The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Releasing The Aklato Prime And Dual Skana Prime [Please Be Civil And Constructive]

Mesyra

Well, the voice of Digital Extremes is the the Founders stuff isn't coming back, but that this doesn't apply to any variants. I'd like that to change, but in a way that the Founders don't get shafted. In lieu of that, dual versions with the models of the non-Prime variants, but with a Prime texture. So, essentially, you take the dual versions of the non-Prime ones and you give them a Prime skin that is a new texture. This would be in keeping with the way Azawarau sees these items, and released in a way that gives these guys Primed versions of these weapons but in a way that it's not the same as the Founders items. Would everyone be ok with that?

this would work well, but I think for most people the reason why they want the "founders specfic versions" of these weapons is the fancier model.

so my idea would be scrap the entire idea of the dual/ak prime versions, and replace the old lato and skana with a non primed version of the founders models. and any rework of these weapons, graphically or not, would open these up to be buffed quite nicely, if we ask DE and bat our eyelashes.

this would work well, but I think for most people the reason why they want the "founders specfic versions" of these weapons is the fancier model.

so my idea would be scrap the entire idea of the dual/ak prime versions, and replace the old lato and skana with a non primed version of the founders models. and any rework of these weapons, graphically or not, would open these up to be buffed quite nicely, if we ask DE and bat our eyelashes.

That'd work too. They look cooler, and different enough, yet similar to the Founders items (same model) that you can accurately say that the Founders versions are prime versions of the originals. But I'm not sure how many Founders would be ok with that.

The voice of DE is "No, we have no plans".

And good for you, but, that's like saying you should also be entitled to every Prime Access because you've spent $250 in total.

That's not how it works.

You paid $250, you got what you paid for. If you want what others got, you should have paid when that's what they were selling.

There is no chance of you getting any founders items, regardless of how much you seem to feel you're entitled to it.

DE has no plans to add dual variants. No plans to snub founders or anything like that.

No means no.

where in this did I say I felt entitled to the founders gear? where did I say I want it? I believe, in the OP of my thread, I said i did not want any of these items, and it was simply to appease a minority of whiners. why dont you actually read my post before replying next time, sir.

as ive stated many , many times before in this thread

1. The exclusives tradeable method - people can get the weapons they want, people with founders items can make alot of plat for selling what they deem is a very very useless group of weapons, founders still have there icons, founders can loan there weapons to friends so there friends can get mastery , founders in no way shape or form are FORCED to trade there items, only the willing will do it, if they want to trade..its there business, not yours, founder items in no way gets LESS rare seeing as there is the EXACT SAME amount of founder weapons still existent in the game...if you want to be recognized so badly, ask DE to put your name on the weapon name itself , founder items could get even rarer becuase some people might go hunt them down to npc them

2. Mastery rework - Mastery points removed from all exclusives (not just founders) compensational weapon ranking legendary cores are given for each exclusive removed from mastery to the players, that way there effort to get the mastery points are not wasted

3. Temporary exclusives - Potential rare drop or earned in some other means, an excalibur prime that expires in 24 hours but allows you to get mastery points for reaching rank 30 on it

4.Dual versions of the primes - IMO doesnt fix the issue, people will still want founders exclusives, people will still want mastery, founders will be annoyed...lose lose situation UNLESS proper fix is done first, on another note you could  combine this method with say, the exclusive trading method, making people try to trade there lato ps to make aklato ps...which would be interesting

5. Refund- Rerelease....Potential pool of profits from xbox ,ps4, and pc communities vs giant cost of refunding all founders....a gamble

6.Do nothing....its clearly working

1600 replies, I see why DE locks threads as soon as possible

Edited by MerelyARumor

The voice of DE is "No, we have no plans".

And good for you, but, that's like saying you should also be entitled to every Prime Access because you've spent $250 in total.

That's not how it works.

You paid $250, you got what you paid for. If you want what others got, you should have paid when that's what they were selling.

There is no chance of you getting any founders items, regardless of how much you seem to feel you're entitled to it.

