The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Braton Prime

Nintenn064

Nah, it's just in dire need of a MR10 requirement to craft and use.

Was it too much to wish for, that all Bratons have equal (= balanced) physical damage, so you can slap on a different I/P/S mod depending on the faction?

Apparently it was. IIRC most of the community members that wanted the Braton Prime buffed asked for just that: more balanced damage by buffing Impact up to existing Puncture levels at the very least.

The buff in terms of damage, crit and fire-rate is definitely welcome and it is not overdone either (*cough* Synoid Gammacor *cough*). Nicely done DE!

It is now on par with the beam on the Quanta in terms of straight up DPS (17.5k sustained DPS for both of them). The only problem with the Braton Prime for high-level play is now its ammo consumption, but at least it is viable as long as you bring ammo-restores.

Have you met the Soma?

It would like a word with you.

Soma still does not compare with Boltor Prime, Soma maxes at 19k sustained while the Boltor Prime maxes at 25k sustained DPS. The good thing with the Soma is that you can build it like a DMR, but you lose quite a lot of DPS from that (ends up at 14k sustained) and it can only compete if you are actually headshotting a lot.

But here are a few weapons which can and do compete with Boltor Prime in sustained DPS on plain bodyshots:

* Lanka   26k

* Latron Wraith   24k

* Opticor   29k
* Phage   22k

* Synapse   28k

The buff in terms of damage, crit and fire-rate is definitely welcome and it is not overdone either (*cough* Synoid Gammacor *cough*). Nicely done DE!

It is now on par with the beam on the Quanta in terms of straight up DPS (17.5k sustained DPS for both of them). The only problem with the Braton Prime for high-level play is now its ammo consumption, but at least it is viable as long as you bring ammo-restores.

Soma still does not compare with Boltor Prime, Soma maxes at 19k sustained while the Boltor Prime maxes at 25k sustained DPS. The good thing with the Soma is that you can build it like a DMR, but you lose quite a lot of DPS from that (ends up at 14k sustained) and it can only compete if you are actually headshotting a lot.

But here are a few weapons which can and do compete with Boltor Prime in sustained DPS on plain bodyshots:

* Lanka   26k

* Latron Wraith   24k

* Opticor   29k

* Phage   22k

* Synapse   28k

Soma has the advantage of being hitscan. And unlike the Boltor Prime, I actually find the Soma worth using. I won't even consider using a Catalyst on my Boltor Prime. It just sits in my Arsenal gathering dust.

Soma has the advantage of being hitscan. And unlike the Boltor Prime, I actually find the Soma worth using. I won't even consider using a Catalyst on my Boltor Prime. It just sits in my Arsenal gathering dust.

Wholly agree with you there. I don't like how the boltor feels either. I have no problems aiming with it or using it, but it is boring and the feel of the Soma is better.