The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Releasing The Aklato Prime And Dual Skana Prime [Please Be Civil And Constructive]

Mesyra

I think that the cores are probably the best solution. Doesn't mean it won't feel like a slap to the face, but it is still better than just strait up giving double mastery to non-founders...

the current cap is 16 cause we don't have enough mastery sources to get past it yet

Oh, so it's not an actual cap. Ok. I guess I can understand. I think a mastery rework would be needed then. You know, maybe mastery shouldn't be dependent on how many weapons and frames you've used. This has nothing to do with an Aklato Prime or Dual Skana Prime, and as such, this topic should be reserved for another thread.

I still want to see some reasons why people need to have the Aklato Prime and Dual Skana Prime as opposed to dual variants of other weapons.

You'd still have exclusive access to SKANA PRIME, regardless of its form. Or does it being a weapon as opposed to a model for a weapon matter so much?

Hell, DE could refund players a forma for each lost forma star in this change.

It was an exclusive weapon that we purchased, not a skin. To change that after the transaction has been completed would be dishonest at the very least, no?

I still want to see some reasons why people need to have the Aklato Prime and Dual Skana Prime as opposed to dual variants of other weapons.

Oh okay yeah back on topic hmmm... my personal stance? Because why not? I'm all for dual variants of other weapons too. I just don't see a reason why the aklato and dual skana primes should be seen as off the list forever.

Edited by Kazzamo

I'd be for either of those, honestly of the mind that event/exclusives should be cosmetic only anyway. Unless they are an "early access" thing like Brakk was.

Oh and the idea that someday everybody will hit max master, I think someone did the math on that and with the 1 weapon a week and frame however often they normally release them and so on it came out to almost 10 years before enough is added for everybody to hit rank 30 mastery.

Did that include the exponential increase per level of mastery or a static increase?

People want them as a way around the founder's only weapons.

Honestly, if you keep out the debate about exclusives and founders having more mastery... and just release them as normal weapons in the void... I have no problem with them being added...

My problem with this whole idea was just the idea of them giving double mastery to non-founders....

Edited by Cerokhol

It was an exclusive weapon that we purchased, not a skin. To change that after the transaction has been completed would be dishonest at the very least, no?

I see your point, but what would you have them do as the longer the game goes on the more voices there will be against exclusivity rather than for.  So how would you have them fix this?  

In that area we're probably a minority Cerokhol. I'd be fine if I logged in tonight and DE decided to give a copy of every exclusive and event weapon to every player and let everybody get on equal mastery footing. Others would be upset about the fact they paid for those weapons and they have a point when only talking about the single variant. So really the double mastery for non-founders or a full mastery rework thing there would be about the only way they could do it without being in legal trouble over the founders pack sales.

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter what it is as long as it has shared Mastery or some other system to help equalise it.

I still don't understand why you feel the need for this....

we honestly don't even know how big a difference one mastery rank will mean in the focus system... even if it is for one or two weeks that there is a difference we don't even know if it will be a substantial difference.

On paper, why not. On game, no thank you. Honestly, no founder gear. Period. Would you be cool if everyone would get all of the Prime access deal stuff for free. All of it. And you payed from them but for a reason or another now they would be completely released. Not only this but it would violate a law.

Yes, I still regret the day I did not decide to upgrade to GM. Many masters share this regret but so what. I came in terms with it a long time ago. I did not do when I had the chance to do it and you just weren't there to begin with. The whole reason why people want the founders gear is the privilege. And yes, I know dual versions is not technically the same but we bought our exclusivity and it shall remain so. Repeating the same ritual as much as you like but nothing is going to change.

Beta.

Also, DE owns everything Warframe.

You were sold access to those items, but it remains their property.

Would you rather they honoured the word or the spirit of your transaction?

In that area we're probably a minority Cerokhol. I'd be fine if I logged in tonight and DE decided to give a copy of every exclusive and event weapon to every player and let everybody get on equal mastery footing. Others would be upset about the fact they paid for those weapons and they have a point when only talking about the single variant. So really the double mastery for non-founders or a full mastery rework thing there would be about the only way they could do it without being in legal trouble over the founders pack sales.

Thats honestly the only solutions i see going forward as the problem will only increase with time and once xbox players get here....oooohhh boy do I see the flame wars happening.  

I see your point, but what would you have them do as the longer the game goes on the more voices there will be against exclusivity rather than for.  So how would you have them fix this?  