DE has no plans to add dual variants. No plans to snub founders or anything like that.

No means no.

But he's not asking for the founder's items. He's asking for Prime aklatos and prime dual skanas. Do people seem to forget that these two things are different from the normal single held ones? 

So, you got what you paid for. A lato prime, skana prime, an Excalibur prime. And, we'll get what we payed for. If you feel that DE is cheating you, well, you better stop with your irrational entitlement. 

where in this did I say I felt entitled to the founders gear? where did I say I want it? I believe, in the OP of my thread, I said i did not want any of these items, and it was simply to appease a minority of whiners. why dont you actually read my post before replying next time, sir.

You've made a thread begging for two founders items over the one they have.

So, yes, you're asking for as close to what the Founder's paid for as possible.

To which the response from DE and a lot of people has been "No".

And you refuse to accept "No".

What will get you to accept the idea that founders actually want the exclusivity they were promised?

And you wont solve anything with that.

People that cry about them, would cry about them being hidden behind paywall. Only truth is that they want them as drops and for free. It is quite simple and easy.

They dont want to pay or to support the developers. They just want the items.

Ah I don't want to solve anything with it... At this point I've pretty much given up on the thought that there will be a so called "compromise" some people like to have when it's clear that there will never be one because of how different the opinions and views are. And that's not even including majority of the playerbase who would probably enrage if a change of this magnitude would be decided without the acknowledgment of every single person.

At this point I just want everyone who started this mess to suffer the same way they make the people suffer who paid for the exclusivity, either because they will have to deal with trolls themselves after that point or because they can't take the free ride to get items once again.

I guess at this point I've nothing else left to say in this thread, other than I agree to disagree on any of the proposed compromises other than the one with "put the stuff in Prime Access". xD

You know, now that you mention it VYR3, why are we concerned with appeasing whiners anyway? I mean, the reasons I want everything re-released isn't to appease whiners. It's to make Excalibur Prime and his stuff available the same way all the other Prime stuff is, while still remembering the founders and yes, refunding them in lieu of a monetary refund (again, yes, some sort of refund would have to happen if DE did this). Part of the reason you aren't seeing some Founders, and some non-Founders, jump behind this is because it's about appeasing whiners when the question is, WHY? Why should they be appeased? I'm fine with releasing different-looking Aklato Prime and Dual Skanas Prime weapons, just remember that it's about appeasing whiners, when not every one will be satisfied.

You know, now that you mention it VYR3, why are we concerned with appeasing whiners anyway? I mean, the reasons I want everything re-released isn't to appease whiners. It's to make Excalibur Prime and his stuff available the same way all the other Prime stuff is, while still remembering the founders and yes, refunding them in lieu of a monetary refund (again, yes, some sort of refund would have to happen if DE did this). Part of the reason you aren't seeing some Founders, and some non-Founders, jump behind this is because it's about appeasing whiners when the question is, WHY? Why should they be appeased? I'm fine with releasing different-looking Aklato Prime and Dual Skanas Prime weapons, just remember that it's about appeasing whiners, when not every one will be satisfied.

The children of Africa are whining about not having food. So, because they're whining, they shouldn't get what they want. 

(perfect logic, right?)

The children of Africa are whining about not having food. So, because they're whining, they shouldn't get what they want. 

(perfect logic, right?)

Right, they're "whining" about not having food. Are they? Or are they living the only life they know because they can't do any more on their own? The people of Africa aren't "whining" about anything. And if you call their predicament whining, then that sure tells me enough about you. Shut up. Nothing about their situation is "whining". Those are people who are actually in need. People here whining about not having something exclusive (access to food shouldn't be EXCLUSIVE, and it isn't) are not in NEED of Founders stuff. Go back to doing whatever it is you were doing before you decided to bring yourself on this thread.

And in case it's not clear, YES, I'm pissed.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

(perfect logic, right?)

There's a biiiiiiig difference between something that's necesary and something that's 'needed' out of envy.

Also way to escalate things.

