The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Braton Prime

Nintenn064

I hope the Braton vandal gets a parallel buff along side it, as its supposed to.

they've always been on the same overall level but with different stats, so that nether out shined the other and it retained purpose for those of us that have it.

EDIT: well crap that didnt happen.....YET!

Edited by Roogan

DE's way of buffing stuff:

1. Make bad weapon

2. Don't listen to the community for aeons

3. Promise to buff it

4. Wait some more

5. Finally announce the buff

6. Add some damage, status chance, fire rate

7. Remove 200 bullets from ammo pool

8. Bad weapon is now still bad

9. ???????

10. Boltor Prime still is not matched by any primary.

10. Boltor Prime still is not matched by any primary.

This buff is fine. It never should have come close to boltor prime levels.

That weapon is overdue some nerf hammer.

This braton prime buff is a great improvement from before the patch.

Now it has the same base dmg as the supra, less firerate and much better crit and status, so pls DE, buff supra next

Supra will get a buff once they make energy weapons have a different ammo pool.

Infinite ammo seems like a pretty good deal...just wait for it.

So they buffed Puncture and Slash damage - but left Impact alone. Like we really needed its Slash buffed. The Puncture buff was nice and appreciated called for ...but the Braton Prime is STILL not an all-rounder and badly inefficient vs Corpus unless you mod for elemental damage.

They increased the clip size - which was never an issue to begin with - to 75 rounds..but then yanked 200 rounds from total ammo capacity. The reasoning behind this escapes me because this part of the Braton Prime was never broken.

Fire rate buff...ok, now I don't have to use maxed Speed Trigger. Status chance buff...nice but underwhelming.

So we have a "generalist" assault rifle that's even more focused against Infested now, slightly better at killing Grineer, and still mediocre vs. Corpus.

I don't seem to recall these being the changes that the majority of the community wanted.

The max ammo nerf was completely unnecessary. 

Nerf a weapon that was already in a bad state to begin with, What logic. 

Aside from that, the buffs were okay. Still would have liked better reload speed and the weapon balanced with all 3 damage types though. 

Edited by Weaponizer

It's exactly what it should be now.

The ammo capacity thing is weird and I simply don't follow the logic there, but it really doesn't matter much and is easy enough to work around.

As for damage output, it's now worthy of its T3 status. This is what a prime should be. This is the Braton that won the Great War.

That weapon is overdue some nerf hammer.

Nah, it's just in dire need of a MR10 requirement to craft and use.

So they buffed Puncture and Slash damage - but left Impact alone. Like we really needed its Slash buffed. The Puncture buff was nice and appreciated called for ...but the Braton Prime is STILL not an all-rounder and badly inefficient vs Corpus unless you mod for elemental damage.

Was it too much to wish for, that all Bratons have equal (= balanced) physical damage, so you can slap on a different I/P/S mod depending on the faction?

Nah, it's just in dire need of a MR10 requirement to craft and use.

Was it too much to wish for, that all Bratons have equal (= balanced) physical damage, so you can slap on a different I/P/S mod depending on the faction?

Having a 5-forma Braton Prime as my main weapon for months, I find that the Slash damage is a signature characteristic of the Braton Prime, and shouldn't be changed. To me it would be like saying the Nikana (katana) should do balanced damage instead:

Whenever you shoot with the Braton Prime, enemies are cut in half.

This is the counterpart of the Boltor Prime's Puncture damage that pins enemies to the wall.

It's useless as hell and purely cosmetic, but I feel Braton Prime without main Slash wouldn't be Braton Prime.

As a side effect this affects Nekros' Desecrate.

But anyways, thank you for the buff, the changes to the weapon are smooth.

The ammo pool decrease doesn't affect me much.

Edited by Hurricaaane

I too am a fan of Braton Prime being slash focused, chopping enemies to pieces makes it visually more fun to use than other rifles. I love the buffs, only part I don't understand is obviously the ammo capacity nerf.

Scott re-implemented his "bucket of power" philosophy I guess. You put something in, you gotta take something out otherwise its too full.