The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's Up With Oxium?

noveltyhero

Yeah I farmed Oxium myself for Zephyr even tho my clan consists of me and 1 friend and although it was a pain it was soon worth it.

After that I saw they put Distilling Extractors in which is 150 each so i bought 300 for 30 Plat as Plat is easy to get via trading or if you get a 50% off, then came Alad Alerts... Oxium isn't hard it's just time consuming which is worth it as it's something to do just like Argon Crystals and whatever else.

• 1 month later...

They should at least increase the drop rates a bit.

Like, instead of always giving us 1 for each kill, maybe 2 should be the mininum at least.~900 / 80 = ~11

Cause 900 oxium is a bit much when only getting 1 per kill. 

~900 oxium drone kills

~900 / 40 = 23?

23 missions, not that bad as the Kubrows eggs.

Hey guys,

I come back after a two month (or so) break and a lot of things have been added in such as M2 (Melee 2.0). However, one thing that did not change except gotten worse was rate of Oxium income or its usage. 300 for Helios? After I played about 3-4 games to get 100 to research? It is ridiculous, along with Zephyr's requirements too. It is not a good way to keep people interested, at least make it so that our drones can bring a lucky 50-100 Oxium every 3-4 days.

I am just saying please fix this as I would love to play Zephyr and use Helios ^^

on average per mission can get u about 30-70 depending whether or nt u have a nekros with u, on sedna kappa,and i can say,it's totally worth 600oxium's effort to build zephyr,u wont regret it :) helios is good for codex scanning,and it's pretty ok now too

on average per mission can get u about 30-70 depending whether or nt u have a nekros with u, on sedna kappa,and i can say,it's totally worth 600oxium's effort to build zephyr,u wont regret it :) helios is good for codex scanning,and it's pretty ok now too

Nekros is 100% irrelevant to Oxium farming.

Honestly, I'm going to apologise for this. Because I have a feeling I'm part of the problem.

Back when Oxium was introduced, there were some people who put together dedicated groups to farm HARD. And it worked.
During the event I averaged about 50-60 Oxium per Kappa run, because it was a group of basically maxed players that had already played a few games on the map, so once we got going, we REALLY got going. My personal record run was a whopping 92 Oxium. One, single, 15ish minute game.

Why do I say this? Because DE probably looked at the numbers that some people had and took those into account when they were setting prices. Fast forward to now, when it's nearly impossible to find an actual group wanting to do Oxium farming, and you're looking at playing with pubs. I still have decent runs on Kappa, although I do miss Mimas. 20 is a bad run, 30-35 would be about average, and 50 is the rare good group. On top of that, when I'm playing interceptions for T4 keys, nearly all of them are Corpus so have occasional Ospreys, so there's a slow stacking going on there.

One more part of the problem: You're coming back and looking at every item in the game requiring Oxium, which has built up over the past 2-3 months since the event (I think that's right?), and wasn't all introduced at once. So most people who were round at the time had those amounts of oxium lying round because of the slow gradual build up.

Long story short? Yeah, prices could be cheaper. Get a dedicated group and farming will be easier, or don't try to get everything unlocked straight away and you'll suddenly find you have twice as much as you need.

-snip-

Yeah I understand that Oxium is meant to be accumulated over longer time however I played a lot of Corpus missions (Elara, Jupiter?) and I got more Neural Sensors than I got Oxium, which is funny because AFAIK Neurals are meant to be quite rare.

I hate farming Kappa simply because those buggers you only have 1 chance to kill them before your chance at Oxium disappears right there in front of you.

If I miss with my bow I'm screwed, of course I can use other weapons but they aren't as fun :/

My fix would be to bring in more enemies that drop Oxium and they can keep the drop rates and whatnot the same 

Also, Osprey suicides ARE avoidable-if you dodgeroll sideways relative to the line they're taking, they will NOT explode.
Learning how to do this probably got me an extra 3 or 4 Oxium a run, and I'm normally killing them VERY fast. If you learn how and teach your whole squad to.... you just added 10+ to a Kappa or equivalent farming map.

Jupiter is terrible for oxium farming because i has it's own unique spawn table, it doesnt spawn usual corpus proportions.

Edited by SolarDwagon