Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grim, Scindio Or Dhs

Cuaroc

Question

13 answers to this question

Also worth considering if you want to hit single enemies or multiple enemies at once. Plasma Sword has good, fast charge damage but hits only 1 target, while the heavy weapons can hit multiple enemies but with slightly slower charge speed (though increased damage but maybe lower crit chance, it all comes down to minor details). After picking single or multi target, you should aim for the one you think look coolest.

Edited by Bitfly

Scindo is my choice, as it has the greatest range and highest charge damage and you can 1-shot almost anything once you max out a couple mods, add some frost element and the scindo also becomes the most efficient crowd control weapon the game has to offer (slam the ground and you disable anyone in range for several seconds). Dual Heat Swords deal less damage per swing (still 2nd best charge damage) so might not 1-shot as many enemies, but it charges a lot faster and so those enemies that do require 2 or 3 charges will die faster.

Furax? It has the same damage as the Dual Heat sword, but no multihit and the range of a dagger so no.

Edited by CubedOobleck

some people firmly believe that gram charges faster, with a few saying they observed it in-game. then again, we don't know if they are supplied with charge increase mods or not.

some also say scindo has the highest charge damage. but this is probably because of the armor penetration passive it has.

I'll just plop this down here.

Gram vs Scindo

+Higher base Fire Rate (Swing Speed; also benefits more from Fire Rate mods)

-Reach (About 1/4th or 1/3rd less reach compared to the Scindo)

-Lower base damage (This doesn't matter much since you should be stacking Charge Damage anyway)

Both have the exact same Charge Speed, the only reason that this is debated over is because all the heavy weapons (Amphis included, even though it's.. not really a heavy weapon) have two parts to the Charge attack: the charge up and the swing. The Charge up is self-explanatory, but the second part, the swing, is not affected by Charge Speed and works off of Fire Rate. This is why people believe the Gram to have a faster Charge Speed when in reality it's just the second part being faster. That being said, the only difference between the two (not taking into account speamming normal attacks) is Speed vs Range. That's it. Nothing else.

@Denmax All Charge attacks have innate armor ignore, the Gram/Fragor/Scindo have the exact same charge damage/speed and the Scindo doesn't technically have a passive armor penetration "stat".

In regards to the OP, you shouldn't pick a weapon to compliment a Frame because in all honesty and in practical gameplay, this means absolutely nothing. Nothing. I mean, you could pair a Gram with a Rhino and spam Iron Skin and chop things up but you could do the exact same with say, a Heat Dagger. Rhino as a frame won't be any worse and the two weapons won't perform any worse.

In terms of straight-up Charge Damage, it comes down to the Gram vs Scindo. Again, Speed vs Range.

For everyone on the thread: please use the search function. This has been gone over tons of times. Alternatively, look through my posts.. I've gone through this tons of time. :I