The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Items Obtained From Events.

I've noticed that certain items are only obtainable from participating in events. I understand that idea to a certain point because if you want those items then you have to participate in the event to get them. But for new players like myself who started playing this game a month ago, we get shafted because we will never have the opportunity to get those items that are only obtainable through participating in events.

So why can't they make those items obtainable for new players through alert missions, void missions, or orokin derelict missions?

Well, I'd say it's sort of a reward for being here longer. Now, don't get me wrong, I understand your point. Maybe, maybe, D.E. will have a sort of "Redemption" sort of task in which you can get previous items. But I find that unlikely. At least you don't have to look at them in your codex.

we get shafted because we will never have the opportunity to get those items that are only obtainable through participating in events.

That's not correct. Events serve more as early access than anything else. DE has called very little 'exclusive' themselves and that's more-so the community widely assuming. We've already seen event items come back (Brakk / Detron) though I suppose their time table might seem a bit too slow to offer much hope immediately.

Maybe next time we have a Wednesday without a weapon to release or where they want to do clan tech, they could do something to put in an old event item instead of saying we get nothing until next week.

Edited by VKhaun

some rewards are obtainable through trading. Those items won't hinder your gameplay. Just be here for the next events. I missed a few events and I'm not crying about them. It sucks, you were not here. There is no compensation or redo  needed, it is a part of life.

I've noticed that certain items are only obtainable from participating in events. I understand that idea to a certain point because if you want those items then you have to participate in the event to get them. But for new players like myself who started playing this game a month ago, we get shafted because we will never have the opportunity to get those items that are only obtainable through participating in events.

So why can't they make those items obtainable for new players through alert missions, void missions, or orokin derelict missions?

You must be new to online gaming....

Perfect answer... Also why should people not get exclusives just because you started playing a week ago when we have been playing for a year?

eV15eii.png

Been playing that long, and I have no event items -.-

I'm pretty sure some of the old event exclusives will be re released as rewards for later events, and even if not new events will come with their own exclusive rewards. I started right after Cicero crisis and I was feeling pretty left out with no Cicero mods or wraith vipers but along came tethra and now I have a shiny new gorgon wraith and some sweet electric + status mods, so to all new players all I gotta say is hang tight there are gonna be lots of new exclusives to get your hands on as time goes by.

DE has mentioned several times that event / retired weapons are "in the vault" and my be pulled back out and brushed off at a later point in time.

It seems logical that the proxy wars will allow those old event items to be acquired in the future and/or at any time DE can restart an older event again.

patience. 

I think they should have all these event items on a cycle, and that they should very regularly (once a month) have some big event (or medium sized event) that brings back these items. DE claims that everything that was an event item is open to being re-released, but that means nothing if you don't actually plan on re-releasing it.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

The only weapons I'd like to see back are the Machete Wraith and the Prova Vandal from the Gradivus Dilemma event. If you wanted both, you'd have to do 200 missions for one side and 100 for the other, that was a lot of time spent getting both. Sure, the Prova Vandal is nice and shiny and possibly better than the original, I don't know, but if it doesn't happen, I'm fine. DE is thinking like Disney, where Disney keeps movies in their 'vault' for a few years and release a remastered version, and it works. Disney makes bank by doing so, and I think if DE were to bring back the event items, it'll re-attract old interest. I don't mind if they don't, but meh, I guess all the completionists want them.

I fidnt play in said events that everyone talks about not getting the mods from. Now that being said... why should they release them? In every other game ive pkayer event mods/parts/skins/etc remains just that, from the event. Regardless of the point in time in which u started playing either u had the chance or u didnt. Release everything... or nothing... in my opinion. I see people saying no founders stuff (which I dont care either way) but the same people sayingthey should release the event mods.... its making my head hurt. If they release the event mods...again the events I DID NOT participate in, i would hope everything else gets release right along with it... ie: founders, vandel, ceiro, tethra and so on... fair is fair correct... or at least thats what i read daily about the release of MOST i "EXLUSIVE" "EVENT" stuff.... js, its all getting old