Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Void Loot Rooms/obstacle Courses Close After You Leave/open Only Once?

Aumaan

As stated above.  I ask because I just ran a mission with someone and found the loot room.  Decided to run it and made it to the end (hit the pressure plate and the slowly closing door stopped and went back up.  

I was then told that I shouldn't do that again because the door only opens once and they couldn't get in.  I then walked back out through the wide open doors, which didn't close behind me.  I backtracked to look and the large door was still up.  I could walk from the entrance to the door freely.

Just to be sure I ran another void mission to test things.  I ended up getting the exact same obstacle course type, got through it then left. Went to the entrance of the course and made my way back through, all the doors stayed open, even the one at the end. (I tried to take screenshots but apparently the button wasn't working).  

Now, either this person had no idea what they were talking about or the doors were only open for me, which I think would be really weird.  These doors were simply open, not closed with green lights, just open.

This isn't me trying to prove someone else wrong as much as me double checking. If what they say is true I'll have to be more careful in later missions.

P.S. Hopefully this is the correct forum, I wasn't sure if this should go in general discussion or Players helping Players.

Edited by Aumaan

As I remember it, If you step on the pressure plate the door closes behind you until you ether, fail or succeed. If you fail you can get in and out of the room that has the pressure plate but no farther; if you succeed you have access to all of the track freely.

As I remember it, If you step on the pressure plate the door closes behind you until you ether, fail or succeed. If you fail you can get in and out of the room that has the pressure plate but no farther; if you succeed you have access to all of the track freely.

I will add to this in that the initial door can close if you're too slow - I had a Corrupted Ancient backhand me as soon as it opened and saw that the door had almost shut by the time I got back up.

So Initial room door is on a timer as well as automatically closing when you step on the pressure pad that opens up into the trigger room for the Trap room.

Well, if you go with all 4 you have a higher chance of success. If you did not make it, the door would be closed and no one could get in. But if they were there the chance to get to the end would increase.

It was not because you got to the end, it was because that you could have failed there on your own and denied all the loot for yourself and them.

Best in most cases to ping the room. And wait for your team mates. Just in case you DO fail the course and someone else makes it.

Edited by Airwolfen

If you succeed it is all cool but unless you are confident about succeeding 100% of the time you shouldn't trigger it by yourself in a group game.  Consider that a random bug could see you run through a wall instead of along it ruining everyones chances at loot because you didn't want to wait.

Also, trying to complete those courses is part of the fun so it's nice to let other people do it too.

Basicly, the guy was talking rubbish.  If you completed the run he could still go get his loot.  However, you are taking away part of the challenge and experience of the game so it is good ettiquette to wait for the group.

Alright, thanks for the responses.  

If they had said something about it being better to wait so everyone has a chance/more chances to succeed that would been one thing, that makes perfect sense; but they were talking about it actually closing off once it was finished.

Alright, thanks for the responses.  

If they had said something about it being better to wait so everyone has a chance/more chances to succeed that would been one thing, that makes perfect sense; but they were talking about it actually closing off once it was finished.

Nah. all timed door open once the end plate has been pressed.