June 6Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Referring to the Founders, "No active plans" and "We're not going to" can be very different. Previous statements have been more along the lines of the latter, as a definite, "we will not be releasing founders items again". My understanding was that founders exclusives were not coming back, period. If this has changed, just come out and explicitly say so. If not, just say they will remain exclusive. Deal with the consequences of your decision instead of continuing to act indecisive, because all that statement is telling me is "we're gonna keep being indecisive about this stuff because we don't wanna &!$$ anyone off because of a decision/promise we made and reiterated several times."

What of exclusives that are not tied to an event, like the Braton and Lato Vandal?

Hey... I think the exclusive founder content is going to stay...idk exclusive... I have a nephew like you. You tell him no and he asks you the same question in another way as if he can trick a yes out of your wall of NO's ... I think he got it from my wife... ~_~

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

so the "COMMUNITY" hot topics arent about the "community" anymore. Its just stuff thats bothering the developers...

yes. (no... silly but your statement is a tad pretentious and I could not resist) Now that you have that down proceed with life and merriment.

Why don't you (DE) just put Excaliber Prime and Skana Prime in the Tenno clan research?  For like 100 Orokin Cells, 1,000 Gallium, 50,000 Rubedo, and 10 Forma. For researching (that could take 1 month to research) and the same amount of resources for building? (That could also take 1 month)

Hey... I think the exclusive founder content is going to stay...idk exclusive... I have a nephew like you. You tell him no and he asks you the same question in another way as if he can trick a yes out of your wall of NO's ... I think he got it from my wife... ~_~

Sorry if I like to be explicit. "No Plans" means exactly that; No plans. It leaves an opening for DE to come in 6 month down the road and to decide to make them not exclusive. If you haven't figured it out, I'm for them keeping it all exclusive, lato/braton vandal AND founder's items. I just want them to be explicit and not so half and half. Just say it straight, and don't try to appease both sides like this is all I want. And if they decide to keep it exclusive, and make all the newer people that want it made, then so be it, deal with the consequences. If they decide to make it open, then do so, and deal with the consequences.

Why don't you (DE) just put Excaliber Prime and Skana Prime in the Tenno clan research?  For like 100 Orokin Cells, 1,000 Gallium, 50,000 Rubedo, and 10 Forma. For researching (that could take 1 month to research) and the same amount of resources for building? (That could also take 1 month)

Batman laughs...

Edited by BloodArmoredApostle

I for one would love to see the event mods(Cicero, tethra) re-introduced into the nightmare mod pool. Until the mods are rebalanced, those are the only way to build a DECENT status load out on most weapons. As for the founder's exclusives, the weapons would be nice, but Excalibur Prime aside from looking cool(like all primes) adds nothing to gameplay, and yes I'm aware of the speedy Rhino Prime. Excalibur Prime is nothing more than a cosmetic item.

No, no, no, no, no. They're not letting us (Non founders) Have these things. Neither should they. Now get over it.

I think some Event weapons could be tied to high tier rewards for the faction-based proxy wars, like somebody said. That's logical, and you have to work hard to get it. Maybe introduce some challenging conditions to be met to get them. 

As for founders items, just give others a bp or item to give that amount of xp

They shouldn't return for PC, as the founders paid for it.

How about make this to new raid? Cyclically some maps appear. umm.. I think picking one in day of week will be fine. or make key like Hek or Tethra's doom. When Tenno complete this mission, the Tenno get some points. And gather this point, trade with event rewards like mods and emblem. 

Think about this. Grineer and corpus has huge power and army than tenno. Why they give up their one of the major project? Just attaking and disturbed by bandit? it's ridiculous. If I were they, I'll set more guard, army, and send assassin to tenno.

Excalibur prime should be awarded after 2 years of gameplay, because you are loyal to the game.

i've have been around since before a lot of the founders, but exclusive items for money is wrong except for cosmetics (and excalibur prime is just not a cosmetic item).

seeing all this "mine mine mine" is disgusting.

Whatever happened to the Tenno sword & board, and the Corpus cryo gun? Nothing has been said about them in quite a while...

It's been several months since the community melee weapon contest ended. It'd be nice to get some updates about their progress...

"AI"

First of all I'm not really sure that being a space ninja really shoud mean "killing hordes of these guys". But oh well.

As for enemies dying too fast is mostly the result of 2 things:

- Our powerful and easily accessible abilities.

- Their AI is dumb.

