Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 13.7.0 + 13.7.0.1: Depths Of The Void

[DE]Rebecca

SO, remember when I said;

Well!

v4GH93F.gif

Why do you complain, it's different! You got 300 less alloy plates than before!...

D.E. , rng please. If it isn't lowered, the number of players will,sadly... :/ (we want a feeling of progress,with our skill most of the time)

Edited by unknow99

I'm probably one of the few ones in this topic who actually likes playing Interception, even (or especially) solo. Sure, it requires a few more tweaks to make it a bit more enjoyable, like allowing players to "hack" for instant control, and for enemies to also capture the node with uncontested presence, but some exclaims here are very exaggerated.

I withhold my statements about the drop table distribution for now as there has been a mention that this will likely be changed in the upcoming days, but everyone screaming for a token system is slightly missing the point. A straight up token system will not do the game any good, there needs to be a hybrid solution to make it worthwhile. I'm thinking more in the lines of converting the unwanted items which in the end is different from what I've seen from most token system suggestions. Perhaps I can be bothered to write a topic about that finally.

Lastly, I don't get everyone crying about the grind. It is you - and ONLY you - who puts yourself into the grind mentality because you want those things right now. So what gives if you can't have the stuff within a single day? Who's fault is it when you sit there, spending all your free time burning yourself out? It is your fault, because you haven't grasped the concept of moderation. Patience is a virtue. If you don't have that, then there is your wallet right next to you. Either way, you're paying. Either with your money or with your time, and money is accumulated with effort, which again is done with spent time. So it doesn't matter how you turn it, you always spend time.

The change of losing keys is an outright slap in the face, and this one I'm very upset about. There are crashes happening, and the are not a rare occurrence. I'd pretty much want to call for everyone who crashes, taking the WAR number, opening a support ticket and request the key to be reimbursed. Seriously, from all the changes here, this is the only one that makes my bile rise.

RNG is one thing. But punishing people because the game can't keep crashes in check, is an entirely different one.

Edited by Khunvyel

I'm probably one of the few ones in this topic who actually likes playing Deception, even (or especially) solo. Sure, it requires a few more tweaks to make it a bit more enjoyable, like allowing players to "hack" for instant control, and for enemies to also capture the node with uncontested presence, but some exclaims here are very exaggerated.

I withhold my statements about the drop table distribution for now as there has been a mention that this will likely be changed in the upcoming days, but everyone screaming for a token system is slightly missing the point. A straight up token system will not do the game any good, there needs to be a hybrid solution to make it worthwhile. I'm thinking more in the lines of converting the unwanted items which in the end is different from what I've seen from most token system suggestions. Perhaps I can be bothered to write a topic about that finally.

Lastly, I don't get everyone crying about the grind. It is you - and ONLY you - who puts yourself into the grind mentality because you want those things right now. So what gives if you can't have the stuff within a single day? Who's fault is it when you sit there, spending all your free time burning yourself out? It is your fault, because you haven't grasped the concept of moderation. Patience is a virtue. If you don't have that, then there is your wallet right next to you. Either way, you're paying. Either with your money or with your time, and money is accumulated with effort, which again is done with spent time. So it doesn't matter how you turn it, you always spend time.

The change of losing keys is an outright slap in the face, and this one I'm very upset about. There are crashes happening, and the are not a rare occurrence. I'd pretty much want to call for everyone who crashes, taking the WAR number, opening a support ticket and request the key to be reimbursed. Seriously, from all the changes here, this is the only one that makes my bile rise.

RNG is one thing. But punishing people because the game can't keep crashes in check, is an entirely different one.

RE: Grind. You're forgetting the third option: not paying with either.  Soooooo many veteran players fleeing the game due to grind walls isn't good for business.

DE, I am (was?) a huge fan of this game.  I've recommended it to everyone who would listen.  I've written dissertations on it's merits on every gaming forum I frequent trying to recruit new players, or encourage people to at least give this game a chance.  I know for a fact that I've got quite a few people to play, encouraging them to stick with it despite the high difficulty (when you are modless & using a mk-1 everything is hard) & little direction to new players.  I've advised them on the best places to get the mod they want/need and encouraged them to just buy some plat and trade with another player if they started to get frustrated/burnt out trying to get specific mod if I didn't have a spare to give them.

With the 'new direction' this game seems to be headed (RNG grind hell) I am starting to regret & feel a bit guilty about this.

I've already posted about my dislike of the forced interception missions and the increased void dilution last night, and I hope you really do address this sooner, rather than later.  (Like maybe today?)  Oh, and for the sake of us all, please remove credit and resource rewards from all survival/defense/etc missions.  NONE of us are ever happy to see 2000 credits 15 minutes in on any mission.. ever.  It's just insulting.. and no 15,000 wouldn't be any better.

Anyway, the point of this post is this:

While you are fixing the drop tables for this update, maybe you can re-re-balance the drop chances on Delta beacons from update 13 as well.  My nav beacons shouldn't have a ratio of 89-43-30-1, with 1 being the delta beacon, should they?  Yes, yes, I know I COULD run the missions with Nekros and increase my beacon drop rate - but you know what?  His ONLY useful ability is desecrate - and that doesn't make him fun to play, which for me, is the point of playing video games in the first place.  FUN.  (I will add that was happy to hear that you might be re-working Nekros in the near future - hopefully I'll be around to see it, but for now he will remain a rank 15 Warframe for me as I just don't enjoy playing him).

With the current drop rate on Delta beacons, I've pretty much given up on getting Hydroid after only 2 runs at Vey Hek.  It's just not fun to grind missions for the beacons to finally get the opportunity to fight Vey Hek, for the slight chance of him dropping the blueprints I need.  As it was, I had to fight Jackal nearly 30 times to get the last blueprint I needed for Rhino.  It was so frustrating to me that after I finally got it, I shut the game off and didn't play it again for 2 days.

What I and most of the rest of your player-base is saying is simply - grinding isn't fun and it isn't content.  I've spent a lot of time (550+ hours) and a decent amount of money on this game, but lately I find myself starting up other games more and more often.  If the grindwall continues to become more and more insurmountable (as all the recent trends seem to indicate [which, now that I really think about it, started way back with the Nekros golem co-ordinate farming]) I am sure many of us, including myself, will just stop trying & move on.  

I hope to see a reversal of this trend, as I really do feel that Warframe is a terrific game and (was once) a shining example that all F2P games are NOT the same.  Please, let's get back on the right track and away from this incredibly boring grind-or-pay road we seem to be going down or I (and I predict many others) will end up getting off in a couple exits.

Make T4 keys obtainable from Void missions and alerts only. Make them obtainable like Forma or ODA keys. Take the interception mission component out, because those missions are horrible.

Make interception missions Nightmare Mode only OR replace certain Dark Sector missions with them.

Take resource and credits out of the loot tables. Place T4 keys in their place.

Extra ideas: Make key/bp for T4 from same mission type only. Exterminate4 from T1-3E missions. Have Argon crystal as component for T4 key construction (Note: Only if you take out the interception part). Adjust loot tables for 1-4 for non-redundant drops. Include a new key in those reward tables for appropriate mission type.