Founders stuff is for Founders. These items or any variants thereof will never be released. Threads attempting to challenge this are locked immediately. In other words, the status quo. People who want Founders stuff have to get over it.

Beta.

Also, DE owns everything Warframe.

You were sold access to those items, but it remains their property.

Would you rather they honoured the word or the spirit of your transaction?

You answer my question and I'll answer yours.

Oh okay yeah back on topic hmmm... my personal stance? Because why not? I'm all for dual variants of other weapons too. I just don't see a reason why the aklato and dual skana primes should be seen as off the list forever.

Well my problem is that they're wanted as a way to get around DE's No Re-release stance. Let's consider the exclusive single weapons. Why should DE give others the single versions just because there are a lot of complaints that they missed them? Does the complaining demand DE's appeasement? If not, then why does the issue need a "fix" that includes dual versions? Does the complaining demand DE's appeasement?

Again, discussions on mastery rank are side issues to the real "problem" that needs "fixing" - non-Masters and non-Grandmasters can't acquire the Lato Prime and Skana Prime, and this "fix" is a way to stop their complaining. It's purpose is to serve as a pacifier to those who don't care about acquiring the weapons, and it's a loophole to getting these weapons to those who do want them.

It's a way to get what they can't have, without actually getting what they can't have. And I don't see why the response should be any different considering what people are really after.

I'm not saying I don't want people to eventually get these weapons and frame, but this isn't the way I'd do it if I were in control of this (I'm sure some of you are glad I'm not). Again, I'd re-release everything, with some kind of compensation to founders (plat, free purchase of next Prime Access, something). Since that isn't an option, I just don't see why they can't release a dual version of another Prime weapon.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Founders stuff is for Founders. These items or any variants thereof will never be released. Threads attempting to challenge this are locked immediately. In other words, the status quo. People who want Founders stuff have to get over it.

No, it wouldn't be dishonest if they credited you your lost forma and gave you an Affinity booster to help you relevel anything.

Because you wouldn't have lost anything.

Your turn.

I still don't understand why you feel the need for this....

we honestly don't even know how big a difference one mastery rank will mean in the focus system... even if it is for one or two weeks that there is a difference we don't even know if it will be a substantial difference.

It will still be a difference no matter how you spin it and that perceived inequality will cause more headaches as we then have the whole P2W arguments to worry about popping up again.  And to be honest, that never goes well for games when those arguments have credence.  

there have been other mastery fixes mentioned in this thread, such as making exclusives tradable or releasing versions of exclusives that expire after 1 day of use but still count towards mastery points

making them tradeable would make both problems instead of just mastery related problems go away...

Edited by MerelyARumor

Oh I don't see them adding the duals as a fix at all. It's not, some people will still want the singles but they can't which is sad for me but that's part of the system. Adding the duals is just adding more content in that aspect, and since they already have the models and textures and all that they can apply those to the animations of the current dual skana/aklato and push out something technically new at a very quick and cheap rate for them. Would be a good "desperation" release later on if they get caught up working heavily on something and then go "Uh oh! We forgot to make some new primes!"

Tech any variants of the founders are fair game if you think otherwise i would suggest reading your agreement with DE on that.  You only paid for the single versions.  If you have proof saying otherwise please share with the rest of the group.

It's not dishonest to say one thing and do another. You have a skewed sense of morals but I'll run with it.

I am afraid I do not understand your question. Would I rather they honour the word or the spirit? I mean, I guess I'd rather they honoured the whole thing, right? I don't understand what you meant, maybe you can explain it more clearly?

Like I said... the best solution is a rework of the mastery system.... because the requirements for rank 30 are gonna be ridiculous

In the rework they would have to remove mastery from all founder's and removed weapons...

Maybe event gear, but they also mentioned that event rewards may be coming back...

Tech any variants of the founders are fair game if you think otherwise i would suggest reading your agreement with DE on that.  You only paid for the single versions.  If you have proof saying otherwise please share with the rest of the group.

You asked how I would have them fix the situation, not how I think they actually would or should. That was just my own best case scenario.

Edited by NightBeats

Like I said... the best solution is a rework of the mastery system.... because the requirements for rank 30 are gonna be ridiculous

In the rework they would have to remove mastery from all founder's and removed weapons...

Maybe event gear, but they also mentioned that event rewards may be coming back...

I think that once the event gear came back into the game like the brakk or detron then they could count towards mastery but otherwise if it is only from an event it shouldn't count towards mastery.