The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Do Tenno Get All Their Energy From?

TMHowler

The Void. They channel energy from the Void.

EDIT: Ah, I see what you mean now. Well, they're mutated beings from the Void from what we can gather, so perhaps whatever needs they could have the Warframe suit does take care of them. But they most likely just need Energy, not anything else.

Edited by NightmareT12

Proteins vv

Greedy Milk.

---

Though, I'm guessing their Warframes provide them with some sort of nutrition. Otherwise, they'd need to eat or drink and since helms are interchangeable, it's a good guess they can be removed so they can actually eat and drink normally.

Or perhaps their internal physiology changed to make them need another mean of nutrition (or remove it altogether). Then again... maybe game magic.

Edited by Wiegraf

The Void. They channel energy from the Void.

EDIT: Ah, I see what you mean now. Well, they're mutated beings from the Void from what we can gather, so perhaps whatever needs they could have the Warframe suit does take care of them. But they most likely just need Energy, not anything else.

Like the Borg?

This is my incomplete and probably entirely wrong theory, but for what it's worth:

In the Ember Prime entry, the young child who burned the subject of the entry caused the burns spontaneously on physical contact.

I can compare this to grabbing an electrically charged fence.

It is infereable that the Tenno have large amounts of stored energy, perhaps infinite. It can be suggested that this energy is used to complete the bodies' various functions, without the need of sustenance. (As for what causes the difference in the Tenno's powers, I'm not positive. Varying exposure? Chance? The individuals themselves?) The energy you obtian in-game can be thought of as power for the suit to direct this innate energy into the abilities used in-game. In Excalibers' entry, it uses the wording "Conduit" to describe the function of the Warframe, and the Arid Fear event entry suggests this again.

But if this is hypothetically true, then why can't the suits use the Tenno's innate power, and has to rely on energy gained from external sources? Is the Tennos' innate energy just too overwhelming to rely on so heavily? Perhaps it's to limit what the Tenno can do, to an extent. The Tenno scared the Orokin, so perhaps they limited them out of fear?  (A very valid fear, as it happens.) Is there some trait of the Sentients that we don't know about that is the reason? There's not enough information.

Just my thoughts on it.

Proteins vv

---

Though, I'm guessing their Warframes provide them with some sort of nutrition. Otherwise, they'd need to eat or drink and since helms are interchangeable, it's a good guess they can be removed so they can actually eat and drink normally.

Or perhaps their internal physiology changed to make them need another mean of nutrition (or remove it altogether). Then again... maybe game magic.

Not necessarily removable helmets. I am under the impression that a body mutates into whatever Warframe it needs to use, hence the extreme anatomy features that each 'Frame has. It just takes time, and that's why it's not possible to do it in a mission, or the Tenno itself is extremely vulnerable in the process of shifting.

Not necessarily removable helmets. I am under the impression that a body mutates into whatever Warframe it needs to use, hence the extreme anatomy features that each 'Frame has. It just takes time, and that's why it's not possible to do it in a mission, or the Tenno itself is extremely vulnerable in the process of shifting.

If it was the case, there wouldn't be a need to 'craft' a new helmet and, using the Arcane variants, the passive boons and debuffs should take effect regardless of what helmet you wear since they could be morphed independently from the helmet and using different passive even when using an Arcane helmet that would normally provide a different kind of boon and debuff.

This is my incomplete and probably entirely wrong theory, but for what it's worth:

In the Ember Prime entry, the young child who burned the subject of the entry caused the burns spontaneously on physical contact.

I can compare this to grabbing an electrically charged fence.

It is infereable that the Tenno have large amounts of stored energy, perhaps infinite. It can be suggested that this energy is used to complete the bodies' various functions, without the need of sustenance. (As for what causes the difference in the Tenno's powers, I'm not positive. Varying exposure? Chance? The individuals themselves?) The energy you obtian in-game can be thought of as power for the suit to direct this innate energy into the abilities used in-game. In Excalibers' entry, it uses the wording "Conduit" to describe the function of the Warframe, and the Arid Fear event entry suggests this again.

But if this is hypothetically true, then why can't the suits use the Tenno's innate power, and has to rely on energy gained from external sources? Is the Tennos' innate energy just too overwhelming to rely on so heavily? Perhaps it's to limit what the Tenno can do, to an extent. The Tenno scared the Orokin, so perhaps they limited them out of fear?  (A very valid fear, as it happens.) Is there some trait of the Sentients that we don't know about that is the reason? There's not enough information.

Just my thoughts on it.

Or perhaps the external energy is used for startup, to ignite the channeling functions of the suit to deliver the energy from void...

Where do warframes/Tennos get their energy from?

DE 

Where else? 

Or blue orbs. What you dont find blue orbs jsut lying around where you live? 

Lore wise it will be the void. Its like saying "A wizard did it?".

Where does ember fire come from? The void.

How can Zephyr defy gravity? Well lighter than air alloy... and the void.

Where does Vauban get those orbs? The void.

How does spectre work? The void.

Why is frost affect by low temperatures? The void

What are hydroids tentacles? The void

Why Loki? The void

Or perhaps the external energy is used for startup, to ignite the channeling functions of the suit to deliver the energy from void...

I don't personally agree with the whole channeling from another dimension theory. It stretches things a bit too much. That is my opinion. Then again the concept of the Void in this game can let DE do anything. (As it completely ignores the laws of this universe, nothing is entirely out of the question.)

The theory that the energy is used to 'nudge' or cause the reaction that we see as abilities makes sense. What is not in motion needs an influence to put it in motion, after all.