Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Idea For Frame And Weapon Displays

draco645

So i was thinking and i have heard from the community about frame and weapon display for while now. As i got to thinking about it i think i have managed to make the idea viable for DE and the players. I would like a lil feedback on my idea so i'm posting it here.

Idea:First i wanna start by saying that to make 1 u should need a bp for it. This bp can be a rare drop from missions or to make it harder to get an alert. After u get the bp and craft it u then get the option to place it in your dojo via the decorations option from the console. So players can't abuse this feature as a way to keep infinite weapon and frames i suggest making it so the weapons and frame being placed r not removed from the slot they are in under the players inventory. This way DE gets to keep the slot system the way it is and players still get what they want in the game.

I appreciate all feedback to this idea and i have no idea if anyone else has thought of anything similar to this as i don't visit the forum much.

Thank you for your time fellow tenno and any DE that reads this post 

I want to make sure I understand this...you're proposing an idea to turn Frames and weapons into dojo decorations? If that's the case that's interesting and I would be on board with that. Would it consume the item being turned into a decoration? Not going to lie, my dojo would like beastly with my frames sitting around as decorations but not if I can't ever use the frame again lol

in my idea i must be honest i had not considered the idea of a frame being consumed. I would have to say no but that would give some of the higher rank players a reason to go back and farm bp's for frames other than just to help lower rank players. I'm just trying to give feedback to DE of a possible viable option for something that i have heard players wanting for a lil while. I must say thank you to you for that excellent addition.

yes i kind of like the idea to but i think i would prefer it to go into the player ships if we ever get them.

also i would have to say i would like to keep what ever im placing on display so i dont have to farm for all my frames/weapons again.

I guess placing an item on display would just copy the item from your inventory and not free up a slot for another weapon etc.

Also i spose they could make expanding the display a way of needing to find more components (BPs or w/e) every time you want to expand your display to fit more items in.

I had thought about the displays i figured 1 frame display per bp and 3-5 for a weapon bp display.possibly even differant types of weapons display such as a wall,a rack,a small pod that the weapon hovers over, etc.

EDIT:After thought on your idea of implementing this into the player ship the 1 problem that keeps crossing my mind is size restriction the player ship is just that a ship it's really not designed from what i have seen of it to support more than 1 of each display and personally i'd rather display my favorite frames/weapon (which i have multiples of). However i do see your point. i suppose it could be put in as an optional mod attachment to further customize the player ship which from my understanding is the goal. Of course doing so you would essentially be sacrificing some other addition to it.

Edited by draco645