You've made a thread begging for two founders items over the one they have.

So, yes, you're asking for as close to what the Founder's paid for as possible.

To which the response from DE and a lot of people has been "No".

And you refuse to accept "No".

What will get you to accept the idea that founders actually want the exclusivity they were promised?

I accept the founders exclusivity, I always have and will. but I have not, and will not , make a thread begging for the founders gear, I will not make a thread to beg, I had an idea that would appease a minority of players, but it appears as though another, much more narcissistic group of players, feels as though they are the dominants. while yes Digital Extremes would be wrong to release the founders items again, there is nothing wrong with, and never will be anything wrong with, adding an akimbo version of the lato and skana prime. this would allow founders to have a more powerful version of their weapons, and reduce the rift between the non founders and founders, I have gotten what I paid for, and so have you, what is the point in attempting to beat down something that would be beneficial to the majority of the community? what is the real harm in releasing new weapons, which during that release, would open up your special weapons to be buffed along side the new variants. founders have their exclusivity, my idea has not infringed upon that at all. you and a large portion of the founders are just blinded by the fact that you have a shiny and we dont and you dont wanna share. well you arent sharing, thats fine, new toys are made, better toys. look at the marelok and the grinlok, or even down to real life, take an i3-3100 and compare it to an i7-4770k, take a boeing 717 and compare it to a boeing 747, massive difference, no? things get better as time goes on, this game is full of power creep, this could be the start of a repair if only you would let go of your narcissistic nature and let progress and time take its course. stop fighting and maybe help come to a valid idea, instead of just saying no and acting like mr tough guy. 

Response bias.

Well that doesnt change much

We had a small productive exchange that turned into more junk somehow

Youre against prime but not dex ?

Is this really just an issue of pettiness

NO. I have repeatedly said that a compromise is to have the name but a different look. Dex would be a different look. Prime with the default model, and typical gold texture, would be fine, and I've said this before. What I don't want is an Aklato Prime that is nothing more than the Lato Prime (with same model and texture) in both hands. What I don't want is a Dual Skana Prime that is nothing more than the Skana Prime in each hand.

That wont sit too well

How about same name and look but founders get the weapon free and an exclusive skin for it

A skin.... Non founders are gonna bash us with hate.

Honestly

I think itd be ok

Itd be cool if it had a special engraving or aesthetic effect to it as well

Your opinion on yourself is biased, therefore cannot count.

Theres where it turned

I say "hey this would be cool for founders

You say

Your opinion doesnt count and youre biased and when i ask why i get no real answer

And yet im the one not wanting to compromise

I only made this thread thinking it would be 3 pages and locked, but would put the idea in the back of the devs minds that this would work to appease a minority, it has gone much farther than that, there have been quite a few valid ideas that would just work awesomely, but we have so many people blinded by "no its mine" that its not possible to make progress.

I only made this thread thinking it would be 3 pages and locked, but would put the idea in the back of the devs minds that this would work to appease a minority, it has gone much farther than that, there have been quite a few valid ideas that would just work awesomely, but we have so many people blinded by "no its mine" that its not possible to make progress.

Honestly

The greater majority by far are non founders

Something should be done in this situation

I don't see where Founders should get a weapon that looks different. If anything, make the non-Founder one different to distinguish it from the Founders item. Because Founders already have stuff that sets them apart so to speak. So adding the existing status symbol x2 and giving that to non-Founders (really non-Masters and non-Grandmasters) seems to undermine that. I'm just curious, what'd be wrong with using the non-Prime models (but with textures that are very similar to those on the Prime model) instead of the current Founders item models?

@VYR3 the issue isn't just Founders who don't want to give it up. It's those who just have to settle for weapons that look just like the Founders items. If the goal was just to get some similar weapons, you'd have more compromise. But instead, the goal is to get the Founders items without getting the Founders items. The goal is to get around the exclusivity issue, and with that motivation, you're not going to get most Founders on board with your idea because it's no different than when people were whining about not having Founders stuff. And when you have people on the opposite side who aren't willing to compromise on the look of the weapon, then that is just as stubborn as those who say, as you say, "No it's mine".

