Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Idea: Dragoon, Team Buffing

Rallinious

Hey there forum goers,

so I thought I'd try my hand at concepting a warframe, my idea was a team buffer frame with both solo and team play in mind. The frames style would either be based on an eastern dragon design or an eastern with western influences. (Concept art maybe later). However I plan to share my skill ideas now.

1) Battle Cry: an AoE shout that buffs both Dragoon's and Allies melee damage by x%/x%/X% as well are thier armor by x/x/x/. Scaling increases power, range and duration.

Reasoning: This shout would prove useful, especially playing with teams with less then durable frames, Ember and Mag come to mind. While buffing range damage is something I thought about, ultimately I saved that for later, as well as % damage reduction instead of Armor.

2) Lance: a dash type like attack like Dash Slash or Rhino Charge, however the attack ignores armor, stopping at the first target hit, sending a "lance" shockwave in a line in front of Dragoon. Leveling would scale damage and the "Lance's" range.

Reasoning: I figured the Frame would need at least one offensive ability to round out its kit and this seemed like a fitting choice. it has similar power to Dash Slash, however it doesn't have the repositioning strength Dash Slash does.

3) Roar: Another AoE shout however this ones slows enemies by a static amount and buffs allies movement speed, Ally speed and AoE range increase with level.

Reasoning: Having seen only one skill currently that effects movement speed, I figured another would be great, while not as powerful as Volts, the slow plus the MS boost would greatly help a caught teammate get out of a tight spot (especially against infested) or just help your team reposition from a bad engagement.

4) Dragon's Embrace: Dragoon's "ulti" skill, is a buff that after a short cast time, buffs the Melee, Power and Range damage allied frames and Dragoon do. It would also give a % damage reduction. Lastly the Buff would also make your team immune to stun for the duration. Scaling would only affect the buffs timer.

Reasoning: as Dragoon's 4th skill, I wanted it to be something powerful, but also to stay to the frame's core, as a buffer. I would have like to have more then just the time scale, but I worry that would be OP, if it's not already borderline so.

So there you have it, my idea for a team buffing frame. This is a WIP and I plan to add to it later, but feel free to post comments, good or bad, what you like and what you might change.

I would love something similar to this, but the only problem the community would have is the imbalance issues a buffer class (beyond what trinity already does) would have on the impact to farmers, a speed buff for the entire team would be used by those who consider themselves the "elitists" and only cause further arguement to up the difficulty again, which in any party not currently using a buffer class in one of the 4 slots would cause yet another uproar, im not 100% against the idea, i just understand how hard the balancing issues would be in regards to a class able to do such powerful things.

I would love something similar to this, but the only problem the community would have is the imbalance issues a buffer class (beyond what trinity already does) would have on the impact to farmers, a speed buff for the entire team would be used by those who consider themselves the "elitists" and only cause further arguement to up the difficulty again, which in any party not currently using a buffer class in one of the 4 slots would cause yet another uproar, im not 100% against the idea, i just understand how hard the balancing issues would be in regards to a class able to do such powerful things.

and I agree, the hardest part about a buffer class is getting the numbers just right so the frame isn't useless, but at the same time isn't so powerful they every group feels like it needs one. my idea behind balancing the speed buff would making the energy cost high enough to not be spamable, but still useful, while keeping the duration long enough to matter while fighting.

Edited by Rallinious