Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Prime

Winchester117

A gun for the accurate

As a lover of snipers and sharpshooting i knew this would be the gun for me right away

And it was

Too bad it sits shelved most of the time now since i spend most of my time ranking other things

No I mean I have used it before and it was gathering dust in my inventory so I thought I would take it out again just for kicks... needed to get good at it again though. It was hard to get used to it since I am usually a strict archer at heart. But yeah, I was basically a Stormtrooper.

Isn't there Vile Precision which reduces recoil at the cost of RoF?

VP was the original counter to Heavy cal, but that's because Heavy cal originally reduced recoil, now it reduces accuracy, meaning no, VP no longer counters Heavy Cal. 

• When it was first released, Heavy Caliber increased recoil as well as damage. However the recoil penalty did not affect recoil-less weapons (Flux RifleIgnisSynapseParisLanka, among others), effectively acting as another instance of Serration. This was confirmed to be unintentional in Warframe Prime Time - Episode 2 (9:40). The mod's effects were changed Update 10.4: it now gives an accuracy penalty instead of a recoil penalty

Recoil is described as the physical kick of a weapon when firing, represented by the target reticule moving up a certain distance and/or shaking slightly. This can be countered by various recoil reduction mods, but remember that recoil is separate from a weapon's accuracy, which usually cannot be improved through modding.

Edited by SnoWidget

Latron Prime is one of the most undervalued guns in the game. I have 3 formas in mine and it absolutely wrecks. Ammo efficient and one hit killer. I also have a 4 forma Boltor Prime and Soma but this gun seriously grows on you. Take some time to aim and you will be kicking a s s in no time. Boltor Prime and Soma supports more run and gun gameplay, and in general more assault rifle gameplay while Latron is more of a heavy punching rifle.

Can you please post builds your builds knackie and sancticus? I'm thinking of a full in crit build but want to see what others do for high damage on theirs.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Latron_prime/t_30_23332000_131-7-5-132-4-5-133-2-5-137-0-10-138-1-5-140-5-5-141-3-5-159-6-5_137-7-138-6-133-6-141-6-132-8-140-9-159-9-131-9/en/2-0-15/879/0

I use that one. You can also add Shred instead of the extra elementals but I prefer it without.

This is what I use.

ca4fxXP.jpg

4 forma.

With this setup I can put Shred or HCal if I want too as well.

I got enough points and it depends on the situation.

This setup for example is more status inclined, but 55% status chance procs often enough in void.

y2EQZGr.jpg

Edited by fatpig84

VP was the original counter to Heavy cal, but that's because Heavy cal originally reduced recoil, now it reduces accuracy, meaning no, VP no longer counters Heavy Cal. 

• When it was first released, Heavy Caliber increased recoil as well as damage. However the recoil penalty did not affect recoil-less weapons (Flux RifleIgnisSynapseParisLanka, among others), effectively acting as another instance of Serration. This was confirmed to be unintentional in Warframe Prime Time - Episode 2 (9:40). The mod's effects were changed Update 10.4: it now gives an accuracy penalty instead of a recoil penalty

Recoil is described as the physical kick of a weapon when firing, represented by the target reticule moving up a certain distance and/or shaking slightly. This can be countered by various recoil reduction mods, but remember that recoil is separate from a weapon's accuracy, which usually cannot be improved through modding.

Thanks for clarifying, my memory was a bit hazy.

But wouldn't it be possible to mod it to only work for weapons with recoil? Kinda like how Firestorm works for only a few weapons?

Oh, a fellow hardcore archer! Nice to see there's more of us out there. Aaanywho. Latron prime... Man I've used a latron since I started this game, it was the second thing I built (first was a Dual Ether). Getting the prime one was the best investment I ever made though. I've been juggling between Latron Prime and Paris Prime ever since I got the pair :D

Ocasionaly switching to Burstron and a few others, for variety's sake.

And yeah I feel you about the Stormtrooper, I end up leading one too many latron shots because I expect it to have travel time xD

Edited by Skyrazer

Thanks for the builds guys, gives me some ideas. I think I like serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, stormbringer, toxin mod, hammer shot, shred. I wish I could fit critical delay or ice damage, but I can't take any of the other mods off. Shred would be the one to go, but punch through on the latron is essential imo.

Thanks for the builds guys, gives me some ideas. I think I like serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, stormbringer, toxin mod, hammer shot, shred. I wish I could fit critical delay or ice damage, but I can't take any of the other mods off. Shred would be the one to go, but punch through on the latron is essential imo.

Or you could drop Hammer shot for Shred. Thus keeping Cryo rounds.

It depends on what you want really

Having said that, a 4 forma build (4V 2-) will give you plenty of room to meddle around.