First: our abilities are too easy to spam. Sure, we should be able to use them, but even without energy restoration aura (let's not forget the inexpensive energy recharger gear), it's kinda easy to fire off a few ultimates. They are powerful and should be - but that means that we shouldn't be able to use them on every corner.

As for second - If someone says making AI better is a waste of time then... not sure how I should communicate this... no offense but it sounds like that person never played games in this genre. Don't wanna be too blunt but that's my impression knowing quite a bit about games (both as player and not as one). The moment an AI no longer offers their back so easily, no longer walk around aimlessly in a corridor, they are harder to kill by multitudes.

The moment they properly stick to cover (and explosions do not go through walls) they will be pretty much protected against ranged projectiles.

Also if someone is hit and cannot run/jump into cover, what does that person usually do? Raise a hand, try to at least jump out of the way, hit the ground etc. The current enemies just stand there, occasionally staggered and take it all. Suicidal. Of course they die fast.

I'm not saying you have to make them highly intelligent commando but still, a regular army, especially like the Grineer that supposedly have mandatory military training for even women (is told on the mission with Kela) it's hard to believe that they are that dumb.

I accept that heavies cannot just "jump" into cover or out of fire - but they actually look like raising an arm as defense against incoming fire might actually help them - at least cover their head and such, crouch. Also since they are heavies, it feels better to make them grab onto something to use as cover or even onto you and throw you.  All in all enemies don't react that much to you. You slash them with your blade, they might get staggered (or not) and they just stand there, trying to aim at you again. Anyone else would try to defend against that, if you slash at them they stap back, raise their weapons at least to block yours or if you are that close and in melee mode... well, kinda expectable that you will melee so they are better off either jumping away or switching to melee themselves and using block themselves.

Enemies tend plain tend to ignore the situation - they are in cover, you are shooting, trying to hit them and they just sit there. If you notice that cover is not sufficient you would move in cover or hunker down to offer less surface. What they do? They duck out to see where you are - and get shot. No wonder we kill them so easily.

Yes, programming AI is hard. Yes, programming a proper reaction into an enemy for every case is kinda impossible - but I don't think giving up is the way. The infested is right there for a dumb enemy, and so are the moas. With a Grineer bosses being so hell bent on immortality I doubt they look at themselves that differently than a normal person would - they don't want to die so playing it meat-grinder style feels... unbelieavable.

Corpus are already merchants, not even great soldiers so I'm surprised they don't just cover in... cover. Guess they do have to have security forces - and if they are still here that means that at least partially, they are up to par with the Grineer and their cloned/modified soldiers so they shouldn't be that dumb either.

No, I do not wish for a complete cover-fighting game like many out there - more like something in between. The current enemies are just plain suicidal, they care not about their own health and tent to not react the situation (like being shot means you are at the wrong place).

Exclusives Gear

It is understandable to give something to those contributing to the game - again, it would be nice if that didn't include things that are essentially affecting gameplay and are inaccessible to others. I mean Excalibur prime and his arsenal isn't something I particularly want - but with that in the picture those who got it got extra XP for their profiles and since the plan is to make mastery ranks worth it it gives advantage to players who got these things, advantage that no love or playtime can overcome (or money at this point since you cannot buy them again).

I would give early access, or fast access to certain things, but certainly not put out exclusive gear that gives xp but cannot be obtained anymore. Or plain give them but do not let them affect xp. That way the main problem is solved and you still give exclusive gear. Some people might (hell they will) hate me for this but I would take XP gathered from leveling exclusive stuff that will never appear again, like the Excalibur prime and other alpha/closed beta rewards. Maybe Snipetron Vandal's too if it won't be accessible again (I own one myself too). Etc.

I know I know - if you have a better idea (that still fits the fairness I'm trying to achieve) I'm all for it.

As for the second part, there was an even that rewarded players with Primed chamber and the like kind of mods. I purposedly skipped that event plain because I didn't want to obtain exclusive mods that are too powerful. If they are accessible normally (albeit hard to get) it's fine - but if they are only for the chosen few and make the game so much easier... I don't want them. It feels like cheating or getting the favorable treatment because I was there for the event.

So I would make these mods accessible in some form - at least through transmutation. Also make transumtation less random: rare cards should only yield rare card, also used polarity should give 25% for the same polarity to appear on the resulting mod. So if you use 4 different polarities, you have 25% for each to roll - and I mean individually rolled so it's not a 100% that you get one of them.

