The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Braton Prime

Nintenn064

I'd like for it to be comparable to the Boltor Prime the same way that (WAAYYY back when) the vanilla Braton used to be able to compete with the Boltor. That is, if you consistently scored head shots. It rewarded skillful aiming, which was wonderful.

Sigh, the days when the Braton was secretly top tier

All of my yes, i just got it and it's depressing to see how underwhelming it can be, it looks so amazing too.. (And for crying out loud, a decent reload animation would also be good.)

Do not fret, my fellow tenno! Throw unto it 6 forma and it shall give that overpowered gun called the Karak a run for its money!!! AND will absolutely demolish a nonforma'ed mk1! Good thing it only takes 5-6 forma and not 8, be grateful, tenno!

20% Crit sounds good, but the Slash it has already seems quite reasonable. What I feel the Braton Prime desperately needs is its Impact and Puncture brought up to at least 10 so it's not so dependent on elemental damage when dealing with Grineer and Corpus troops.

On a related note, The Braton is a good generalist assault rifle due to its fairly even spread of physical damage...and the regular Braton is a copy of an Orokin-era weapon, correct? However, for a copy of an Orokin weapon, the regular Braton is mostly superior despite its slightly smaller magazine and lower Slash damage in comparison to its Orokin "predecessor. The Braton Prime doesn't feel like a generalist Assault Rifle at all, but rather something to specifically chew up Infested and really light infantry - as if we really need a Prime weapon for that at present.

20% Crit sounds good, but the Slash it has already seems quite reasonable. What I feel the Braton Prime desperately needs is its Impact and Puncture brought up to at least 10 so it's not so dependent on elemental damage when dealing with Grineer and Corpus troops.

On a related note, The Braton is a good generalist assault rifle due to its fairly even spread of physical damage...and the regular Braton is a copy of an Orokin-era weapon, correct? However, for a copy of an Orokin weapon, the regular Braton is mostly superior despite its slightly smaller magazine and lower Slash damage in comparison to its Orokin "predecessor. The Braton Prime doesn't feel like a generalist Assault Rifle at all, but rather something to specifically chew up Infested and really light infantry - as if we really need a Prime weapon for that at present.

i don't think generalist assault rifle is a good idea, by increasing impact and puncture the damage gain would be alot less than pure slash because all factions generally consist of two armor types with the most predominant one being flesh (actual health) So if you can proc alot of flesh you can actually kill them very fast.

However impact and puncture affects damage resistance which really isn't a worry at any point because they vary from faction to faction (like shields or armor being faction specific) so increasing slash damage would yield more returns. That is also why it feels weird but a karak even though it can outdamage or sustain the damage of a braton prime requires more bullets in general feeling to kill the same enemies. Damage resistance plays a big role, by default against the grineer most players are already dealing roughly 60% of their total damage at base level.

So with all the meta math involved, i would say that damage numbers or making braton prime more generalist isn't the way to go, it wouldn't make it more powerful.

It FINALLY came up on the stream. I was kinda let down though how it wasn't even on the buff radar :(  I mean after about a dozen threads and alot of support for it you'd think they would have at least seen one of the threads already. oh well, I guess we'll just get more random buffs on other weapons.

DE sees what it wants to see.

Not complaining about however long it takes, as DE have said they will do it at some point. They can take all the time they need.

However when do you think DE will make good on the buff mention?

Think it will be a quick thing in a little patch on some random Wednesday?

Will it come with the next prime access (estimated for 24/25th of September) patch?

Will it come with update 16 ( Estimated by DE as October)? 

Its hard to say with such things as its mainly Scott that runs the changes and he gets very busy at the halfway to release of the next big patch.

Edited by MDRLOz

Considering more than 10 of these threads have been made and have all been highly supported, yet the question apparently took him by surprise when it was asked in the devstream, I'd say some other random weapons (don't need a buff, people find boring, etc.) will get a buff before Braton prime ever sees one.

Considering its something that can be done in less than a minute I dont see why they need a month to get round to do it.

You mean it's taken them months to get around to it. But yes, you're right. Adjust a few attributes, test, push changes to public build and done. I used to mod for a couple of games and the impression I get is that editing damage stats for weapons should be ridiculously easy for them.

So what's holding DE up on making simple and needed changes? This IS a beta after all.

Edited by MirageKnight

• 1 month later...

Restating my support for Braton Prime to be buffed.  I would assume that a Prime should be judged against its peers (read:  other Primes)  not market and clantech weaponry.  The fact that Braton P isn't is all the reason a person should need to greenlight a buff for it.

On that note, I would also request a consistency be created between the primes and their non-prime counterparts so that in the future, we don't have such glaring disparities to detract from focus on new or better content.

Edit: grammar.

Edited by Malikon