The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Releasing The Aklato Prime And Dual Skana Prime [Please Be Civil And Constructive]

Mesyra

Cant remember if i brought this up yet but Dual skana prime and Aklato prime are prime varients of the dual Skana and Aklato

Not the regular Skana and Lato

Just saying

No, they aren't. They're a dual variant of the Lato Prime and Skana Prime. You're not fooling anyone. The whole reason this is a suggestion is because people can't have the Lato Prime and Skana Prime. So this is clearly meant to be a dual version of those weapons. You're trying to twist what this is to make the idea more palatable.

No, they aren't. They're a dual variant of the Lato Prime and Skana Prime. You're not fooling anyone. The whole reason this is a suggestion is because people can't have the Lato Prime and Skana Prime. So this is clearly meant to be a dual version of those weapons. You're trying to twist what this is to make the idea more palatable.

Clearly isnt the right word to use there

If that were the case DE wouldve stated it more clearly from the start

I still see them as a prime variant of dual skana and aklato because they have entirely different animations and functions

I still see them as a prime variant of dual skana and aklato because they have entirely different animations and functions

in which case you wouldn't mind if they had entirely different models from the founders gear... because, you know, not double versions of founders...

right?

No, the whole thing was billed as a "solution to people wanting founders weapons". So, yes, it is pretty clear. It's also clear when you all just have to have the Aklato Prime and Dual Skana Prime instead of dual versions of better weapons. You can't have the Founders items so you want to get as close to them as you can. That's what this is about.

Again, you're not fooling anyone.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Then by all means. Explain how you intend to go about crafting a Akprime weapon, in a way that makes sense within the lore of the game, and doesn't involve ownership of a single variant.

Technically all prime weapons have parts. If you wanna use akbronco as a reference it had 2 bronco primes that is true but it also had something called the akbronco link. Just as the bronco prime had bronco prime parts. It would be fairly simple to label parts aklato barrel reciever stock etc. Same with dual skana with blade/handle. By some standard they can release parts named ak/dual for the primes. Though this is assuming that we are using akbronco as an example as its a poor example to begin with for how the way DE treat ak versions of primes because there is only 1 ak version of a prime. So there is no substantial proof that that is how it would be.

Lore wise is always flexible, your literally asking them to make something up. Imagination is limitless, besides that it was suggested before that they could have found a vault with ak/dual blueprints and parts. After all time has passed technically in game. It wouldnt be a stretch to imagine as time passes that tenno wouldn't explore more and find new things (like they do with the new weapons that come out)

page 69 ho (XD)

I fear that wouldn't work out... because there would still be people being like "Okay we got Dex... What's with Dual Skana Prime/Aklato Prime?", because they merely wouldn't understand that the Dex variants are the compromise. Also some people still would argue that it's a way to get around the exclusivity problem and therefore feel betrayed.

It's a step in the right direction if nothing else.

in which case you wouldn't mind if they had entirely different models from the founders gear... because, you know, not double versions of founders...

right?

Primed variant of an in game item that is available to everyone

No, the whole thing was billed as a "solution to people wanting founders weapons". So, yes, it is pretty clear. It's also clear when you all just have to have the Aklato Prime and Dual Skana Prime instead of dual versions of better weapons. You can't have the Founders items so you want to get as close to them as you can. That's what this is about.

Again, you're not fooling anyone.

I had always thought about dual skana prime and aklato prime before i even knew about the founders pack

I asked a friend how to get them and he told me about founders so for me its less about that and more about getting the aklato prime

I actually really liked the Aklato back in the day but sold it because i adnt yet started using plat and needed space to rank up

Also

Founders lose literally nothing when these items are released

Edited by Azawarau

Founders lose literally nothing when these items are released

And if you really think about it non-founders gain nothing when these items are released.

What you want some Akimbo weapon go make the aklex or akmagnum they most likely be better than an aklato prime. You want dual swords go make some dual ethersword or dual heat swords they too most likely be better than the dual skana prime.

Why are you people still debating about this. You should look forward to the new Loki Prime and the Sword and Shield that is coming later or soon.

Like many have posted on this thread, why  is it so important to have these items?

And if you really think about it non-founders gain nothing when these items are released.

What you want some Akimbo weapon go make the aklex or akmagnum they most likely be better than an aklato prime. You want dual swords go make some dual ethersword or dual heat swords they too most likely be better than the dual skana prime.

Why are you people still debating about this. You should look forward to the new Loki Prime and the Sword and Shield that is coming later or soon.

Like many have posted on this thread, why  is it so important to have these items?

A cool new weapon? More mastery points? More bling?

If thats the case then we should come together and tell DE not to release any weapon thats weaker than a current weapon

Youre purposely;y missing the point arent you?

A cool new weapon? More mastery points? More bling?

If thats the case then we should come together and tell DE not to release any weapon thats weaker than a current weapon

Youre purposely;y missing the point arent you?

they are making cool new weapons already. more mastery points for what youll never reach rank 16, if you rank 10 you pretty much reach the highest rank right now cause there is no items that are higher than rank 8 to use or craft, there is more bling loki prime. 

If founders lose nothing and non-founders gain nothing then whats the problem? Why would anyone be against it if nothing is lost or gain and its just an idea?

Edited by dragonkingdx

Because while what is lost to founders is not necessarily material, what would be lost is the exclusivity of the items founders paid for when they chose to support the game with the founders packs. It is not my personal opinion on the matter you understand, but to look at it this way, their never to be available again items would then be eclipsed by better versions of the same item. While I see the counter argument is; 'But the founders could have these new ones too and the old ones weren't that great', it doesn't change that feeling of lost exclusivity, that feeling of having something special, untradable and rare.

