Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excaliber Warframe Special Moves

Archivian

Question

Hi everyone.

As I understand it, each warframe has special abilities.

I thought they drop over time so you can unlock the,

However, I've put in over 30hrs of play, maxed out my suit and sword. But still I only have Slash Dash as my suit ability. Can someone let me know if I am missing something? or if there is a way to unlcock the other special moves.

Thanks.

13 answers to this question

Off-topic question: Do I get 4 skills mod when a warframe blueprint is completed?

Nope, gotta find the powers as you play. A bit of work but it makes finding the cards more rewarding as loot :3

Plus multiples make it much cheaper to lvl cards :3

no i definitely didnt fuse them by accident. Also I only ever got Slash Dash

I thought I had to pick up the other moves like with mods, as I seem to pick up the warframe special abilities for other warframes.

But I have never come across one for The Excaliber warframe.

U think it might be a bug? if so is there a way i can report it and hopefully get it fixed.

TBH I really like the slash dash move. But i have never even seen the other moves to even know if they are any good.

Nope, gotta find the powers as you play. A bit of work but it makes finding the cards more rewarding as loot :3

I just built Saryn and got her four ability cards when I claimed her from the foundry.

no i definitely didnt fuse them by accident. Also I only ever got Slash Dash

I thought I had to pick up the other moves like with mods, as I seem to pick up the warframe special abilities for other warframes.

But I have never come across one for The Excaliber warframe.

U think it might be a bug? if so is there a way i can report it and hopefully get it fixed.

TBH I really like the slash dash move. But i have never even seen the other moves to even know if they are any good.

you other abilities are an AoE stun that is sort of neat but costs 50 energy and you probably could have killed all the stuff you wanted to blind with 2 slash dashes but is cool against bosses; your third is just a jumpjet that lets you spend 10 energy to doa very high jump, and your final skill is just an AoE nuke around you that shoots spikes in every direction and impales stuff to walls if it can. Honestly Slash Dash is your best skill!

Yeah slash dash is pretty much the bread ad butter if you compare it with other skills.

Movement:

Super Jump can be overcome with just your normal traversing skills

Escape/Stun:

Radial Blind isn't a bad choice but it needs to be upgrades to be practical.

AoE Attack:

Radial Javilin does a lot of damage (1000 at level 1) to surrounding enemies but it needs upgrades to increase it's range

Slash Dash has a little bit of the three moves combined and at a low cost as well (even lower if you use a maxed Streamlined mod, -30% energy use). Good for moving between laser doors, extra reach to a jump, taking out enemies, escaping from enemies while trapped; it's uses are pretty viable for many situations.

you other abilities are an AoE stun that is sort of neat but costs 50 energy and you probably could have killed all the stuff you wanted to blind with 2 slash dashes but is cool against bosses; your third is just a jumpjet that lets you spend 10 energy to doa very high jump, and your final skill is just an AoE nuke around you that shoots spikes in every direction and impales stuff to walls if it can. Honestly Slash Dash is your best skill!

Well thanks for at least letting me know what they do lol.

And also thanks for letting me know I'm supposed to start with them. I have posted a ticket and hopefully they will sort it out.

Whilst we are on the subject of warframe abilities.

Do you all think its good to get all the abilities at the start?

Only because in the end I thought either I had to find them as loot, which made looting more fun, as I was hoping to hit the jackpot (a lottery i was never gonna win it seems :( ) and then I thought maybe I would be awarded an ability when I level up and did that qualifying mission. Which obviously didn't happen.

But do you think having ur specials either hidden in loot or received at the end of certain missions would be better than getting them all at the start.

Coz the upside is that it gives you another goal to aim for and so play more, and ended up having some great games with people in the process.

what should i do i fuse them by accident?

Nothing you can do except wait for them to drop :/ Infested missions will drop skill cards a bit more often than grineer or corpus.

And just to reemphasis that

Nope, gotta find the powers as you play.

is incorrect, you do get rank 0 copies of a suit's abilities when you claim that suit from the foundry.

Off-topic question: Do I get 4 skills mod when a warframe blueprint is completed?

Yes you do.

No, I'm sorry, but as I will confirm and others will also, you do indeed receive the abilities at Rank 0 upon crafting and claiming a new Warframe.