Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Energy Vampire

Morgax

Question

Greetings, i have question about trinity's skill the energy vampire.

Which targets can be affected by this skill and actually give energy back? (tried on Jackal gained no energy)

Does energy vampire affects every type of defense shield/health or only one of these? (By this i mean which one of these defense types gives buck energy if skill is used upon it)

What is the duration on rank 3? I have it at rank 3 without continuity mod and it seems little bit short, the 'blueish' glow disappears pretty quickly.

7 answers to this question

Greetings, i have question about trinity's skill the energy vampire.

Which targets can be affected by this skill and actually give energy back? (tried on Jackal gained no energy)

Does energy vampire affects every type of defense shield/health or only one of these? (By this i mean which one of these defense types gives buck energy if skill is used upon it)

What is the duration on rank 3? I have it at rank 3 without continuity mod and it seems little bit short, the 'blueish' glow disappears pretty quickly.

With the Jackal you can only gain energy when it is down and I would suggest using it only on tanky characters where you can benifit most from it. All targets are affect and it doesn't take away any shield/health. As far as the Duration I think you can stack the continuity mod with it and it'll last longer.

It works on all targets, to my knowledge.

I've used Trinity for the longest time, though this last piece of knowledge is crucial.

Energy Vampire does not work on shields.

You need to be firing at the target's health for the effect to take place. (I learned this the hard way, soloing Kela the first few times)

Since Jackal has his shields up while he's walking around, Energy Vampire's pace should be severely ruined on him.

There is also a small possibility that when he goes from normal to weakened states, he removes the Vampire effect.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Duration? No idea. Quite long. Wiki says it would be something round 8-9 seconds. In gunfire time, that's long.

Power duration mods are absolutely crucial for Trinity as all powers are affected by it.

I also wanted to ask a question regarding energy vampire, while using it it gave me the strong impression that you can't gain more than about 100~125 energy from a single cast. By that I mean that I stop gaining energy at a certain point even though I'm still shooting the enemy with the blue aura and I still have space for more energy. Is this just an impression or is there a limit on the energy you can gain?

I also wanted to ask a question regarding energy vampire, while using it it gave me the strong impression that you can't gain more than about 100~125 energy from a single cast. By that I mean that I stop gaining energy at a certain point even though I'm still shooting the enemy with the blue aura and I still have space for more energy. Is this just an impression or is there a limit on the energy you can gain?

There is a limit.

Realistically, you cannot spam Energy Vampire + Blessing for infinite team invunerability.

However, it's just enough to be able to maintain Link+Vampire loops indefinitely if you don't miss too much.

I think it's 100 energy per skill use?

Trinity on Wikia

Edited by FlameLaevateinn

EV costs 50 and returns a maximum of 100 per application. You can't EV a new target until the previous one is dead, or maybe there's a time element involved too. Awkward to test ><

With Streamline and Continuity maxed out (power efficiency & power duration mods) it's comfortably possible to keep Link up permanently while meleeing everything to death.

Also note you can get all the benefit of energy vampire from a single charged melee atk.

Focus also increases the amount of energy that can be gained from a single casting. It works out to be more beneficial to leave Energy Vampire at rank 1 with Focus maxed. Keep Continuity for Link duration, but a lower duration on Energy Vampire lets you cast it more frequently and gain more energy.

The thing is, once you've gained all the energy you can, the duration keeps going so you can't recast it as soon.

That said, I've never had a problem with using the maxed mod level for it, but it would be better to use it unranked for that reason.