Because while what is lost to founders is not necessarily material, what would be lost is the exclusivity of the items founders paid for when they chose to support the game with the founders packs. It is not my personal opinion on the matter you understand, but to look at it this way, their never to be available again items would then be eclipsed by better versions of the same item. While I see the counter argument is; 'But the founders could have these new ones too and the old ones weren't that great', it doesn't change that feeling of lost exclusivity, that feeling of having something special, untradable and rare.

By technical terms of the game its not the same item. I understand the feeling of loss of something, when the cold hard facts state they are the same thats all thats left. But when people say others feeling on something means so little just because they want them to respect their own thats just sad within itself.

As it just seems bad to ask someone to respect your feelings on the issue when you cant respect the others :S You can always have differences but it just seems like everyone would rather take shots at each other over respecting the other sides feelings and working together to solve it. (grant it thats hard due to masses of people having different feelings)

Edited by dragonkingdx

If founders lose nothing and non-founders gain nothing then whats the problem? Why would anyone be against it if nothing is lost or gain and its just an idea?

SockBadger and many others have answer your questions:

the fact that if DE use the same design as the founders items it is then a lost of exclusivity.

and before some post that DE can change the design for aklato or dual skana, then why make an aklato or dual skana. they can just make new akimbo prime weapon and a new dual melee prime weapon. 

Edited by Xurix3000

SockBadger and many others have answer your questions

the fact that if DE use the same design as the founders items is a lost of exclusivity.

and before some post that DE can change the design for aklato or dual skana, then why make an aklato or dual skana. they can just make new akimbo prime weapon and a new dual melee prime weapon. 

But is that an excuse to not make it? No it isnt, by standards they can without breaking the agreement they had with founders. Founders will feel slapped yet others feel left out because they may have came too late/never had the chance. What many founders are asking is for anyone who is a non founder to respect their feelings while at the same time not respecting the non founder side of things. When you want people to respect you you should do the same for them. If many are so easy to go "no get over it" rather than try to work with them to help end it (to some degree as complaints will never truely stop) then you will always be at odds and both sides look like children who cant get over their differences and work together. One side screaming "mine" and another screaming "gimme", if everyone started respecting each others feelings on the situation and found some middle ground the issue would be done with for the most part.

One side wants a set of weapons that aren't released the others feel it would be bad and a loss of exclusivity if it is. Yet throughout the thread there were some compromises made yet we still get the initial new founder popping in shouting "no, lock thread nao". It seems everyone just wants to belittle each others feelings rather than try to understand each other

they are making cool new weapons already. more mastery points for what youll never reach rank 16, if you rank 10 you pretty much reach the highest rank right now cause there is no items that are higher than rank 8 to use or craft, there is more bling loki prime. 

So your argument is just look for another cool weapon instead of that one

Mastery may become more important in the future and theres no harm in trying to max out

Not like theres much else to do

You really havnt given a reason as to why not

Founders dont lose anything . You argue they dont gain anything either. They dont gain anything from new weapons in that case so whats the argument here?

What are you trying to defend thats so important

It's a step in the right direction if nothing else.

Don't know about this to be honest... It's more like a side-step by avoiding the original problem, with the topic still being brought up again and again even after something like Dex versions would come to existence.

But is that an excuse to not make it? No it isnt, by standards they can without breaking the agreement they had with founders. Founders will feel slapped yet others feel left out because they may have came too late/never had the chance. What many founders are asking is for anyone who is a non founder to respect their feelings while at the same time not respecting the non founder side of things. When you want people to respect you you should do the same for them. If many are so easy to go "no get over it" rather than try to work with them to help end it (to some degree as complaints will never truely stop) then you will always be at odds and both sides look like children who cant get over their differences and work together. One side screaming "mine" and another screaming "gimme", if everyone started respecting each others feelings on the situation and found some middle ground the issue would be done with for the most part.

One side wants a set of weapons that aren't released the others feel it would be bad and a loss of exclusivity if it is. Yet throughout the thread there were some compromises made yet we still get the initial new founder popping in shouting "no, lock thread nao". It seems everyone just wants to belittle each others feelings rather than try to understand each other

I know how the founders feel

ive been there in other games and always support less exclusivity

The problem here is many players are unwilling to bewnd in the slightest and would rather say no and derail the topic into fights and arguments then call for a lock than actually compromise

Fropm my PoV the founding fathers are too stubborn and unwilling to bend to other peoples sides

They can keep the lato and skana prime and excali prime simply because DE said exclusive

But this is something entirely different and would shut 70% of the arguments out

Don't know about this to be honest... It's more like a side-step by avoiding the original problem, with the topic still being brought up again and again even after something like Dex versions would come to existence.

Dex versions would be great but founders would claim thats a slap in the face despite it again having nothing to do with the pack they bought

Edited by Azawarau

Dex versions would be great but founders would claim thats a slap in the face despite it again having nothing to do with the pack they bought

Yepp, stated that one page ago. Doesn't mean I'm one of them, but Drew stated DE knows about that issue, and there have been various people in this thread supporting this view.

Also it would probably put an end to the complains for already existing players as they would know why the Dex versions came to existence, but it wouldn't prevent future players from asking why there are no Dual/Akimbo Primes.

Edited by MeduSalem

Straight no.

Because, as it was stated earlier, that would be just a straight spit in the face of founders.

And yea, jealous kids can go hell.

Ah be somewhat generous... Let the non-founders who are in the Design Council have fun with us!

This is the attitude of the founders who are absolutely unreasonable

Stubborn unwillingness like this has no place in debate whatsoever