminate doesn't actually offer much of a change thought further than its current box. I'd call this Exterminate 1.2 if anything.

Therefore, an implication of "Exterminate 2.0," to me personally, would be something bigger, with more depth.

I understand you think there should be more creativity added in, but that it's also headed in the right direction. Thanks for the comment.

Why only exterminate?

I did say 'going to give DE the idea that what we really want implemented in exterminate and/or other modes'

Edited by Joyfulmama

You make a good point with Grineer hitscan weapons. Maybe a slight damage modification for each faction. Not sure what to do about Eximus though. If the flame-element Eximus gets you knocked down with the fire blast, you're pretty much screwed, so I agree that needs work.

I see, good point. Though it's fun, people would just burn up all their revives in a few runs.

Edited by Joyfulmama

Only if they really toned down the damage for a lot of enemies.

Just think of the grineer hitscan weapons with the current damage?  You wouldn't be able to do anything but die.

And just imagine how horrible Bombards and Napalms would be then, hitting you through cover and all that.

Sure its kinda fine for the corpus, but even then they would need a tone down for low to mid levels.

And I dont even want to think what some eximus combos would do with this level of damage (Toxic aura ancient anyone?  It would be instant death through walls and doors and floors with no way to avoid or protect against it.  What about grineer arson eximus?)

So while the increased number of enemies are welcome....thats really about all I would like to see from this.

I would enjoy it more like this. It adds a much needed challenge; the right kind of challenge not just bullet sponges. Also it prevents people for trying to go out and be a hero but rather promotes players to stay in a group. That is a much needed aspect of this game since it focuses on 4 player co-op.

I understand you think there should be more creativity added in, but that it's also headed in the right direction. Thanks for the comment.

Though it's good to take baby steps, I don't think too much praises should be given for the slightest ones. Personally, I would consider it a step in the right direction if they weren't basically bringing the same issue as the Elite Lancers when they were first introduced.

Multiplying both damage output and spawn rate doesn't sound like a real sensible design choice to me, and I honestly can't settle on that as satisfactory. I've commented enough on my concerns over these decisions just the past few days, so I'll just link to one of my posts here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/239718-seriously-shipment-alerts-badly-out-of-whack/#entry2779302

Edited by Casardis

@HandsOfnArtist
It basically just slaps stalker level damage on all enemies.  Thats just a cheap difficulty spike and not really a challenge.  All it does is mean that if you're not playing Rhino/Loki/Ash/Exalibur you're going to have a very annoying time where if you are you're going to breeze through the missions like they are just the same as they have always been.

And how does it promote staying in a group when you could have a napalm just one-shot even an IS rhino at that point at low levels if it ever pops up?

And it would never work for other gameplay modes.

Think of trying this level of damage in a survival mission where you are forced by game mechanics to stand still at the pod to use it?
What about trying to do an assassinate mission with these levels of damage against say ruk with his huge AOE attack that goes through everything?

Like i said, it can work in alerts like this where it is optional, but putting it into the entire game wouldn't work out at all.

what I like about the Exterminate missions of Salad is the fact that Alad is SPEAKING! As in: we are seeing that we finding them and killing his troops is having an IMPACT!

make the normal exter missions have someone like a "Commander" that speak to us in transmitions..... EVEN BETTER: Make us see subtitles of what the enemy is SAYING in the intercoms or intercepted radio calls, like:

THE TENNO ARE HERE!!! GET THE PROXIES READY!!

THEY JUST BREACHED SECTOR C!!

HOLD THE LINE!! HERE THEY COME!!

SHOOT THEM!! SHOOT!!

MOMMY!!

WHY I DIDNT CALL SICK TODAY!?!?!

OH MY ROBOTICS!! THEY KILLED KENNY!!

YOU BASTARDS!!

I think it needs tweaking to differentiate damage from mook, elite, and eximus type along with more reasonable spawn point.

Increasing damage means player will use more cover instead of the usual run&gun tactic. This also means the room that we just cleared a second ago should be a safe place to hold as a choke point. If they can spawn behind you then it's literally pointless.

Another thing worth mentioning is that perhaps we can use more projectile and less hitscan for Grineer or it will be extremely hard gamemode against them. Or adopt a glass cannon approach for the Corpus and a tank approach for the Grineer. 

I agree this is actually pretty gd, they have low health which means you can still kill them but have higher damage out put which I find as gd. while doing these I have found the team seem to stick together a lot more and actually wait around encase you die. its also slow pace so no more people just running into the crowd or people just running past as they will die before they go past. I defiantly think this should be implanted in some way be it in a new mode new levels, new planet. so much better I have to actually watch my shield and health, go behind walls and reload not just stand and take the hits. well done DE normally I don't agree with what you do however this is 100 per cent praise

So the main question is (A genuine question, mind you, toxic members of the community): Would you guys be satisfied if the Exterminate style of the weekend alerts became Exterminate 2.0?

Dear lord no.

No no no no no and no.

I hear a small handful of people praising DE for this ridiculous spike in the damage enemies can hit you with, and while I can respect elites being elites, this attitude of "everything should be exactly like this" is a selfish and inconsiderate one.

There are a lot of us who play this game and are NOT skilled enough to handle difficulty like this. Yet, we play. why? Because WarFrame is fun and we very much like that it DOESN'T hit you with bullsh** like this around every goddanged corner.

So, please. Elder Tenno. I beseech you. Stop trying to sound like the badass kings of badasses and demanding that everything in this game just sh** impossible difficulty all over you. If you want something like that, go get your fix with something like "I wanna be the guy" or "Super MeatBoy".

... you know what those games are, right?

For the record, I'm not saying missions like this shouldn't exist. By all means, people looking for a challenge should be able to find those challenges. But to insist that everything else in the game be similarly impossible... that shows a level of selfishness and narrow sight beyond comprehension.

Edited by Soldatto

I really enjoyed the alert missions. They were fun, challenging, and required some actual tactics and cover, even with my reactored rhino.

That being said, I do not want to see this level of lethality at the 15-25 level. Maybe it should be, maybe it shouldn't. 3 shots to kill rhino skin, 4 shots to eat through 600 shields and 400 hp. I counted. Time slowed down every time.

I'd love for this to be the new high tier of difficulty. T4 void keys were mentioned. Unlockable missions / alert missions with this level of lethality and reward ARE WORTH DOING. They are like Nightmare Missions BUT WITH GOOD REWARDS. Not that the nightmare mods aren't bad, but I think the mode still has room to grow. I stopped playing nightmare mode because there was nothing left for me to get out of that game-style, where as the void missions I have to go back to in order to get the newest stuff.