The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So It Takes 6 Months To Create A New Boss From Scratch?

Harazard

Does this means it takes 3 months to make a new enemy?I can feel that warframe will be in beta phase for the next 2-3 years if bosses take half an year to make.

Yeah, yeah and yeah i know i complain but 6 months for a boss?I guess we have to wait for new race a year and a half.

It may be taking a long time, but having good content is worth the wait. In my spare time, I read, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Also, they may be taking time on this because they don't wanna mess it up perhaps? I don't know :3

Godspeed though :D

Does this means it takes 3 months to make a new enemy?I can feel that warframe will be in beta phase for the next 2-3 years if bosses take half an year to make.

Yeah, yeah and yeah i know i complain but 6 months for a boss?I guess we have to wait for new race a year and a half.

Have you ever made a game asset? Please educate yourself a bit before saying stuff like this.

....I don't know whether to slap you or call you a idiot... :/

They don't work on one thing at a time, they work on multiple things at once... X_X so they could probably if all of them focused on one thing finish a boss in a month.. But instead they work on multiple things...

So ya guys, get info before you complain. Because when you don't.. you look like a idiot.

Plus they are working on other games also such as UT4 which i have been waiting 5 years for!

Epic works on the UT series. DE hasn't worked on a UT game since UT2k4 (at one point I believe DE and Epic were going to merge, but that never went through).

Most games like Warframe take at least six years.

We're at least 2-3 years into that.

That's wrong. Most console and computer games take 1-3 years, with only a few exceptions when they lose total direction or something(Duke Nukem, TF2, etc.). The only thing that should be holding Warframe back is a lack of funding, a lack of developers/programmers/designers, or a lack of direction.

It's pretty crazy if they're really taking 6 months for a single boss. Unless that "single boss" includes 6 new titles, several new enemies, and a handful of new mechanics, then they seem to be taking too much time.

Edited by Grascen

Yea think about it guys, they have hella players posting reworks, ideas, proposals, and actual designs of things in the game. DE can integrate those with their own ideas for the lore and purpose of Warframe and make it happen. Since November 2013 we've had one boss rework, two new tilesets, two new frames, and I'd say around 20 or so weapons. It is currently June. Some missions in the game don't even make sense (survival on earth, capture with infested, etc...)

+1 on this thread.

@OP

You seem to be assuming that the people who took 6 months to make a boss spent ALL of their time during that 6 months making a boss.  There's another thing to mention here, while making said boss it's likely that they have created code that could be used for other things (particularly AI code).

WE also don't have concrete numbers on the amount of people that were on the team to make the boss and how much of a % of DE's staff that is.  For all we know this project was very low priority and the normal turnaround time for a project like this is much less.

It's also entirely possible that several prototypes were made for this boss then scrapped for whatever reasons, meaning they could have made 10 bosses altogether but only 1 is going to make it into the release build.

Now that I said that, you do have some good points, but it is largely based on assumptions.

Hate to throw a stone but I kind of understand what the OP is talking about I guess :/  We still haven't received the contest melee weapons.  And I thought those were being worked on for Melee 2.0...either way WELP WHAT CAN YA DO ABOUT IT?  lol *sips coffee*