The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Attica

Knightmarez

Unless it's been changed and I missed it, the only thing I would want changed about the attica is that it isn't silent. Bows are silent. Why is this not silent?

It would be a fine "stealth rifle" option and all they have to do is set the noise to zero.

as a guy whos used every rifle in the game, the attica is by the far the worst thing i've had to rank to 30

it has inferior everything, but if there is ONE thing that could be buffed, is its reload speed

the time shooting the weapon is lame and painful, why should the wait to go through that business be just as painful

Didn't read the whole thread, but I wish this:

Attica should be nerfed by making it use Arrow ammo (all but requiring users to use the arrow ammo mutator mod),

BUT, Attica would also take Arrow mods: i.e. Thunderbolt. With a maxed thunderbolt and and maxed multishot, you would be getting constant big (though, granted, relatively low damage) explosions. This would be useful for targeting powerful single enemies surrounded by smaller, weak, more annoying enemies (think corrupted heavy gunners or techs surrounded by shield drones).

Attica should be nerfed by making it use Arrow ammo (all but requiring users to use the arrow ammo mutator mod),

BUT, Attica would also take Arrow mods: i.e. Thunderbolt. With a maxed thunderbolt and and maxed multishot, you would be getting constant big (though, granted, relatively low damage) explosions. This would be useful for targeting powerful single enemies surrounded by smaller, weak, more annoying enemies (think corrupted heavy gunners or techs surrounded by shield drones).

I agree with that change, but it would still be grossly inferior to the Dread in every imaginable way. It needs a lot more to be competitive.

This would be terrible.

Thunderbolt does a fixed amount of damage and stops killing things at around Lv20 or so. Trust me, you don't want this over increased damage/bolt speed/reload speed/everything else about the Attica. Unless you only run Lv15 and below. Then that's fine I guess.

Anyway, Rebecca did tell a member on this forum that they knew people didn't like the Attica and that it was being "looked at."

Edited by Noble_Cactus

You realize that I said its "okay," right?

You also said it had its strengths. Average headshot damage is not a strength, especially when you've got a nearly 3-second reload and a firerate so slow that it may as well be semi-auto.

You also said it had its strengths. Average headshot damage is not a strength, especially when you've got a nearly 3-second reload and a firerate so slow that it may as well be semi-auto.

The point of the screen shot was not necessarily to draw attention to headshot damage, but to show it is capable of working to a certain extent, moreso than what other people claim.

The attica does have strengths, one of the highest base damage outside of the snipers, excellent ammo efficiency, decent crit rate. These are all very desirable strengths,

But as many others have pointed out before hand, none of its stats and mechanics syngergize very well, resulting in only a decent weapon. 

Is it worth the forma to build? Probably not, but its not the only or the worst offender of this in the tech labs.

Edited by SirRagesAlot

The point of the screen shot was not necessarily to draw attention to headshot damage, but to show it is capable of working to a certain extent, moreso than what other people claim.

The attica does have strengths, one of the highest base damage outside of the snipers, excellent ammo efficiency, decent crit rate. These are all very desirable strengths,

But as many others have pointed out before hand, none of its stats and mechanics syngergize very well, resulting in only a decent weapon. 

Is it worth the forma to build? Probably not, but its not the only or the worst offender of this in the tech labs.

The issue with the Attica (and several other guns) is that is weaknesses can't even begin to be outweighed by its strengths, and by the time you dump enough formas into it for it to be any good, you could have simply used them on another weapon and ended up with something even better.

I want to like the Attica, I really do. It's got such a gorgeous model. But in its current state, it's terrible.

The issue with the Attica (and several other guns) is that is weaknesses can't even begin to be outweighed by its strengths, and by the time you dump enough formas into it for it to be any good, you could have simply used them on another weapon and ended up with something even better.

I want to like the Attica, I really do. It's got such a gorgeous model. But in its current state, it's terrible.

Not only that, but no matter how much you pimp out the Attica's damage, it's still going to have a painfully slow reload speed (even with mods), a low magazine cap, and an awkward, slow projectile at the end of the day. The weapon as a whole needs to be reworked from the ground up - like the bows, but with some twists to make the Attica unique.

Adding 25 base poison damage with what it currently has while boosting the stats for 15%, lowering the ammo amount to 4.

That would bring it to 140 dmg total with 4 shots with 3 sec reload time. Dmg would be distributed like I/P/S 10/80/25 and 25 Toxic. Increase crit chance to 30% and status to 30-50%. 

Also this weapon should be silent.

Man. This weapon sucks so much. It is truly rare for a weapon in this game to such as much as this one does. Among the crap weapons, I argue that this is the absolute crappiest. Even if this thing is buffed, I seriously doubt I would rebuild it.

I still think my idea of Smaller clip size, Longest reload in the game , higher damage, overal same dps......is the way to go. The weapons should *feel* different. They should be extreme in their strengths and weaknesses, not just grey goo

That *feels* more like the Vectis with a faster reload.

And no, we are not turning it into another sniper. Attica doesn't deserve it.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/223645-what-about-adding-special-once-per-session-ammo-for-the-attica/

Not only that, but no matter how much you pimp out the Attica's damage, it's still going to have a painfully slow reload speed (even with mods), a low magazine cap, and an awkward, slow projectile at the end of the day. The weapon as a whole needs to be reworked from the ground up - like the bows, but with some twists to make the Attica unique.

One small change I could go for is the possibility of a faster projectile. Or at the very least, a more noticeable projectile.

Unless it's been changed and I missed it, the only thing I would want changed about the attica is that it isn't silent. Bows are silent. Why is this not silent? It would be a fine "stealth rifle" option and all they have to do is set the noise to zero.

Have you heard a crossbow in real life? Dat sheez is LOUD. Not as loud as a gun, but still pretty noisy. If silence was added, make it like the latron.

You know the idea is good when random responses make no sense.

''we don't need another bow'' ,

it would feel nothing like a bow.

"we don't need another sniper"

who said anything about giving it a good zoom?

Crossbows are loud in real life? good point. The attica should not be silent like bows.

Crossbows are not loud in real life, not much more than bows, unless you are talking about a windlass crank bow.

youtube > crossbow > revelation  

Edited by Kyphe