The guys who aren't interested contribute just as much as the guys who are in my opinion. No idea is perfect. Nothing pleases everyone. Get enough people talking seriously about what does please them and what they consider absolutely necessary and soon you see people sharpening their ideas to try to better suit as many different viewpoints as possible. 

People with ideas should welcome someone ready to try to explain whats wrong with it. After that the ball is in your court. How do you account for this? Can you account for that? Gotta be willing to be flexible.

I don't see where Founders should get a weapon that looks different. If anything, make the non-Founder one different to distinguish it from the Founders item. Because Founders already have stuff that sets them apart so to speak. So adding the existing status symbol x2 and giving that to non-Founders (really non-Masters and non-Grandmasters) seems to undermine that. I'm just curious, what'd be wrong with using the non-Prime models (but with textures that are very similar to those on the Prime model) instead of the current Founders item models? 

It wouldnt be much different would it?

We could do that and have founders hold their status symbol or give them something new and they can keep the old as a bonus

Or

Realize still that its not the same weapon and has nothing to do with the founders package still

Honestly

The greater majority by far are non founders

Something should be done in this situation

this is true, but the whining little fools are the minority, more people are like myself and dont give two S#&$s about any of these weapons. 

my loadout is one of two things.

valkyr: empty/soma marelok jatkittag

or

loki: dread/soma hikou hate/dual zorens.

I would never farm these parts for these weapons, its not worth it to me, but it is to other people, enough to annoy me and many other people enough to make these threads.

i cant believe this thread is still open.. the answer will always be NO DE has already stated founders gear will NEVER BE AVAILABLE AGAIN end of story end of thread stop complaining stop making threads stop. stop. stop.

Another mine post

Its not a founder weapon and is perfectly on the table for discussion

I accept the founders exclusivity, I always have and will. but I have not, and will not , make a thread begging for the founders gear, I will not make a thread to beg, I had an idea that would appease a minority of players, but it appears as though another, much more narcissistic group of players, feels as though they are the dominants. while yes Digital Extremes would be wrong to release the founders items again, there is nothing wrong with, and never will be anything wrong with, adding an akimbo version of the lato and skana prime. this would allow founders to have a more powerful version of their weapons, and reduce the rift between the non founders and founders, I have gotten what I paid for, and so have you, what is the point in attempting to beat down something that would be beneficial to the majority of the community? what is the real harm in releasing new weapons, which during that release, would open up your special weapons to be buffed along side the new variants. founders have their exclusivity, my idea has not infringed upon that at all. you and a large portion of the founders are just blinded by the fact that you have a shiny and we dont and you dont wanna share. well you arent sharing, thats fine, new toys are made, better toys. look at the marelok and the grinlok, or even down to real life, take an i3-3100 and compare it to an i7-4770k, take a boeing 717 and compare it to a boeing 747, massive difference, no? things get better as time goes on, this game is full of power creep, this could be the start of a repair if only you would let go of your narcissistic nature and let progress and time take its course. stop fighting and maybe help come to a valid idea, instead of just saying no and acting like mr tough guy. 

So, you're now just resulting to insults.

I'm not being "Narcissistic" I was promised "Exclusivity" and shown a picture of a Skana Prime. As this thread has proven and as DE has proven they are aware, suddenly making two Skana Primes would definitely push the line of acceptability against Founders. Now, clearly you feel Founders have slighted you in some way, but, regardless, we are here for the good of the game the developers do seem to have a level of respect for those whom helped the game get off the ground.

Thus, given they have shown they are aware that founders would not be happy with this slight, and declared they have no plans to do anything of this sort. It seems very odd that it's now somehow my fault for them having this quite clear position.

You're bringing up examples in real life, which have no relation what so ever. Nobody buys an i3 and is sold "Exclusive Intel CPU". So, what does that even remotely have to do with this situation?

There is no Rift between Founders and Non-founders.

