The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe In Firstperson

Alex9-3-9

so me and a friend of mine were playing around exploring every room and we got locked out forever because the panel didn't work for neither of us and also because of lag I was able to get some first person pictures

this is the tile in which the panel is broken(has been since i first saw it).

2014-06-09_00013_zpsca3a81a2.jpg

this is the reason for why i could see first person when i moved forward. the collision box of the resource caused it

2014-06-09_00015_zps45459c68.jpg

2014-06-09_00019_zps29a236fb.jpg

2014-06-09_00014_zps75154e05.jpg

yes that is my helmet clipping through the view

2014-06-09_00017_zps9cdbec14.jpg

still though if i could play first person with my oculus that would be nice

I'm fine with it as an option as long as it's not the default setting. And I think it goes without saying, but being an option, it shouldn't be forced on me at all. A first person view would have a sort of Mirror's Edge vibe to it, am I wrong?

Why don't most shooters have the ability to toggle from 1st to 3rd person? Even Star Wars: Battlefront II, a decade old game had that capability. I would stick to third person to move around, but move to first for melee, 'cause it gets hectic when I'm trying to melee in a crowd, I don't know what's going on! All in all, I'd like to see the ability to toggle.

Edited by NeyoWargear

Why don't most shooters have the ability to toggle from 1st to 3rd person? Even Star Wars: Battlefront II, a decade old game had that capability. I would stick to third person to move around, but move to first for melee, 'cause it gets hectic when I'm trying to melee in a crowd, I don't know what's going on! Al in all, I'd like to see the ability to toggle.

Firefall actually did it, and it did it pretty well. Playing on Third Person and First Person both felt equally good.

Too bad the game doesn't have enough in it to be fun :(

The one thing though is how would you do all those complex melee movies without barfing all over your screen. would you just be looking at your enemy as arms fly in and out of your screen XD. Especially with combos like Burtal tide, or Gleaming Talon where flips are involved and hand stands too. That could become either very dizzying or just flat out weird looking. Can you imagine just a disembodied leg flying in your screen suddenly? (during brutal tide?)

I wouldn't mind a first person option for shooting but it would have to auto third when you started to melee.

I can't even imagine how sick playing in first person would make me feel. All the jumping and spinning and *bleh*.

They wouldn't necessarily have to have the first person camera follow all the spinning and what not.  It doesn't really need to be realistic.  Some people just like it for using guns and it would work better with VR sets.

Edited by Aggh

Well, you know everyone is zoren-coptering around the place like chickens with their heads cut off. How would you handle such a thing in first person? Because that might cause even the thoughest of stomachs to revolt eventually.

Wouldn't matter to me either way, I wouldn't use it. In fact, I'm for it to be included as an option, I just wonder about the practicality.

I never thought about this before but it would be pretty sweet to play in first person. Kind of surprised in a way that its not in there as an option given the developers backgrounds.

Edited by grillv20