Example:

Using polarities of A, B, C, D. Transmute, game rolls for first mod, 1-100, if it's 25 or lower, you get A. If it's not A, then the game rolls for second mod, if it's lower or equals 25, it's B. etc. If it's not D the game randomly chooses a different polarity (any that is not part of the 4).

Exclusives Gear

As for the second part, there was an even that rewarded players with Primed chamber and the like kind of mods. I purposedly skipped that event plain because I didn't want to obtain exclusive mods that are too powerful. If they are accessible normally (albeit hard to get) it's fine - but if they are only for the chosen few and make the game so much easier... I don't want them. It feels like cheating or getting the favorable treatment because I was there for the event.

So I would make these mods accessible in some form - at least through transmutation. Also make transumtation less random: rare cards should only yield rare card, also used polarity should give 25% for the same polarity to appear on the resulting mod. So if you use 4 different polarities, you have 25% for each to roll - and I mean individually rolled so it's not a 100% that you get one of them.

Example:

Using polarities of A, B, C, D. Transmute, game rolls for first mod, 1-100, if it's 25 or lower, you get A. If it's not A, then the game rolls for second mod, if it's lower or equals 25, it's B. etc. If it's not D the game randomly chooses a different polarity (any that is not part of the 4).

The second part of what you said doesn't make too much sense. Unless you just want stuff handed to you...that is what this translates to.

Edited by BloodArmoredApostle

Could you stop beating around the bush and just state no already? Based on your past responses it's clear that's what you actually want to say but you're trying to appeal to everyone and it's evident that isn't working at all.

It's responses like these which keep producing thread after thread, usually ending in the same result.

For lack of a better way of putting it - man up and actually make a statement about it rather than dancing around it.

Pretty much this. I will say though that Steve did say this in the stream. A most definite NO. What we need is a stickied thread with very specific language so that the armchair lawyers can't try and come up with anymore plots.

The general response given is a soft answer. Put your foot down on it please

YCu8swm.jpg

WOW you got a lot games that are more fun and enjoyable to play and there are not "free to play" i see that spend a lot of money in Steam though, why do you play "free to play" game rather that other games that you bought.

Edited by Histori

Could you stop beating around the bush and just state no already? Based on your past responses it's clear that's what you actually want to say but you're trying to appeal to everyone and it's evident that isn't working at all.

It's responses like these which keep producing thread after thread, usually ending in the same result.

For lack of a better way of putting it - man up and actually make a statement about it rather than dancing around it.

I suspect that even a response etched in stone would not stop people from wanting to discuss reintroducing founders items. As long as the threads are respectful and productive, that's ok.

We've made a few statements about founders gear (like the one in my original post). We have no active plans to re-release founders gear (maybe if the sun is about to implode, or something, we might consider it). 

My suggestion is if you don't want idle speculation, leaked information, or datamined information, then be more forthcoming with information then people will have no reason to speculate or datamine.

So, announce new stuff before we announce new stuff? 

I suspect that even a response etched in stone would not stop people from wanting to discuss reintroducing founders items. As long as the threads are respectful and productive, that's ok.We've made a few statements about founders gear (like the one in my original post). We have no active plans to re-release founders gear (maybe if the sun is about to implode, or something, we might consider it).

Think the main thing is that it gives people something solid to refer to. The problem is the wording. Granted, your last sentence there pretty much gives a solid answer. Another part of the problem is that discussions appear, loopholes are suggested, go in a circle and I imagine that it then eventually results in worse relations between certain parties. Edited by Naith

Whatever happened to the Tenno sword & board, and the Corpus cryo gun? Nothing has been said about them in quite a while...

It's been several months since the community melee weapon contest ended. It'd be nice to get some updates about their progress...

Did you catch the info from Devstream 29?

Think the main thing is that it gives people something solid to refer to. The problem is the wording. Granted, your last sentence there pretty much gives a solid answer. Another part of the problem is that discussions appear, loopholes are suggested, go in a circle and I imagine that it then eventually results in worse relations between certain parties.

Part of they way it's worded is so it's not a lie, but also in case it actually happens in the future we can't turn around and get mad saying "but you said you wren't going to do etc etc "  ~  

Honestly there is no point in getting upset at possibilities.   In reference to all the speculation on the topics in this thread,  don't worry about what mgiht come, but what the devs had said will come and what mgiht come.  It's not worth *@##$ing about things that they say "most likely will not happen " 

right