There are people whom seem to think that Founders didn't Found the game and thus aren't worth a reward and through jealousy want what they have. And then there are people whom just want to keep was DE sold them.

And everyone else really doesn't care.

If people wanted this, you would not get this massively overwhelmingly negative response this thread has done.

You're pushing for something not many people want, and bringing up arguments not many people agree with. And then still acting like your "Debate" has any leg to stand on.

It's frankly bizarre. I'm sorry. But, No means no.

You cannot just keep posting until they give you it. They have said no. Founders have said no.

Average players have said no.

So please, take No for an answer.

this is true, but the whining little fools are the minority, more people are like myself and dont give two S#&$s about any of these weapons. 

my loadout is one of two things.

valkyr: empty/soma marelok jatkittag

or

loki: dread/soma hikou hate/dual zorens.

I would never farm these parts for these weapons, its not worth it to me, but it is to other people, enough to annoy me and many other people enough to make these threads.

I dont much care for dual skana

Lato prime was one of the early weapons that i just loved to use

An Aklato prime would definitely be a nice toy for when im not ranking weapons or blasting things with my stuggy

It wouldnt be much different would it?

We could do that and have founders hold their status symbol or give them something new and they can keep the old as a bonus

Or

Realize still that its not the same weapon and has nothing to do with the founders package still

But again, why should Founders get something new? They already paid for their "old". That's no different that the suggestions in other threads months ago that said "give all the Founders stuff to the public, and give the Founders some other exclusive items". Why? Why can't the public get something new?

Right, they're "whining" about not having food. Are they? Or are they living the only life they know because they can't do any more on their own? The people of Africa aren't "whining" about anything. And if you call their predicament whining, then that sure tells me enough about you. Shut up. Nothing about their situation is "whining". Those are people who are actually in need. People here whining about not having something exclusive (access to food shouldn't be EXCLUSIVE, and it isn't) are not in NEED of Founders stuff. Go back to doing whatever it is you were doing before you decided to bring yourself on this thread.

Actually, in theoretical terms, no one really needs anything. Your morals do not matter to me nor does it (or should it) matter to anyone else. If you wish to push your viewpoints of the world onto that's your choice, but I will not have any of it. So, basically, the people in Africa don't truly need food. Their death holds no weight on the balance of the world. If they rely on someone else for their own survival, and especially if it's an entire society, they're doing something wrong. For the idea of shelter, they can very easily make it with a couple of sticks. Or, if they want to make a decent one, they could find a shovel or any other tools that could be used to dig, and just sleep in their without having to worry about most natural weather. Damn, even morals aren't needed to apply simple logic. Being humane is not needed in that type of situation, and even helping them is hurting humanity. Though, this is only for the sake of argument, and I personally do not believe in this. But, seeing as you have a strange way of thinking, I would just provide that. 

And, also in theoretical terms, we could actually be in need of damnation of the founder items. Now, let's just get a simple example with a simple human from god knows where:

Billy was being bullied at school. Billy felt as if no one liked him, and no one truly cared for him at all. Billy relied on the computer for an outlet, a source of happiness and understanding from other people, and used it everyday. But one day, Billy, came up to a game known as "Warframe." Warframe was an amazing game full of many, many features. After playing the game for a while, he found a person with a variant of the original starting gear. He searched all over the internet on how to get it, but found out that it's only exclusive to certain people who played and registered into the closed-beta era of Warframe, in which only an exclusive selected people could actually play and test the game for themselves.  Billy felt cheated. But then, he got an idea! The idea was extremely simple, how about a damnation of the old founders gear? He quickly went to the forums to show how proud he was of his idea. Everyone shot him down and called him a beggar, a whiner, an entitled idiot. He then went to a great state of depression of feeling left out. The only place in which he believed he was accepted was the place that insulted him like that. He was at the brink of suicide. 

Now, Billy's life is endangered, correct? Does this not give him the right to say that the exclusivity is killing him? Now what is the reason for this? Is it because of the people who called him such? Or the narcissists out there that believe everything should be kept to themselves? The world will never know.