The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Stop With All The Primes Now? [Megathread]

Drunken_Child

We like primes, and honestly, a lot of people acquire the primes, and then they don't have anything else to get.

So telling them "you should be unhappy because I think your happiness is ruining my happiness" is... odd.

The only thing I'm wondering about, since people are expecting loki prime, is, what else will he do, since he's going to be the first prime that you can't see most of the time?(Blingless bling... how odd).

We like primes, and honestly, a lot of people acquire the primes, and then they don't have anything else to get.

So telling them "you should be unhappy because I think your happiness is ruining my happiness" is... odd.

The only thing I'm wondering about, since people are expecting loki prime, is, what else will he do, since he's going to be the first prime that you can't see most of the time?(Blingless bling... how odd).

The leak said that he's just getting some polarities, kinda like the other Primes.

Sorry guys. I've just heard directly from DE.

In response to the request from this one user, they have decided to never have another Prime Warframe, weapon, or anything special added to the game ever. Why bother, right?

Yes, I and the sucess rate in General Discusion is already very low to begin with.

Well, see, here's my thing. I'm fine with people getting hyped over stuff that actually is coming that's big (U14, Loki Prime, Melee 2.0). But I do get annoyed with the random every-Wednesday-regular-update Hype threads.

So we have two new mission types for more keys with the possibility of T4 keys as well...that means 13 possible new unique void keys.  That's quite a lot...

As long as DE takes steps towards making the drop tables less diluted and the difficulty less bullet sponge-based, both of which they said they will be doing and the evidence of that being true is stacked in their favor, I don't see why we couldn't have more primes...

The only real prime that even irks me right now is Braton, and that's just because it's original was a Corpus rifle...lore-wise I don't know how that works, but whatevs.  Still no biggie.

Look... I understand that, hey, sometimes... you just can't keep up with information, stuff comes and goes by so fast in Warframe's circles that... hey, if you happen to miss a Devstream, or not check the subreddit for a day, you might miss out on...

...Oh... the new mission types coming to the void which were already hinted at coming with Update 14 (T4s, Rescue, Interception etc etc) thus making your original point about dilution of drop tables and prime parts far less valid.

So I don't fault you for that.

Now, if you'd like to make an argument or point that... Primes are coming too fast and are thus setting off an arms race that forces DE to develop more content for the void at the same time, thus creating more work for themselves and that perhaps you'd like to see them put work into furthering non-void-based end game ideas rather than being forced to evolve the void-concept to fit more Primes... now that's a discussion I'd like to see.

But otherwise... I think we're good here. :)

Edited by LordOda

Its not their happniess that is making unhappy (well at the hype stage it is), but what I am worried for the most is the ".0000000001% chance of Loki reciever not droping its not fair DE fix!" "WHY Y U HATE ME RNG!" and the worst of all "Can't get Loki helm to drop will any of you give me one?" Do you see how that can get annoying.

Well Drunken you dont have to read them. Yes but the majority of the community will go through this phase. Yes it will pass, but why not just avoid it if possible insted?

...Oh... the new mission types coming to the void which were already hinted at coming with Update 14 thus making your original point about dilution of drop tables and prime parts far less valid.

But that will just be a buffer untill the next prime access. Because in a month or two people will be requesting another prime I can ssure you. Maybe even sooner because there will be a small group of people out there saying "I hate Loki! Wy could we not get a Nyx prime or a Volt prime!"

Edited by Drunken_Child

If it bothers you that much why do you pay attention to it? I'm sure you'll see "HYPE HYPE HYPE" plastered all over Gen. Discussion but that doesn't mean you have to go and kill the fun for those that shows DE their player base has quite the anticipation for content they create. Don't be such a party pooper for those legitimately excited for new content the game gets weekly (occasionally bi-weekly).

Loosen up a bit, let the dudes have their fun. If they're disappointed due to high expectations after they experience a bit of the new content, let it be just that.

Edited by Trowicia

If it bothers you that much why do you pay attention to it? I'm sure you'll see "HYPE HYPE HYPE" plastered all over Gen. Discussion but that doesn't mean you have to go and kill the fun for those that shows DE their player base has quite the anticipation for content they create. Don't be such a party pooper for those legitimately excited for new content the game gets weekly (occasionally bi-weekly).

Loosen up a bit, let the dudes have their fun. If they're disappointed due to high expectations after they experience a bit of the new content, let it be just that.

I try and keep my expectations low Satasifaction = Expectations - Reality.

But that will just be a buffer untill the next prime access.

Yes, and...?

In the original post the point was made that they wanted to see a halt on Prime production until new missions were added to the void...

New missions are being added to the void. A whole new tier, and several new mission types.

Is that a "buffer" for future content... well sure, but so is everything else!

"We totally should stop all production on base Warframes because we'll need to add new bosses and planets, and since we're already lacking bosses on 2 planets, it makes no sense to make new frames!" - Is the same argument.

DE's goal is to create desirable content that we, as players, want to consume and if we really like (or are really lazy) to throw money their way in a showing of appreciation. Frames, be they Primes or base frames, are highly desirable... it's like adding a new base-class to other games. In this sense, DE will continue to develop content that will let them push out further and further content.

New planets, solar systems, dark sectors etc etc provide means to release new tilesets, bosses, events, mechanics and so on. They will continue to produce this content... just like they will continue to produce void based content. The void will continue expanding with more and more missions, just like the main-chunk of the game will...

I mean... what WOULD make someone happy to the point where they could go, "Yup, ok, you go ahead and produce more Primes now." and not just go, "But 30 more void mission types is just a buffer zone until 5 primes from now!" or something of the like?

I detest all of the hype threads and discussion threads that pop up after somthing is added, but this is somthing that needs to be said. The WF community begs for another prime, yet you whine when your reciever does not drop. I think we need to stop it with all the primes or at least untill more missions are added to the void. Yes we did get new missions with interception and Hijack, but that will only provide a buffer untill the next prime access. What are your opnions on this?

While I do not feel so hyped over prime frames either, since I think that they add nothing of deeper content to the game (starts with L, ends with ore), except for these vague cotex entries. But well... they sell. People like them. So what?

If you don't want to see people hyping over something / discussing new content, maybe you shouldn't go on the forums.

I find your wensday threads quite annoying. I don't hate your threads, I just try and derail them. I also think you could become stalker 2.0 with your obsession with Rebeca.

He has a... pretty gross bro, have you actually see--- Yea not going to go any further.

It's just Loki with more bling.

Big deal

You seem to imply it's just Loki with gold attached. Clearly isn't the case. New helmet and reasonably new design but with reference to the current. Rhino prime showed us that much.

Drunken_Child hates hype threads!? Then he must hate me! :O

I find your wensday threads quite annoying. I don't hate your threads, I just try and derail them. I also think you could become stalker 2.0 with your obsession with Rebeca.

You are already fighting grineers,corpus & infested in thousands... Can't you just make peace give each other a tennofist?...