The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Codex Scanner Prime

Yorinar

Basic idea:  advanced codex scanner (not necessarily "Prime") that locks on and tracks when you start the scanning process

Tracking targets that are moving is really annoying.  Even more so since the AI likes to change direction ten times randomly before moving somewhere. Or the AI decides that where it took cover suddenly doesn't make sense and it warps 10 meters to the side.  The random weird movements of enemies is never as apparent as when you're using something with a zoom.  Apparently the future uses a lot of meth, because these guys jump around like ADHD kids after a day at the candy factory.

A more advanced scanner would help change the codex scanning experience from one of endless WTFBBQ to the mere tedium it should be.

Update: Clarified point about it not having to be "prime" just some advanced form with tracking.

Edited by Yorinar

I don't think there needs to be a prime version of this consumable item, I just think DE should add a lock-on target option for the scanner... It would help PS4/gamepad players greatly too

EDIT: Actually, there already is a aim-assist option but it's a little floaty

Edited by xhris

scanner is tenno designed, and it's goal is to understand the actual world, because we lost our memories, orokin didn't needed scanners

Orokin presumably would have had no knowledge of the Grineer or Corpus, since they rose in the post-Orokin era.  So even the Orokin would have needed a way to gain knowledge of their world.  See the update above though, I don't care if it's prime.  Just an advanced form that tracks.

But my suggestion is as much a complaint about the spastic movements of the enemy as it is an actual suggestion.

Uh....No

Uh, stupid response?

Edited by Yorinar