Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New to Beta - Some Early Feedback from my Day1 gameplay.

Sikab

Hello Community.

As an experienced Tester i love to give detailed feedback.

When I finally got my CB key i was excited and thrilled that i can finally be part of the beta test.

That excitement has soon passed.

After i finished Tutorial I had a window with 3 pickable frames. When I clicked on "Loki" as i wanted to view it's details... It instantly picked it as my "chosen" frame -_- No "are you sure of your choice?" or anything.

No biggie, gladly i enjoy Loki.

My first big issue:

1: sensitivity. Let me put it bluntly.: Terrible.

I have a Razer Lachesis set on 4000DPI with Sensitivity set to 8 on it. In-game, no matter how i set the "slider" (which i also will discuss soon), it just doesn't feel solid. I almost set it to 1bar on the "slider" and it's still waay too fast on hip fire, while on ADS it's terribly slow...

So i am forced to pick here.

Do i want to have good ADS sensitivity? Then i need to bump up waay up the "slider", then my hip fire is uncontrolable.

Do i want to have a good hip fire sensitivity? Even almost completely set to 0 on sensitivity, the hip fire is still too fast. While ADS is completely useless.

Unless i use the XBOX style: strafe while ADS instead of aiming.

^Is this really how it's intended to be? We play on PC for a reason... We want precision aiming (at least i do), and with this Sensitivity options It is NOT possible

This leads to my second issue.

2: sensitivity "slider":

I was shocked when i first saw it's design. Looks bad, no real information about how much you changed your sensitivity, and whats it's current setting.

Also (and this made my cry IRL)...

How an earth we don't have 2 separate sliders? 1 for Hip fire, and 1 for ADS... I mean really, as a mainly shooter gamer here, I can't even imagine how the Devs thought it's a good idea to don't implement such a simple and mandatory option... Bad desicion.

Nothing else to discuss about this.: Change the "slider": Separate the slider into 2 parts, 1 for ADS+1 for Hip Fire. Also change the style of the "slider" so it gives actual information about your settings.

My third issue, and this completely made me lose interest in continue testing.

3: Online game search:

I say it ahead, maybe i didn't searched enough and there is an option for it. But since i didn't find it...

My first game: I select the first area (on Mercury?), and it starts to search for a party. after 5-6sec of waiting it puts me in a game. I get put into the middle of a cluster******* of enemies, 3 of my teammates rushing rushing ahead o_0 i try to kill them as i thought it should be done, as i get instantly called a noob. I get told i need to rush through the lvls to the end se we get fast Credits -_-

My second game: I pick the 2nd area of Mercury, i get put into a game almost instantly again... which is good. BUT the game I'm being put into is literally FINISHED. As I joined, i made 2 steps and i was on the ending screen gaining my 650credits or how much...

My third game: same as my 2nd.

Forth: Rince and repeat..........

So overall: I'm being put into games which are half/completely done is game experience breaking!

We (at least I) need an option to only join games which are about to begin!

Current system is terrible for the mentioned reasons. Not to mention rushing for credits...

I'm currently thinking about uninstalling the Beta client. I just feel like no matter what feedback i give or would give in the future would change anything. I just can't think that I'm alone whos brought these up as a problem. And considering this isn't a recently started Beta without a change in these...

That would be it, for now. I might give it another day...

Please keep in mind the my English is not my native language. I learned it all alone, so there might be some typos.

Regards

-Sikab

Edited by Sikab

Thanks for the post. I am not sure why you feel nothing will change no matter what your feedback is. We're working on matching and network problems. Sensitivity issues are in the queue. I am sorry you had a bad experience but your experience is not being ignored

Thanks for the post. I am not sure why you feel nothing will change no matter what your feedback is. We're working on matching and network problems. Sensitivity issues are in the queue. I am sorry you had a bad experience but your experience is not being ignored

thanks for the respone. at this time when i write this. i did gave the beta another try. now that i got the hang of how the "matchmaking" works, the experience is much more better.

but as i said, my main issue is sensitivity. i completely turned down the settings.... literally turned it off, and hip-fire is still insanely fast.

but it's good to know it's on the to do list.

The day it gets sorted out is the day i purchase myself a founders pack :) enjoyign the game now that i got the hang of the matchmaking.

Are you low sensitivity player Sikab? I'm using the Deathadder at 6400 DPI and at 1 tick of the ingame bar, It's working well for me. Perhaps try creating a profile in synapse using half your DPI and linking it to the Warframe .exe so you have a smoother aiming experience. I agree a number system and ADS/Hip fire option would be great.

but as i said, my main issue is sensitivity. i completely turned down the settings.... literally turned it off, and hip-fire is still insanely fast.

I'm guessing you've messed with your windows mouse settings already to no avail? I've logged way too many hours in third person shooters and I didn't see a problem but maybe I'm just used to the ultra high sensitivity.

Totally agree we do need two sliders one for hip fire and one for marksmanship mode, didn't really think of that but now that you mention, it's pretty important if it's not a huge burden on the devs.

Edited by MegatechBody

Are you low sensitivity player Sikab? I'm using the Deathadder at 6400 DPI and at 1 tick of the ingame bar, It's working well for me. Perhaps try creating a profile in synapse using half your DPI and linking it to the Warframe .exe so you have a smoother aiming experience. I agree a number system and ADS/Hip fire option would be great.

well. i'm kind of a Mix, i love to have the "golden middle".

slower hip-fire, but faster ADS.