Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jumping outside of the map and into the skybox

BoyMilk69

I had a similar experience in the same map today, except I was just standing at the exit of the stage waiting for my team to arrive. I didn't catch the beginning of it, just my extreme fallspeed. Imagine portal. One on the cieling, one on the floor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxIxSt6nKKA

Edit: The map supposedly flashing isn't actually just flashing. If you look close enough, it's going by me so fast that at 60fps it only has about 3-4 frames on the screen. The motion blur also makes this harder to see.

Edited by Valmar

before we discard this as just a bug - there was an instance yesterday where my friend and i were locked behind a door we needed to get through, but between a mix of keys in the wrong place and hacking terminals, we couldn't open it.

i laughingly, stated 'i wonder if we can go through those silly vent things up there'. we both spent a minute trying to get into them, and then found, holy crap, we can. we walked above the map, falling into the next room.

this was a pretty cool sidetrack.

it should be controlled better, but i think those should actually be part of the game! it's pretty cool to use those 'vents' as extra passages through rooms.

granted falling out of the map is bad, but if those 'vents' connected to new rooms, if only sometimes and other times would be blocked off with some sort of door or something, that would be pretty cool.

i'd like to see this capitilized on, rather than 'fixed'.

Edited by taiiat

this was a pretty cool sidetrack.

it should be controlled better, but i think those should actually be part of the game! it's pretty cool to use those 'vents' as extra passages through rooms.

I've fixed this instance, should be in the next patch for you guys. Cool idea for future levels though. :)